Player Discussion Anders Bjork

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Probably the end of the line for him having NHL potential. Two season ending surgeries in two consecutive years during his prime development years doesn't bode well for him being an NHL player unfortunately.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Probably the end of the line for him having NHL potential. Two season ending surgeries in two consecutive years during his prime development years doesn't bode well for him being an NHL player unfortunately.

not ready to throw the towel in yet but the kid`s in tough

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I don’t think the book is out on his career. I think a lot of games in Providence are in his future until or if he can get past this. It’s too bad. He was at the top of my prospects list.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don’t think the book is out on his career. I think a lot of games in Providence are in his future until or if he can get past this. It’s too bad. He was at the top of my prospects list.

unless he blows everyone away next camp, I`d start him in Providence until he shows he`s really rounded out his game, stays healthy etc....

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
The kid has talent but as some posters have mentioned his injuries may have killed his hopes. Certainly hope not.
If he comes back from his injuries imo he has the talent to be a top 6 , now whether he becomes one or not is an entirely different story

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
The kid has talent but as some posters have mentioned his injuries may have killed his hopes. Certainly hope not.
If he comes back from his injuries imo he has the talent to be a top 6 , now whether he becomes one or not is an entirely different story

If he is able to come back from the injuries he needs to learn to protect himself out there, he’s a small guy and will take a lot of hits. Maybe he’ll get some tips from Marchand on how to avoid and absorb hits using his edges and leverage on bigger guys.

Reactions: Dr Hook

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Demote Backes and recall Bjork tomorrow after the Anaheim game?

It’s pretty clear all we are missing is one more good 2nd/3rd line winger.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i don't think the b's are going to deviate from the plan here. bjork has been fantastic
by all accounts so far, but it's still 4 games. i'd characterize myself as a huge fan of
this kid, and no doubt to me he's a top 9 guy for many years. with that said, let him
get his 10-15 games (minimum) down there and keep building confidence. no rush here.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
It’s like the Bruins want to make it tougher on them not having all his skills helping the middle-6.

Still 4-1.

Imagine this lineup with Bjork and a top-6 W acquired at the deadline.

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Trade
Heinen-Coyle-Bjork
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Heinen/JDB/Bjork/Kuhlman is a nice 4 pack of wingers for the 2nd and 3rd lines. Mix and match them with the centers and maybe occasionally the top line wingers. I don't want to lose Kuhlman's speed. Probably too early to get a major upgrade over any of these guys via trade. See what our needs are at the deadline.

Ritchie plays vs scum teams like Philly and is 13th forward. I actually give Gaunce first extended shot especially on the 4th when one of those guys has to miss a few games due to injury (which will happen.) Didn't see much from Lindholm.

Backes mentors kids in Providence and doesn't ever see the ice for the big club again. Let him play tomorrow but thats it can't have him in the lineup vs a team like Tampa.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It’s like the Bruins want to make it tougher on them not having all his skills helping the middle-6.

Still 4-1.

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Trade
Heinen-Coyle-Bjork
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

I don't think Kuhlman leaves the top 12. He isn't really a top 6 forward. But, I'd rather have him in the lineup than a Wagner if a trade or another kid pushes him out.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Still 4-1.

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Trade
Heinen-Coyle-Bjork
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

i think bjork will be part of a trade for that 2nd line winger.
kuhlman is the perfect 3rd line winger for coyle and heinen.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Sounds like he’s doing what’s asked. We’re gonna see him back in Boston in short order I think.

Really good to hear.

not sure where it is but there was a brief clip of him being interviewed and loved his attitude. While I`m sure he`s not super thrilled starting the year in the AHL, sounds like he`s more than willing to do all it takes to get to the big club again by displaying a solid attitude and working hard

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I think he'd fit great on that third line. Then put Steen next to Krejci when he's ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad