Apr 30, 2007
My wife insists Lalonde looks like this character:

1711391254794.jpeg

Once I saw this split shot, I was torn. LOL

1711391283943.jpeg

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
Sorry, both of those answers are incorrect. The correct answer is... the brother of Gomez Addams, Uncle Fester.

UncleFester.jpg

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
View attachment 844290

Yeah, every first few months of a new apt/duplex from ages 21-26 before moving back in with my parents again for a few years. What about it, lady? :P
1) The proper game for the GameCube is Mario Kart: Double Dash, not Pokemon Coliseum.

2) Showing a current pizza box - without any previous pizza boxes - is an affront to college dorm rooms and bachelor pads everywhere.

3) At the risk of becoming Old Man Yelling at Cloud, somebody should let the poor guy know that ponying up for Fairlife chocolate milk and its reduced lactose deliciousness is negated by chasing it with the White Castle of the pizza industry (Little Caesars).

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
1) The proper game for the GameCube is Mario Kart: Double Dash, not Pokemon Coliseum.

2) Showing a current pizza box - without any previous pizza boxes - is an affront to college dorm rooms and bachelor pads everywhere.

3) At the risk of becoming Old Man Yelling at Cloud, somebody should let the poor guy know that ponying up for Fairlife chocolate milk and its reduced lactose deliciousness is negated by chasing it with the White Castle of the pizza industry (Little Caesars).
MK:DD is acceptable.
Smash Bros. Melee is superior.

And Animal Crossing + Burnout 2 for when you have the others who won't play those. You are missing out like crazy if you never played Burnout 2's crash mode.

I'm not speaking from my history, no siree.

Big Benito, monster pizza. 99 stock Smash Bros battle.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

How do you not include OSU fans? And Boston Massholes should just be their own category.

@jaster - Blue Pee inclusion is WELL-earned, haha.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
@Euros, ich habe Eine kurze Frage...

If I got Sky X for 20 bucks a month or whatever, does that automatically include whatever NHL games are available? Or is that like an extra sports package add on?

Is it good for playoff coverage? I don't want to buy it and then only get access to like 1 game in 10 or something stupid. And do you have to watch live or can I go to bed at a normal time and watch the next day?

AussieWings

Oct 12, 2018
Melbourne
So, I have plans to go to a pizza place in Melbourne (Australia) that does Chicago-style deep dish pizzas, because deep dish pizzas aren't a thing we really have here, and I've never had the opportunity to try one.

The same place also offers Detroit-style pizza, and I'm wondering if that is actually a thing. Does Detroit have it's own particular pizza variant, or is it just a gimmick?

Example "Detroit-style" pizza:

1712551074209.png

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
So, I have plans to go to a pizza place in Melbourne (Australia) that does Chicago-style deep dish pizzas, because deep dish pizzas aren't a thing we really have here, and I've never had the opportunity to try one.

The same place also offers Detroit-style pizza, and I'm wondering if that is actually a thing. Does Detroit have it's own particular pizza variant, or is it just a gimmick?

View attachment 848022
Yes, Detroit-style is absolutely distinct from Chicago. Not only in proportion (Detroit being 1-2cm thick, depending on the place, while Chicago is more like 3cm thick), but construction and baking process as well.

With Chicago, you almost come away with a pizza casserole. With Detroit, it's neither thin enough to fold like in New York, nor thick enough to serve like a slice of pie. But it tends to have a relatively high cheese content and a good mix of chew and crunch.

I like all pizza styles, but I'd recommend trying both Chicago and Detroit if you can find places that do each one justice.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Yes, Detroit-style is absolutely distinct from Chicago. Not only in proportion (Detroit being 1-2cm thick, depending on the place, while Chicago is more like 3cm thick), but construction and baking process as well.

With Chicago, you almost come away with a pizza casserole. With Detroit, it's neither thin enough to fold like in New York, nor thick enough to serve like a slice of pie. But it tends to have a relatively high cheese content and a good mix of chew and crunch.

I like all pizza styles, but I'd recommend trying both Chicago and Detroit if you can find places that do each one justice.

If you can't reasonably pick it up and eat it by hand it's not pizza, imo. "Pizza casserole" is spot on, and not a pizza to me.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007

View attachment 848022
Oh yes, and Detroit-style is superior to Chicago deep dish (facts are important in these discussions). Chicagoans largely don't even eat deep dish here in the city. Tavern-style (thin crust) is what the natives generally gravitate towards. Deep dish (or worse, "stuffed") is mainly for the tourists lol. That said, my in-laws, from a suburb of Chicago, love deep dish, so I find myself eating Lou Malnatti's (a popular Chicago chain) from time to time. It's about the most mediocre pizza I've had in my life.

I whip up Detroit-style at home once in a while. It's a more focused pizza than the casserole-style in Chicago. Gotta have a square steel pan. Gotta have brick cheese. Gotta bake at high temp and caramelize that cheese on the edges (as seen in your photo). Pepperoni is the only topping (doesn't have to be of course, but that's the tradition that I adhere to lol). Like @jkutswings said, it should have a nice combo of crunch and chew (Chicago-style has no crunch... like a casserole :laugh:). Made correctly, it has a great flavor profile, largely having to do with that caramelized cheese.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

View attachment 848022
If you want Chicago Deep Dish pizza (which apparently is often times used as a joke on tourists by native Chicago/Illinois people just to see them struggle with it), you might as well find a place that makes quality lasagna. I'm kind of joking but not really.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
If you want Detroit Style, a good option is Jets Pizza. Their 8 Corner square pizza is fantastic. They brought back the BLT Pizza (if you haven't tried it, I highly suggest you do before you try and mock it, it's a phenomenal pizza) I tried Chicago deep dish when i was in Chicago for St. Patty's Weekend last year, not impressed, but it did fill me up, which is good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad