Anders Lee

scott99

May 13, 2005
Great month for Lee, he's gonna be a helluva player. Goal scoring machine who is unmovable in the crease. Hope we sign him to a long term deal.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Lee's hands are magic.

And did anyone see his drop-pass last night? Silky mitts. :laugh:

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
Love Anders. 24 years old and I think will still get even better. I think of him at 27 or 28 fully matured NHL player and just have to smile - just better be here!

From now to end of season each goal he scores will probably mean an additional $150k + in base annual pay on his next contract. Nice way to look at it if you are AL.

This contract is going to be an interesting one. Any thoughts?

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://islanderspointblank.com/islanders/anders-lee-is-heating-up/

Anders Lee is getting his scoring touch back at just the right time.

Lee scored for the first time in 11 games when he fired a wrister home from the slot off a Josh Bailey feed to cut the Flyer lead to 4-2. Then, with 28 seconds remaining in the game, John Tavares won a face off deep in the Flyers’ zone, shuffled a backhand pass to an open Lee, who beat Steve Mason to tie the game at four.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=762199

Left wing Anders Lee was the victim of a numbers game at the start of the 2014-15 season. Instead of being with the New York Islanders, he started the season in the American Hockey League with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.

Lee took the demotion in stride and was back with the Islanders within two weeks. Since then, the 6-foot-3, 227-pounds forward has garnered consideration for the Calder Trophy as the NHL's top rookie; he finished second among first-year players with 25 goals.

"It's been a really good year," Lee said. "I think I'd be ecstatic to look where I'm at right now. If I asked myself if I'd be in this spot at the end of the year, would I be happy? I think absolutely. I think I'd take that. It was a little bit hectic at first, but things settled down and have fallen into place."

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Hey guys, Leafs fan here just wanting to say that Anders Lee was one of my favourite players to watch this past season. Incredibly jealous that he's an Islander, among other players...

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
I really hope that he has bee working on his skating this offseason. He seemed really lost in the playoffs and could not catch-up with the play.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=777155&navid=DL|NYI|home

While most of the Islanders went home for the summer, forward Anders Lee decided to make Long Island his.

The Minnesota native opted to stay put this offseason, choosing the city and suburbs over the Land of 10,000 Lakes. Lee went golfing in the Hamptons, watched Fourth of July fireworks by the Brooklyn Bridge and took in Billy Joel’s final show at Nassau Coliseum. He even went to pizza school in Manhattan and learned how to make an authentic pie.

A weekend in Montauk is still on the to-do list, but after signing a four-year deal in June, he’s got a few more summers to get out to The End.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Let's talk about Lee's performance so far. He isn't lighting up the score sheet, but he is the most improved player on the team this year IMO. His skating is much better and he's shown great playmaking ability while also being more aggressive on the boards. It's nice to see him turn into a more dynamic player and hopefully we'll start seeing the results of that.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
If we have 1 player that really needs to play with JT it is Anders Lee.
JT is behind the goal so much because no body else will go get the puck.
The contrast between the 2 is the compliment to each other.
Lee can score more. But only with JT does he seem to get rewarded for his trench warfare.
Maybe the next coach will see this.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
If we have 1 player that really needs to play with JT it is Anders Lee.
JT is behind the goal so much because no body else will go get the puck.
The contrast between the 2 is the compliment to each other.
Lee can score more. But only with JT does he seem to get rewarded for his trench warfare.
Maybe the next coach will see this.

JT looked his best with Lee and Bailey as his wingers last year. Capuano continues to pair JT with suckPOSO despite showing little to no chemistry. #CapuanoLogic

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
JT looked his best with Lee and Bailey as his wingers last year. Capuano continues to pair JT with suckPOSO despite showing little to no chemistry. #CapuanoLogic

Agreed- KO has the occasional moment of greatness, but way too many gaffs in between- never before have I seen a top line player have so much difficulty with just getting the puck along the wall and getting it out of the zone. It baffles me, honestly. He needs to be less cute with the puck and chip it out (Lee often has trouble with the opposing D pinching too, but KO is suppose to have the better hands).

His reads in the offensive zone are puzzling too,and he struggles to get his shot off quickly enough. This is NOT a $7 million a year player, I'm sorry.

Move Lee and Bailey back up and have Nelson and KO flank Frans.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY

Once again, it is coaching. A good coach would sit KO down, tell him to do what he is good at, driving the net, north-south play etc, and show him what he is terrible at, toe-drags, heavy stick handling etc and mandate that he keep it simple or risk being sat. With the right coach he could be a dynamic player.

Nome of our players are being optimized because of th is coaching staff.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
I miss you Anders. Tied for 8th in scoring on team (behind Clutterbuck).

Sad to see the regression as he had 9 goals in 22 games during his first season 2013-14). Only 4 goals in 32 games thus far.

BroadwayJay*

I miss you Anders. Tied for 8th in scoring on team (behind Clutterbuck).

Sad to see the regression as he had 9 goals in 22 games during his first season 2013-14). Only 4 goals in 32 games thus far.

His shooting percentage is crazy low. He'll keep doing what he is doing and then go on a tear.

He should be together with 91 and 12 though. That'd activate him.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
His shooting percentage is crazy low. He'll keep doing what he is doing and then go on a tear.

He should be together with 91 and 12 though. That'd activate him.

hi shooting percentage is low because he's not getting passes from 91 or rebounds deflections from the down-low pressure that 91-12 create for him. He's not as effective with Frans.

Check out Matt Moulson's shooting percentage pre-post JT. Number of shots fell significantly as well as his shooting percentage. He didn't forget how to score, the context change was dramatic.

Frans can play with anyone and Brock Nelson seems better-suited to Frans than JT

Swapping JT-Frans would do wonders for this team's offense.

BroadwayJay*

hi shooting percentage is low because he's not getting passes from 91 or rebounds deflections from the down-low pressure that 91-12 create for him. He's not as effective with Frans.

Frans can play with anyone and Brock Nelson seems better-suited to Frans than JT

Swapping JT-Frans would do wonders for this team's offense.

His SH/60 are down, which may give credence to what you're saying but only by about 1 shot per 60.

His shooting percentage is 3% at even strength. That's unsustainably low for a guy getting dirty like he does.

Put him up with 12-91 and he'll go off.

warrior60

Dec 24, 2010
Hockey Town
Who did Lee play with the first 15-20 games? If I remember right the team finally started winning when he was moved off JT's line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad