Player Discussion Anders Bjork

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
So if Krejci can't go on Thursday will the Bruins call up Bjork and move Coyle up to the second line, Kuraly to the third and have Lindholm or Norstrom center the 4th or will they recall a Center?

Im wondering because it looks as if Bjork has been playing primarily LW down in Providence. Maybe play Bjork on the left wing with Kuraly and move Heinen over to the right-side or keep Heinen with Coyle and drop Kuhlman down to the third line.Or maybe they just slot Bjork in at RW. :dunno:

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
If Krejci is healthy these are the lines I'd like to see when Bjork gets called up
Jake Berg pastr
March dk Bjork
Heinen Coyle Kuhlman
And the rest
Now not sure if Cassidy would put Bjork on second line immediately.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
If Krejci is healthy these are the lines I'd like to see when Bjork gets called up
Jake Berg pastr
March dk Bjork
Heinen Coyle Kuhlman
And the rest
Now not sure if Cassidy would put Bjork on second line immediately.
Why would you break up the one line that’s consistently putting up points? Shouldn’t they try to add to those that are not producing?

Reactions: Jim and Bruhin

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Why would you break up the one line that’s consistently putting up points? Shouldn’t they try to add to those that are not producing?

These lines have produced and continue to produce . Krejci needs some scoring . If we are going to pair him up with Jake and Bjork that's not fair..if by some chance they stop producing which I strongly doubt .put them back together but DK deserves at least one bona fide scorer . He deserves it

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
These lines have produced and continue to produce . Krejci needs some scoring . If we are going to pair him up with Jake and Bjork that's not fair..if by some chance they stop producing which I strongly doubt .put them back together but DK deserves at least one bona fide scorer . He deserves it
Then give him Bjork, Don’t break up the 63-37-88 combo that has worked so well. All it takes is a little fortitude to send down a non-producing forward.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
they should call him up

2nd or 3rd line not producing a lick

It’s time those wingers aren’t doing much. Him in the mix instead of Backes will help.

No reason to pull the plug on anyone else this early I like Kuhlmans speed and Ritchies size.

If DK is out I want Kuraly promoted and Gaunce 4C.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
It’s time those wingers aren’t doing much. Him in the mix instead of Backes will help.

No reason to pull the plug on anyone else this early I like Kuhlmans speed and Ritchies size.

If DK is out I want Kuraly promoted and Gaunce 4C.

Kuhlman's ok.. Backes he needs to go he's a torture to watch.
Ritchie yes he has size and that's about it.
It's early we can still wait for Bjork i guess

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Nice article on Bjork.
What a Great Attitude!

https://thehockeywriters.com/bruins-bjork-determination-nhl-return/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheHockeyWriters+(The+Hockey+Writers)

“Getting to those areas” has been something of an adjustment for Bjork, a left-handed shot who spent most of his time on the right-wing before moving to the left side for this season. The six-foot winger is now lined up on his strong side, an opportunity he says has allowed him to make quicker plays. He also identified cutting in toward the middle of the ice as a problem he wanted to address. As a left-handed shot on the right wing, there’s a heavy temptation to cut toward open space in the middle of the ice – a move that can net you a lot of goals in EA Sports’ NHL 20 but can get you into some trouble in real life.

“I think that got me into trouble a bit when I was up with Boston the last couple of years,” he said, per the Boston Herald. “I think I had a tendency to do that from college. I think I want to drive the puck down and to the net more and being on the my forehand on the left helps with that.”

“Everyone wants to play in the NHL,” said Bjork at Providence’s Dunkin’ Donuts Center last week. “But there are definitely things I can work on. I had good conversations with [Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy] and management as well. I appreciate their thoughts and the advice they gave me, what I need to work on. I agree with it. It’s good we’re on the same page there. Obviously, players can look at it as a negative, getting sent down and not playing exactly where you want to be. But personally I’m excited about this opportunity to work on things and maybe play a bit more and maybe develop my game to get it to where I want it to be.”

“He’s come down and been excellent,” said Providence Bruins coach Jay Leach, per the Boston Herald. “He’s on the ice after practice, he’s all in. He’s terrific. He played a bunch both nights. He’s owning the puck, he wants to make a difference, he wants to make plays. All I’ve seen is a desire to get back there, and he’s going to let his play speak for that.”

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Nice article on Bjork.
What a Great Attitude!

https://thehockeywriters.com/bruins-bjork-determination-nhl-return/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheHockeyWriters+(The+Hockey+Writers)

“Getting to those areas” has been something of an adjustment for Bjork, a left-handed shot who spent most of his time on the right-wing before moving to the left side for this season. The six-foot winger is now lined up on his strong side, an opportunity he says has allowed him to make quicker plays. He also identified cutting in toward the middle of the ice as a problem he wanted to address. As a left-handed shot on the right wing, there’s a heavy temptation to cut toward open space in the middle of the ice – a move that can net you a lot of goals in EA Sports’ NHL 20 but can get you into some trouble in real life.

“I think that got me into trouble a bit when I was up with Boston the last couple of years,” he said, per the Boston Herald. “I think I had a tendency to do that from college. I think I want to drive the puck down and to the net more and being on the my forehand on the left helps with that.”

“Everyone wants to play in the NHL,” said Bjork at Providence’s Dunkin’ Donuts Center last week. “But there are definitely things I can work on. I had good conversations with [Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy] and management as well. I appreciate their thoughts and the advice they gave me, what I need to work on. I agree with it. It’s good we’re on the same page there. Obviously, players can look at it as a negative, getting sent down and not playing exactly where you want to be. But personally I’m excited about this opportunity to work on things and maybe play a bit more and maybe develop my game to get it to where I want it to be.”

“He’s come down and been excellent,” said Providence Bruins coach Jay Leach, per the Boston Herald. “He’s on the ice after practice, he’s all in. He’s terrific. He played a bunch both nights. He’s owning the puck, he wants to make a difference, he wants to make plays. All I’ve seen is a desire to get back there, and he’s going to let his play speak for that.”

Great to read, has taken his time in Providence not to sulk but to put his head down and bust his arse at getting stronger in the areas the B`s have asked him to

Reactions: TCB

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He was/is already good enough for Boston.

I think offensively there was little I had issues with but I also felt he needed some seasoning in other areas. I never felt his work ethic or willingness to learn was any concern, kid always looks like he`s hustling but it`s more about positioning and identifying where he needs to be without the puck and being there before or when the puck does.

He`ll never be a bruiser but in the 2 games I caught him play in preseason, he looked very assertive, actually seemed to be skating with his head up too which is a bonus. My guess is we`ll see him long before the American Thanksgiving especially if this team continues to get production only from one line

Reactions: veganbruin

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I think offensively there was little I had issues with but I also felt he needed some seasoning in other areas. I never felt his work ethic or willingness to learn was any concern, kid always looks like he`s hustling but it`s more about positioning and identifying where he needs to be without the puck and being there before or when the puck does.

He`ll never be a bruiser but in the 2 games I caught him play in preseason, he looked very assertive, actually seemed to be skating with his head up too which is a bonus. My guess is we`ll see him long before the American Thanksgiving especially if this team continues to get production only from one line

Im sure he'll be up by then with someone, but its interesting, as he's playing Left-Wing right now, and somethings gotta give. The Bruins need a RW with skill, who can put the puck in the net. Maybe Sweeney is working the phone lines and we'll see one of DeBrusk Bjork or Heinen moved in a deal, because of right now I feel the Bruins have 4 LW who can play and play well in a top six role,but not so much on the right-side.

Sure they can play Bjork on the RW, but why have him play the left side down in providence and Heinen could always switch over once Bjork is called up. I feel that's the more likely scenario, but I really like the chemistry between Heinen and Coyle and with Kuhlman on the Rw it would make one really good third line.

BruinsNetwork

Im sure he'll be up by then with someone, but its interesting, as he's playing Left-Wing right now, and somethings gotta give. The Bruins need a RW with skill, who can put the puck in the net. Maybe Sweeney is working the phone lines and we'll see one of DeBrusk Bjork or Heinen moved in a deal, because of right now I feel the Bruins have 4 LW who can play and play well in a top six role,but not so much on the right-side.

Sure they can play Bjork on the RW, but why have him play the left side down in providence and Heinen could always switch over once Bjork is called up. I feel that's the more likely scenario, but I really like the chemistry between Heinen and Coyle and with Kuhlman on the Rw it would make one really good third line.

Could be to teach him how to be more versatile and experience his strengths vs weakness relative to each side of the ice. It'll help him in the long run when he can pick and choose his moves and routes in the attacking zone better. The whole "cutting the the middle" things he's talking about has gotten him into trouble before, so letting him experience the differences with that on both sides should help.

Bjork looks far more comfortable cutting to the middle and between the circles, specifically. He's had multiple moments, including last night, where he just explodes to the inside, gets the puck and rips a shot from in-tight with defenders all around him. He's crafty and skilled enough to be elusive in those areas, so I think playing both wings has helped him in that regard. Just knowing when and where to make moves is very important. Just my .02 on the subject, anyhow.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
glad to hear bjork getting a shot tonight. look forward to seeing him play - he's made good
strides since his last NHL action

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
It's his first game since his come back. And I was impressed. Carry on kid!!! You will be getting lots of love...

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
He looked good tonight. Attacking the puck, winning some battles, creating chances for his line mates and even activating the D. Had some solid defensive plays at the end of the game as well.

A few hiccups as well but all and all solid.

Id like to see more of him and Heinen together.

Reactions: Estlin

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
When Bjork first came up with the Bs the post became a puck magnet when he shot. Poor guy had the same thing going on tonight. Happy to see him back up. I thought he looked very good, and agree that he should be with Heinen for chemistry reasons. Keeping my fingers crossed he stays healthy. So much talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->