Anders Lee Gets Kronwalled

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That’s an awesome hit. Very aesthetically pleasing.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Its not a straight up dirty hit. However Lee's head level didnt quickly or drastically change during that sequence. Its not like he dropped his head at the last minute. Its boarderline for sure.

It’s not borderline.

That’s why they say keep your head up.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Its not a straight up dirty hit. However Lee's head level didnt quickly or drastically change during that sequence. Its not like he dropped his head at the last minute. Its boarderline for sure.
If someone is skating at that position, you're allowed to make that hit any day. It's not like Kronwall came from the side and picked head only. Doesn't matter if he hits Lee's head first, if the guy has his head up then Kronwall gets his chest.

Reactions: 57special

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Pleasantly surprised to see that most people so far understand the rules. Only expect it to spiral downward from here though .

100% clean. Keep your head up .

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
The force involved in that hit is just amazing to look at. There was a 30 second clip on twitter that showed multiple angles and I watched it about 5 or 6 times in awe.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
The possible brain injury.

That's a fair concern, but I don't think it's going to even come to that. I my unprofessional opinion, it looks like all of the damage was caused by Lee's visor cutting him.

I do hope he doesn't have a concussion or anything like that, though; having recently suffered a very minor one myself recently, it f***ing sucks.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Nah, it's not borderline, that's a solid, clean body check with an unfortunate outcome.

You can even see in the still frame posted above, Kronwall is lower that he normally would be, and still gets Lee's visor. I'd argue that part of it was unavoidable.

Then what is?

Clean body check but the head was 100000% the principal point of contact. It’s on Lee to keep his head up and not the dirtiest hit but you’re really downplaying that he ran through his head, then his body

2 minute penalty imo. Wasn’t intentional nor do I think he intended to hit the head

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Clean body check but the head was 100000% the principal point of contact. It’s on Lee to keep his head up and not the dirtiest hit but you’re really downplaying that he ran through his head, then his body

Keep your head up kid

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
That screen shot is literally taken right after Kronwalls shoulder moves Lees face out of the way.

Take a screen shot .5 seconds earlier
It doesn't matter what happened a half second earlier. Head contact is legal if it's unavoidable in an otherwise solid body check.

They should seriously sticky this at the top of this forum but here's Rule 48.1 Illegal Check to the Head. I've bolded the relevant portion.
Illegal Check to the Head
A hit resulting in contact with an opponent’s head where the head was the main point of contact and such contact to the head was avoidable is not permitted. In determining whether contact with an opponent's head was avoidable, the circumstances of the hit including the following shall be considered:
(i) Whether the player attempted to hit squarely through the opponent’s body and the head was not "picked" as a result of poor timing, poor angle of approach, or unnecessary extension of the body upward or out ward.
(ii) Whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position by assuming a posture that made head contact on an otherwise full body check unavoidable
(iii)Whether
the opponent materially changed the position of his body or head immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit in a way that significantly contributed to the head contact.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net

2 minute penalty imo. Wasn’t intentional nor do I think he intended to hit the head

Honestly though, a two-minute penalty for what? It wasn't interference, so illegal contact to the head?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BalButtercluck

Nov 22, 2017
Long Island
It was definitely not shoulder to shoulder. It was shoulder to face. That being said, Lee was in a very dangerous position with his head down and there was nothing Kronwall could have done. Awesome hit. And I'm an Islander fan. This could have gone either way honestly. I totally get that they didn't call it. But I wouldn't have been surprised if they decided to either.

Reactions: DeYarmond Edison

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
38E99241-0FBA-46DA-A759-D806870413CC.gif

Damn!!!! Now that’s a hit!!!

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well yes, I said it’s on Lee to keep his head up so I’m not really sure what the point is here

The point is I don’t know what you’re trying to argue here. It wasn’t dirty or against the rules but you want a 2 minute penalty? It’s on Lee to keep his head up but Kronwall shouldn’t have made the hit either?

It sucks it was your guy, but there’s absolutely nothing wrong with this play and the fact that Lee got his head hit means nothing. No penalty, no suspension.

1 Timer

Aug 23, 2009
Howell, NJ
To my fellow Islander Fans, It was a perfect hit IMO. The NHL is the one who has us all arguing. Yes his shoulder hit his face no question but I think the shoulder was hit first and followed through his to his head. It should be a reason to get their arsess in the game. Good no call. Larkin Should have got an instigator penalty for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad