Player Discussion Anders Bjork

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM Bruin

The Early Worm
Feb 20, 2015
Out on a limb.
Whomever the Bruin was that saw it and let it go should be cut or traded. Soft organization
It looks like #29 Gemel Smith was right there rushing up the ice alongside Bjork when Walker mugged him. Walker looks like he's anticipating Smith to engage with him but Smith just keeps skating...

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Whomever the Bruin was that saw it and let it go should be cut or traded. Soft organization
one of em was Frederic apparently who actually has a reputation for sticking up for his teammates. not sure what was going through his head here. maybe he was just focused on the puck and didn't notice?

Reactions: TCB

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
one of em was Frederic apparently who actually has a reputation for sticking up for his teammates. not sure what was going through his head here. maybe he was just focused on the puck and didn't notice?

He has stuck up for teammates in the recent past (this year), so he either didn’t see it, or didn’t think he should fight a guy when he is just coming back from his own concussion after he was run from behind by Steve Bernier.

I would have loved to have seen Smith jump Walker, but this is a deeper problem. The NHL/AHL need to look at these situations where career tweeners and AHL plugs are allowed to hit young, promising players with no league punishments. They shouldn’t be allowed to hit anyone like that, but it seems to me that the young, inexperienced guys get targeted at times. Have seen it with Frederic and now Bjork in PRO and I’m sure it happens all over the AHL.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BruinsNetwork

The hit might not have looked that bad from Frederic’s angle, in his defense. The issue I have with it can be seen from the front and side, but Frederic was trailing behind so he may just not have seen it. He’s always first to defend his teammates.

I think Walker made the right play, to take the carrier in that situation, but that was a dirty and dangerous way to do it. Angle him off into the boards, rather than assert yourself, spin around and throw him to the ground like it’s Monday Night Raw. Walker isn’t a dirty player, either. Just a boneheaded play that could have seriously hurt Bjork.

Reactions: JCRO

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
The hit might not have looked that bad from Frederic’s angle, in his defense. The issue I have with it can be seen from the front and side, but Frederic was trailing behind so he may just not have seen it. He’s always first to defend his teammates.

I think Walker made the right play, to take the carrier in that situation, but that was a dirty and dangerous way to do it. Angle him off into the boards, rather than assert yourself, spin around and throw him to the ground like it’s Monday Night Raw. Walker isn’t a dirty player, either. Just a boneheaded play that could have seriously hurt Bjork.
looked like he threw a forearm to me.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I think that was shoulder/chest on the hit. Reminded me of an Aaron Ward forearm shiver he use to throw. I don't think that hit was dirty.

BruinsNetwork

I think that was shoulder/chest on the hit. Reminded me of an Aaron Ward forearm shiver he use to throw. I don't think that hit was dirty.

Maybe you’re right, maybe it was shoulder or chest and not a hit to the head. I might be wrong about that. If someone can review further or bring more angles to light, I’ll gladly admit I was wrong.

However, I still find this play to be extremely dirty— shoulder, chest or head regardless. You cant use your free-hand to grab a player, interfer with him and eventually toss him to the ground like this. That wasn’t a hockey play.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Maybe you’re right, maybe it was shoulder or chest and not a hit to the head. I might be wrong about that. If someone can review further or bring more angles to light, I’ll gladly admit I was wrong.

However, I still find this play to be extremely dirty— shoulder, chest or head regardless. You cant use your free-hand to grab a player, interfer with him and eventually toss him to the ground like this. That wasn’t a hockey play.

I'll have to disagree. While it's eye-catching and maybe even cheap because it's unexpected, I don't think it's overly dirty. Aaron Ward was notorious for this and I know I've seen other players use this as well without penalty or retribution.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'll have to disagree. While it's eye-catching and maybe even cheap because it's unexpected, I don't think it's overly dirty. Aaron Ward was notorious for this and I know I've seen other players use this as well without penalty or retribution.
Subban uses the same move quite a bit.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Walker palmed him in the head with the hockey gloves is what it looked like to me.Surprised that put him out.But hey ,it is a good way to put the him not at Notre Dame talk to bed .

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Garbage. At any level of play IMO.

Bag skate the **** out of those teammates that watched the play and did nothing.

Pathetic and SOFT.

Not sure I see a bad hit TBH, just see a guy pushing another to the ice by the shoulder? Maybe I`m missing something. Before I clicked on it, was anticipating Bjork with his back to the play getting plastered from behind....umm...nope

If this were a Bruin doing that to an opponent not one fan here would look twice at is as being "dirty" or "disgusting"

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Which two guys are you going to put on waivers to call them both up? Realizing of course, you're probably going to lose them both.
JFK and Donato don't require waivers. Acciari likely doesn't get claimed, Cave probably doesn't either, but you never know. not saying I'd waive them but this isn't some impossible situation.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad