Anders Lee

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I wanted to post this before the game and now is the time (one would guess) that we will see him sooner then later. Also was wondering about Halmo getting a look at some point this season as well. Discuss!

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
I wanted to post this before the game and now is the time (one would guess) that we will see him sooner then later. Also was wondering about Halmo getting a look at some point this season as well. Discuss!

Think it's hammer off it, Donovan down, lee up?

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I think Lee still needs some work on his skating. Love the kid though, especially around the net on the PP (a la Moulson). I'd look for him to possible make the team out of camp, or be first call up next year.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if he got called up now after the Olympic break.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
I see no reason why he shouldn't finish the season with the big club. After he reaches his team meeting quota he should be good to go.

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
Think it's hammer off it, Donovan down, lee up?

I wouldn't send Donovan down now because since the Rags outdoor game it really seems Donovan has turned a corner and is playing much better.

Now Regin is gone we can call Lee up for an audition to hopefully play with Nelson. Would be great if Lee turns out a good top 6 winger because Lee & Nelson would add great size to the team together.

Give Lee some games to see how he gets on. I could see the lines, depending on who is traded here for Vanek & AMac being something like:

Nelson - Tavares - Okposo
Grabner - Nielsen - Bailey
Lee - Strome - Clutterbuck
Martin - CC - McDonald

Last edited:

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I really do hope Lee gets a look. The kid has the type of game that I feel can really translate as long as he continues to develop his skating.

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
May as well give Lee a look after the Olympics. If we do go with a kid lineup I want Boulton and Carkner dressed. The games are meaningless and having them on the bench can help deter any bs.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
I wouldn't send Donovan down now because since the Rags outdoor game it really seems Donovan has turned a corner and is playing much better.

Now Regin is gone we can call Lee up for an audition to hopefully play with Nelson. Would be great if Lee turns out a good top 6 winger because Lee & Nelson would add great size to the team together.

Give Lee some games to see how he gets on. I could see the lines, depending on who is traded here for Vanek & AMac being something like:

Nelson - Tavares - Okposo
Grabner - Nielsen - Bailey
Lee - Strome - Clutterbuck
Martin - CC - McDonald
Once hammer comes off the IR, which looks like sat or prob right after the break, then that takes Regins spot. No room for lee unless someone goes down or dealt

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Has anyone seen Lee play that can comment on how he is without the puck?

It was only two games last year, but he looked pretty lost.

A kid fresh out of college playing in the NHL with almost no preparation can do that to someone. He essentially went from classroom to NHL in a very short period of time. He was lost defensively last year, but you really can't fault him for that.

I'm thinking we'll get a good look at him after the Olympic break so I guess we'll find out. Seems like a smart and hard working kid, I don't see him being a train wreck defensively. Have him train in the Dungeon II with the Minny crew and get him in contract with Dawn Braid.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Id package him off right now in a trade. He is a prospect I wouldnt really complain about if gone. Sorry, its time to start trading away some of the guys and bring in pros.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Id package him off right now in a trade. He is a prospect I wouldnt really complain about if gone. Sorry, its time to start trading away some of the guys and bring in pros.

I think Lee is a little over-hyped by Isles fans. His skating could be a major issue, I hope it improves. That said i wouldn't be upset if we traded him in a package for more proven player.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Since it seems we only have 12 forwards active now after the Regin trade and with Vanek likely gone before the trade deadline bringing that to 11, seems we will have to make some moves to get back to the normal 14(or at least 13)forwards... Strome is a no brainer but unless we get an NHL player back in a deal, wouldn't Lee be the likely candidate?

9 D someone (AMac) and likely a second someone (Martinek injury?) are going to have to go.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
lol. It is only one game and Bernier played like crap. It is far too early to get crazy, but if Lee can keep putting them in and making his presence felt, watch out. I am ok with a crap year if it means we see two guys come out swinging for the fence from our farm system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad