Anders Lee to have hearing today for hit on Gunnarsson

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I'm a Blues fan that simply doesn't think this was anything other than unfortunate, so naturally, I couldn't care less about a possible suspension.

My issue is with Tim Peel and co. not calling an elbowing penalty. It was textbook elbowing and completely asinine to not call it, especially since a few plays later they're whistling Backes for a cross check (which it was). Don't get me started on the Stastny tripping minor.

One of a growing number of games routinely and embarrassingly officiated league wide.

Peel is on my Bad Ref list as well. I thought he called a very bizarre game against your club, but he has screwed the Isles in the past as well.

Some of these refs leave quite a bit to be desired. Some aren't awful and I tend not to notice them, but the bad ones... I bet most posters in here can remember a game Peel reffed that had them upset. Same is true for O'Halloran, St Laurent, Joannette... I remember the day Auger retired. I drank a beer in celebration.

Nolanitis

Feb 19, 2007
NYC
Shannon Hogan ‏@Shannon_Hogan 3m3 minutes ago
After further review from #NHL Player Safety Anders Lee will not receive any further discipline for hit on Gunnarsson. No suspension #Isles

unfortunate hit, but far from dirty

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Shannon Hogan ‏@Shannon_Hogan 3m3 minutes ago
After further review from #NHL Player Safety Anders Lee will not receive any further discipline for hit on Gunnarsson. No suspension #Isles

unfortunate hit, but far from dirty

"further discipline"? What discipline has he already received? There wasn't even a 2 minute penalty called. More accurate would be to say:

Player Safety Anders Lee will not receive any discipline for the hit on Gunnarsson.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
It's more than I expected. But for crying out loud the fines are a joke in this league. Fines that pitifully small will never make an impact.

The fine to me says that it was an accident more then intentional,but we are giving you warning if this becomes a common thing he will get a bigger suspension(they just want it on record he has been warned). I guess it would sort of be like a yellow card in soccer

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The fine to me says that it was an accident more then intentional,but we are giving you warning if this becomes a common thing he will get a bigger suspension(they just want it on record he has been warned). I guess it would sort of be like a yellow card in soccer
I don't have a problem with them issuing a fine here. I don't think the hit was intentional, and wasn't deserving of a suspension. All i was trying to say was that fines this small won't make a difference because they don't really affect the pocketbook.
A young guy that makes less than a Million will feel that alot more than a vet making several Million a year
He's got a salary this year of 850,000 dollars. That fine is 0.003% of what he's making this year. I don't think he's going to feel that at all. Even if he were only making 500,000 it's still a tiny fraction of what he's making.

For the record, this isn't a shot directed at Lee for the hit. It's directed at the league and PA for it's pitiful fine system.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
I don't have a problem with them issuing a fine here. I don't think the hit was intentional, and wasn't deserving of a suspension. All i was trying to say was that fines this small won't make a difference because they don't really affect the pocketbook.

He's got a salary this year of 850,000 dollars. That fine is 0.003% of what he's making this year. I don't think he's going to feel that at all. Even if he were only making 500,000 it's still a tiny fraction of what he's making.

For the record, this isn't a shot directed at Lee for the hit. It's directed at the league and PA for it's pitiful fine system.

I think the bigger part of the discipline is his having an offense at all on his record, which will have an impact in future hearings.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
A young guy that makes less than a Million will feel that alot more than a vet making several Million a year

That fine for him compared to his salary is equivalent to a $107.53 fine for someone making $40,000. NHL fines are nothing, regardless if you are league minimum or Sidney Crosby.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
That fine for him compared to his salary is equivalent to a $107.53 fine for someone making $40,000. NHL fines are nothing, regardless if you are league minimum or Sidney Crosby.
A $100 speeding ticket would suck ass... and probably make me think twice about doing it again for a little while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad