Status
Not open for further replies.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Nice article on Bjork.
What a Great Attitude!

https://thehockeywriters.com/bruins-bjork-determination-nhl-return/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheHockeyWriters+(The+Hockey+Writers)

“Getting to those areas” has been something of an adjustment for Bjork, a left-handed shot who spent most of his time on the right-wing before moving to the left side for this season. The six-foot winger is now lined up on his strong side, an opportunity he says has allowed him to make quicker plays. He also identified cutting in toward the middle of the ice as a problem he wanted to address. As a left-handed shot on the right wing, there’s a heavy temptation to cut toward open space in the middle of the ice – a move that can net you a lot of goals in EA Sports’ NHL 20 but can get you into some trouble in real life.

“I think that got me into trouble a bit when I was up with Boston the last couple of years,” he said, per the Boston Herald. “I think I had a tendency to do that from college. I think I want to drive the puck down and to the net more and being on the my forehand on the left helps with that.”

“Everyone wants to play in the NHL,” said Bjork at Providence’s Dunkin’ Donuts Center last week. “But there are definitely things I can work on. I had good conversations with [Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy] and management as well. I appreciate their thoughts and the advice they gave me, what I need to work on. I agree with it. It’s good we’re on the same page there. Obviously, players can look at it as a negative, getting sent down and not playing exactly where you want to be. But personally I’m excited about this opportunity to work on things and maybe play a bit more and maybe develop my game to get it to where I want it to be.”

“He’s come down and been excellent,” said Providence Bruins coach Jay Leach, per the Boston Herald. “He’s on the ice after practice, he’s all in. He’s terrific. He played a bunch both nights. He’s owning the puck, he wants to make a difference, he wants to make plays. All I’ve seen is a desire to get back there, and he’s going to let his play speak for that.”
Nice contrast to the Donato situation last year.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Bjork is showing he belongs full time in the NHL, especially over Backes. Too bad he is not a RH Shot though, would be great fit on top 2 lines, I guess he could play LW on line 3 and have Heinen switch back to RW and Coyle in the middle.

Reactions: TCB, JCRO and DKH

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Bjork and Heinen need to play top 9

Heinen gets better every game

If Bjork continues to build from last night he will be a top 6
Heinen unfortunately has been going down (can't say I didn't see it) from his first season

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I think Heinen has been playing well, not sure what you are seeing with him that is so bad.

Let me understand .... well??
As in l well -production wise as his first yr ...the same production that was constantly blasted and replied to me virtually on everyone of my posts about him.....that well?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Heinen unfortunately has been going down (can't say I didn't see it) from his first season
I thought he took a break from going down last night and was very good

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Can't I say I agree but fair enough
In fairness out of respect to Glorydaze I watched him away from the puck (and no doubt camera) and he was text book how to play the position

I also watched his decision making both with time and pressured and it was very good

Reactions: JCRO

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Heinen was good, and so was Bjork. Anders came out with energy and played a strong game. I don't think we'll see the best out of him playing with Kuraly and Wagner, but this was all about impressing the coaches with work ethic and attention to detail- earning ice time. He's off to a good start and I think he never goes back to Providence.

False Start

May 8, 2018
Heinen was good, and so was Bjork. Anders came out with energy and played a strong game. I don't think we'll see the best out of him playing with Kuraly and Wagner, but this was all about impressing the coaches with work ethic and attention to detail- earning ice time. He's off to a good start and I think he never goes back to Providence.

I agree, Heinen definitely being held back by his linemates right now. Lindholm is solid in his zone but he's a little offensively challenged.

Bjork made a lot of good decisions in the D-zone and was good at winning the puck and cycling in the offensive zone. His skating is phenomenal.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Bjork and Heinen need to play top 9

Heinen gets better every game

No question they both should be playing regular minutes in the top nine.

Heinen is a player and does seem to be getting better. I remember you had once compared him to Donny Marcotte ,which at the time I didn't see, because of the physicality and tenacity Marcotte brought to every shift, but Heinen is such a smart well rounded and fundamentally sound player, all similarities to Marcotte.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chestus

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Predictable

Playing alongside incredible offensive juggernauts in Lindholm and Backes for too many shifts, puts up 3/4 shots, set up CM with golden passes 2 times that didn`t get converted, had a takeaway or two and he`s "going down".....yeah, sounds like a dud :huh:

Reactions: mikelvl and DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
No question they both should be playing regular minutes in the top nine.

Heinen is a player and does seem to be getting better. I remember you had once compared him to Donny Marcotte ,which at the time I didn't see, because of the physicality and tenacity Marcotte brought to every shift, but Heinen is such a smart well rounded and fundamentally sound player, all similarities to Marcotte.
Marcotte could lay out guys - he was a clean but effective body checker. He was brought up in that physical style as as a kid playing and learning hockey in the 50’s and 60’s.

these current guys are all about edge work, shooting camps - the Marcotte’s played 200 foot hockey learning to keep your head on a swivel

Reactions: Chestus and TCB

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Well said.

I've never had any concerns about Bjork's ability to fill a role on this team, and I expect him to stay up as well, provided he can stay healthy.

If he can stay healthy enough to string together a relatively full season, then I see a lot of upside in this kid's game.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think this is Bjorks true chance to be a contributor to this team. If he gets sent down again, I'm not sure if he's back up.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Watching Bjork last night showed me clearly why he was sent to Providence to start the season. Did everyone miss his lazy play on the Kappanen goal, watch the highlights, pretty clear he was watching instead of playing. He should develop into a good player but saying he is ready for the second line at this point and time is ludicrous.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Bjork was on "Emergency Recall", I believe under that he has to go right back to Providence.
Anders Bjork has been assigned to the minors for cap purposes.

Bjork didn't take part in Wednesday's practice as a result. Coach Bruce Cassidy could not guarantee that Bjork will be back in the lineup on Saturday, but he thinks the 23-year-old forward has earned a shot at another look. Bjork logged 13:17 of ice time on Tuesday night against Toronto and he posted four shots on goal.
SOURCE: Boston Bruins on Twitter
Oct 23, 2019, 12:22 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad