Post-Game Talk: And4son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
He was absolute dogshit

Not only was he still way off positionally, I counted at least 10 times where he had no idea where the puck was

He was lucky as f*** he only gave up 4 goals because he had his eyes closed on half his saves

I read your post in this guy's voice

iu

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
yea that's true. pretty difficult 2-on-1 situation to deal with.

I think they would have sauced him over him if Rielly did what Brodie typically does (just lay down on the ice).

I think the main thing that Rielly just needs to do is take the man so that if he does lay down or block the lane like he is trying to do, he is more likely to get the puck. You are actually taught as a defenseman to stay on your feet (not do what Brodie is doing), but what makes Brodie effective on those 2-on-1's is that when he does go down, he is close enough to the guy with the puck that it is hard to get it over him.

There was no way for Rielly to get close enough to Tkachuk even if he wanted to do what Brodie did. He could have taken the pass but then Tkachuk would have just driven the net so he pretty much just did what he could and he was pretty close to breaking it up.

Rielly is too much in the middle and it is harder to stop the 2-on-1 from that spot when they pass. The conundrum comes with the balance between being aggressive and passive. Being aggressive like Brodie works at times, but if you don't get the timing perfect, then it is a lot worse than what happens with being more passive like Rielly. If you are passive like Rielly and can't get in the way of the pass, then they can get a good chance.

BudForLife

Jul 18, 2009
Toronto
Ya salary is an issue for sure.

Lets see how these guys do in the playoffs.

Another first round exit and I say make room for him.

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006
Andersen was fine lol. about as you’d expect a guy coming off such a long layoff.

So much disrespect for a dude who carried the franchise for a number of years.

can’t we just cheer for both guys to be successful

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
He’s been “gong” more than a little already:)

A good start would have to be outstanding for me to trust he’s coming around. He’s been so bad so long that he’s done for me. I would back Campbell up with Hutch. He’s a different goalie this year. He’s doesn’t have fragile confidence this year. He was really solid actually.

Hutchinson has SWAG this year. You can see how much more calm and confident he is. He shut out the Oilers the 2nd highest scoring team in our division after Campbell did.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
On the positive note: No one was injured
On the negative note: Matthews, Marner, and Nylander looked disinterested
Andersen still couldn't find pucks after shots
Rielly is probably our worst defenceman

Reactions: The Cobra

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Andersen was fine lol. about as you’d expect a guy coming off such a long layoff.

"Carried our franchise" lmao.

You'd swear we'd be some lottery team without Andersen with the way some of these folks talk.

Incredible the way the media in this market brainwashes fans.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
It was just a dumb mistake (one that I wish he'd stop making but a mistake nonetheless). But in what crazy universe do you see that as an amazing game for Marner? I thought it was one of his worst in a while and I love the guy.

He was making plays all over the ice tonight and had a very good game except for the dumb mistake. Doubt anyone is more ticked off at it then him. Oh well, we're all going to see things differently sometimes. :cool:

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Meh. Totally meaningless game. I had it on but only looked up when it sounded like something was happening. The Marner OT screw up can't happen. Ever. Possession of course everything in OT. We had cleanly. For about one second. Looking forward to the playoffs instead of these meaningless competitions.
lol, so high scoring high event creative forwards arent allowed to make mistakes EVER? i think you ask is a little high personally lol

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006
"Carried our franchise" lmao.

You'd swear we'd be some lottery team without Andersen with the way some of these folks talk.

Incredible the way the media in this market brainwashes fans.

We got two years of Vezina-contending goaltending from Freddy at a key time in the growth of the franchise.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

It's disrespect to the rest of the team to say that Andersen carried them for years, and it's a part of the reason so many people are hard on Andersen now. It was pretty annoying to see the media throw the entire team under the bus to pump him up

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
You could tell his confidence was almost nil. Constantly searching for the puck even when he had it, and seemed to have a tough time tracking it well. Not surprised considering nothing replicates NHL speed other than actual NHL play. He was moving well, and there were not many if any rebounds.

Andersen has been average to bad for years now and you're kidding yourself if you believe otherwise. I had high hopes for him, but even during his first season as a Leaf I wasn't impressed by him. The way he played tonight is typical of many of his games long before injuries. He's ALWAYS been overrated, but many fans would still give him a pass on his play no matter what even with all his stinkers in the playoffs.

Lets just acknowledge that compared to the goalies that he replaced a few years ago he was an upgrade, but to say he was great for any long period of time is simply a falsehood and his playoff play is a large part of why the Leafs haven't been able to get out of the first round in recent years.

Reactions: mrbagina

Tlo1

Nov 6, 2017
Hard to argue with a maturity level like this.

Give what a rest? Voicing my opinion? I sometimes forget that some posters still live with their parents.
Just so you know the people you called A holes with no class were just voicing they’re opinions too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad