Post-Game Talk: And4son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Was anderson really that bad tho? Some of the goals would be tough stops for any goalie and the breakaway brown goal wasnt his fault.

Really? The goaltender is doing pirouettes beside the net while the puck sits in the crease and he gets no blame does he?

Other goaltenders can stay square and in the goalmouth, why can't this guy?

I don't know if its hyperbole, sarcasm or pure idiocy when people say Anderson should be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart lol.

Because we have 2 years of performance that says he blows and Hutchinson's record this season ***** all over his?

Want to know what I think pure idiocy is? Watching this **** for 2 seasons and thinking he's better than the rest of the also rand's we have lying around the organization

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Leafs are .500 against that 'nothing team'...and judging by the way they played tonight they'll be lucky to break even against them next year. North Division is a real weak sister this year. Or maybe I'm just getting prepared for yet another totally impossible first round flameout...

We are 5-2-2 against Ottawa this year... That is .667 points percentage. Ottawa has a .500 points percentage against us (>1 because of OT), and were the only team to get that from us this year.

We only lost with Andersen (and technically Hutch for one game) in net. Campbell had his worst game of the season against them but we still won that game for him.

3-0-0 with Campbell, 1-1-0 with Hutch (Andersen was marked with that loss though so technically he is 1-0-0), 1-1-2 with Andersen (technically 1-2-2).

Ottawa should be good in the future, but they are still a long ways away from competing with us. If not for having an .878 save percentage against them at all strengths (the next lowest was a .902 against Vancouver), they likely would not have won a single game against us. In general, the Leafs did not have much trouble with any team in this division except for, of course, McDavid and Draisaitl... And we handled them better than anyone else.

As for the North being weak, that is nothing more than media folly. West is significantly weaker and it is not even a debate, and there is a legit chance that all of the teams in our division would beat out at least 2 teams in every other division in a head-to-head series. We will see if we get to the final 4 I guess.

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
Andfourson? It just doesn't have a ring to it. Why not just replace the "A," which looks like a 4 anyways, with a 4.

4nderson > And4son.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Marner in overtime is an absolute liability. Not to mention Rielly is the backup plan after Marner makes these awful turnovers.

You cant blame Fred too much for that goal. He sees his Dman laying down the pass shouldn't be an option. You can tell from the back angle he was playing the shot as he should have.
Yeah keep Andersen and trade Marner.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
I don't know if its hyperbole, sarcasm or pure idiocy when people say Anderson should be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart lol.
His stats are way worse than Rittich’s or Hutchisons’. The only thing he has over them is more games played and a pedigree as a once good goalie

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Whatever. Boys didn’t care and it was obvious. I’ve about had it with the Matthews-Marner-Rielly trio in OT. They aren’t responsible enough defensively and are too prone to brain farts. Has that trio actually scored an OT goal together? Rielly has one but that was with Tavares. Holl has scored with Matthews and Marner. Maybe I just can’t recall, gonna look this up.

EDIT: Satisfied my curiosity and for anyone else who cares, the trio has scored ONE overtime GWG. It was against Winnipeg when the useless refs didn’t call the slash that broke Reilly’s stick and Matthews ended it with a sick backhand.

They’ve definitely been on together for more goals against at three on three, the trio should be broken up next year.
Break up Tavares and Nylander too. Maybe you should look at those.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
-Andersen let in his usual 4. Even though I didn't think he was awful by any means...I just continuously find that the team looks/plays different infront of him (.857 sv%)
- Galchenyuk didn't answer the challenge, he's going to lose his spot to Nash with nights like that
- Was nice having Foligno back. Thought he looked better with Matthews & Marner though
- Rielly was flat out bad all game long
- Matthews and Marner had maybe they're most invisible game as a line in a long time

Turn the page on this one

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
The result was not a big surprise. You can almost guarantee a 4 spot when Freddy is in. It seems to be his number.
Hopefully we never see him in net for the Leafs again because if we do it means we are in big trouble

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Just realized I'm wrong for a second time. I always thought the first tie breaker was ROW's. It's actually regulation wins, then ROW's. And we *can* pass Florida with a win tomorrow and it' doesn't need to be in regulation either since we're already up by 3 RW's. So again, these games are not meaningless. It's entirely plausible the Leafs would have to face one of the two teams we're still jockeying with (Pittsburgh and Florida). And they'll have fans.

Just win tomorrow and we get 4th overall. Lose without getting at least one point and it's 6th overall.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

Dunno, Andersen: 2.96 GAA and .895%. Hutch: 2.42 GSS and 0.919%.

You could say Andersen carried a heavier load and it's not a fair comparison but we're talking about the backup role. I mean, the right call is probably Andersen but I don't think it's as cut and dry as your post implies.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Was anderson really that bad tho? Some of the goals would be tough stops for any goalie and the breakaway brown goal wasnt his fault.

Only the 1st one was unstoppable. Need to make a tough stop once in a while. And both the 2nd and 3rd goals had him all over the crease and out of position which is clearly his biggest problem. OT goal was him doing his belly flop. Maybe not his fault but just being square to the shooter would have been preferable.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Dunno, Andersen: 2.96 GAA and .895%. Hutch: 2.42 GSS and 0.919%.

You could say Andersen carried a heavier load and it's not a fair comparison but we're talking about the backup role. I mean, the right call is probably Andersen but I don't think it's as cut and dry as your post implies.
Especially if we believe the general rhetoric on how the backup goalie is a different type of animal. Rarely plays has to come in when his last game may have been 3 weeks ago or more. The backup has to play well while being cold. Where, a starter gets steady work and seldom goes 2 games without a start.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Made most of the stops he should have, the winning goal would have been a good one to stop. It wasn’t impossible. He lost his net a lot and eye on the puck a few times on goals. Rebound control sucked. Spinning around and putting the puck back towards the crease on that one goal. If you don’t know where it is in the crease, do the snow angel and let your D men shove it under you. No I don’t think he had a good game.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Being a fan all the years prior, it is tough to watch Freddy lose his form. He was such a solid goalie for his first few years as a Leaf. It looks like he is done though. Playing the way he has he will be out of the league in a year or two.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
And 3 on 3 will be a real difference maker come playoff time, let’s analyze further.

Myself I’m studying Mtl goalie tendencies in the shootout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad