Confirmed with Link: Anderson re-signed (3 yrs, $4.2 AAV)

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
If I had a time machine, before going back in time to stop Hitler, I would warn John Muckler not to sign Gerber.

Karlsson2Turris*

Finally our organization has some very good goaltending depth. The Elliot/Auld/Leclaire days were brutal...

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
As expected, the Pro-Lehner crowd on Twitter are losing their minds. Did they miss the fact that he was ALSO extended?

Do they not get that Lehner likes Anderson and appreciates having him around as a mentor?

What is wrong with having two solid goalies?

I find that most people who are in a rush are generally going nowhere. Let them yap, they have no realization that Lehner needs to grow more.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
What a performance by Gerber there. That's gonna be Lehner in the future. Similar playing style but just ten times better.

Also, watching Vermette there brought back so many memories. Gonna be Lazar instead too.

The Fuhr*

Arvedson is up there too. Guy was a dominant defensive forward before he had his guts surgically removed.

I agree... Andreas Dackell could throw his name in the hat too for best PK forward ever among Sens players.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So basically so far... the raises from this year to next year (2014-15 > 2015-16)

Lehner : $1,500,000 > $2,025,000
MacArthur : $3,250,000 > $4,500,000
Anderson : $3,500,000 > $4,750,000

So about a 3 millions raise for the 3 players...

Ryan : $5,562,500 > ???
Methot :$3,750,000 > ???

And I'd say another 3 millions raise for both Methot and Ryan... Condra (1 300 000$) comes off the books and will be replaced by a cheaper/younger player, so the Sens might save a 500 000$ right there

Overall, it's a 5.5 investment to keep the core, but with the cap going up, Melnyk has no choice to follow up with the cap, so the budget might be over 60 M$ next year

The following year, Phillips, Neil, Legwand and Gryba come off the books. That's a 8.8 millions where the Sens will save a lot of dough with replacements like Claesson, Englund, Prince... not sure who exactly but they will easily save 5 millions

Then, it's time to re-up Chiasson, Zibanejad, etc.

Who gives a ****ing **** about what the posters on the main boards say? I use to care what the main boards said, but that is until i found out that everyone is delusional over there.

On Andy, i say it might be 1 year too long honestly. Other than that though, i can't complain. I just hope this deal does not get in the way of Lehner becoming a starter. If Lehner vastly improves next season and the season after that and is ready to be a starter, i hope Andy will be fine with becoming the backup instead of acting like Brodeur.

I'm having a playing field on the main board... Haven't been for years and now that I have a bit of free time, I'm enjoying the slaughter lol

I thought our board was bad, but it's in fact just a handful of posters who are spinning facts to influence the others in their hatred bias.

I see no risk of Andy "Brodeuring" on us... Brodeur has an ego bigger than the rink and is living off his legend.

Yep, the only real risk in this is the 3rd year. However, the salary is only 3.1 so the last year might be easily moveable to a budget team or a team who has ton of cap space and need a saavy veteran goalie (always a need for that on the market, see Nabokov/Vokoun)

My only concern is that it's perhaps a year too long. Anderson's already starting to get up there in age. .

Just turned 33 years old... He's actually younger than me!

I wonder if the org was upfront and said "we'll trade you if Lehner takes off"? That's a decent situation for the team and andy. Everybody gets some insurance and I could totally see him signing under those circumstances.

I'm pretty sure Anderson wouldn't mind being traded if there is no real need for him at some point, like if Lehner releases the beast in him and is too good to not play 65 games a year. That's the kind of things that were probably discussed in negotiations. Anderson is a NHL goalie, he sees what Lehner can become

What a performance by Gerber there. That's gonna be Lehner in the future. Similar playing style but just ten times better.

Gerber is small... Lehner is built like a tank

Imagine facing NHL shooters when you're 5'10-5'11

Last edited:

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
Time Machine Scenario:

Take time machine back to the past to help draft day Senators pick the right player.

Tell Senators you have to meet brass because you know the future.

Promptly get stuck in the Royal Ottawa for an indeterminate amount of time and get to watch the Senators make the selections you dreaded from the beginning.

After finally getting out, you get back to find your time machine was impounded and you can't get it back... And you forgot to bring the winning lottery numbers with you.

Manage to get a big loan from Louie the loan shark to bet on the outcome of the Stanley Cup Playoffs because you remember the winners.

Promptly lose it all because the butterfly effect you had from coming back changed the course of history.

Get killed by Louie.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Time Machine Scenario:

Take time machine back to the past to help draft day Senators pick the right player.

Tell Senators you have to meet brass because you know the future.

Promptly get stuck in the Royal Ottawa for an indeterminate amount of time and get to watch the Senators make the selections you dreaded from the beginning.

After finally getting out, you get back to find your time machine was impounded and you can't get it back... And you forgot to bring the winning lottery numbers with you.

Manage to get a big loan from Louie the loan shark to bet on the outcome of the Stanley Cup Playoffs because you remember the winners.

Promptly lose it all because the butterfly effect you had from coming back changed the course of history.

Get killed by Louie.

Moral of the story, never trust a guy named Louie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad