Anders Lee to have hearing today for hit on Gunnarsson

bobbyt911

thats not good he def deserves a few games for that no question!
Gunnar is usually pretty tough so that was a lights out head shot, exactly what they are looking for suspension wise

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
I believe Leaf fans call this a forearm shiver that isnt suspendable

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
This isn't even a check. He's trying to box the player out and brace himself on the boards. I don't understand why player safety would have a hearing on this and not on Robidas. Not that I thought Robidas' elbow was some horrible crime or anything, but it's worse than this.

nthill93

Aug 27, 2014
Glen Cove
looks like Gunnarsson drops his head right before the hit, the last view at 1:35 in the video above shows the best angle. Seems like it took player safety a while to schedule a hearing since prohockeytalk put out an article this morning saying no hearing was scheduled. Lee should've been more careful coming on for the check he might get a couple games but I'm doubting it at this point

stlblues23*

And somehow Lee didn't get a penalty for that hit haha.

Ralphy*

I believe Leaf fans call this a forearm shiver that isnt suspendable

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I present to you exhibit A: Salty Canucks fan.

As you can see, this specimen places the Leafs AND Senators at the scene of Vancouver's untimely death.

No further questions. I rest my case.

bobbyt911

I'm guessing it's in reference to the response to the Robidas hit from this weekend.

wow how did Robidas not get any games for that??? just watched it now lol I thought it was regarding an other hit.
ya know the Leafs would have actually been helped by a Robidas suspension so maybe they didn't suspend him for that reason? :dunno:
But the Lee hit should be a suspension and I would like to know why they didn't at least fine Robidas

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
He lead with the elbow, that's the issue. Probably a 1 game suspension for a first time offender. Anders isn't a dirty player as far as I can tell but not a smart play here.

bobbyt911

He lead with the elbow, that's the issue. Probably a 1 game suspension for a first time offender. Anders isn't a dirty player as far as I can tell but not a smart play here.

I agree, 1st timer, so prob a game or 2 at MAX but still shows inconsistency. Again gotta be that Robidas either had a get out of jail free card or due to the fact that the Leafs would actually be helped by a Robidas suspension

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
This isn't even a check. He's trying to box the player out and brace himself on the boards.

That's what I saw, but then again I thought it should have been 2 for interference since they're cracking down on using your arms to impede guys breaking in - especially along the boards. In some ways Gunnarsson is lucky Lee put the arm out to brace himself instead, because it could have been even worse if Lee just led with his shoulder (legally, I might add) at that speed. Or maybe Gunnarsson gets braced well and Lee just bounces off. You never know. I thought it was borderline elbow and borderline interference, but am a bit surprised (except for the possible pressure from not responding to other recent cases) that there will be a hearing for this.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Don't see a suspension coming on this one. First time offender and it looked accidental. Definitely should've been a penalty though.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
this won't be a suspension but I'll just add this - I love Anders Lee's game. He's a perfect LA Kings-type player who's very underrated, bulldog along the boards and should play with Tavares once Capuano figures it out.

Until this happens, he won't have his own thread on the main board, so I'll just leave this comment as a reminder.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I'd give him a game. No prior history and it didn't look malicious to me. Sucks that we have both Bouwmeester and Gunnar out, now Chris Butler is on our top pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad