Speculation: And yet again...the Off-Topic Thread

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I use ADIEU for my starting word. Knocks out 4 vowels right off the bat. If I get zero hits there, I use STORY next, to hit the O and Y with the 3 most common consonants.

Love me some D2. Eventually I'll get the reboot with the improved graphics, but back in the day my friends and I played the daylights out of it.

To explain things for our younger posters, back before online gaming around the world was commonplace, nerds had LAN parties, creating Local Access Networks with Ethernet cable and playing PC games with friends.

And when playing on a local network instead of BattleNet, you had your own save file. That you could copy. So when playing with a friend, you could use different versions of your save file to duplicate as many items as you wanted. Meaning that in D2, you could duplicate runes and then transmute then in the Horadric cube to create whatever incredible rune words that you felt like.

I had a level 90-something zeal / fanaticism paladin that hit like a truck, with 12 attacks per click, and the best armor pieces around. He killed anything that moved, quick fast and in a hurry. Good times.

I think I’m at LV 46 with a Bow Amazon (freezing arrow is pretty nice) and 26 with a barbarian with two massive swords.

let me know when you get the HD one, jkuts. We should have a Wings board game or two.

Reactions: jkutswings

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Anybody here use apps like "Hopper" to track flight prices and estimate when they should buy? Are these estimations accurate?

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
How many of you are already passed out from eating too many paczkis?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Zero paczkis. The only place that makes vegan ones is sold out.

68165784.jpg

I kid, I kid.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
I know I brought it up but I actually don't think paczkis are all that great... (Hides)

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
68165784.jpg

I kid, I kid.

:laugh:

Funniest lighthearted trolling post of the day award goes to you.

I actually wondered about how long I could go vegan. I would say a week. Seems really hard to know. I could probably go a month or several months vegetarian.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

I actually wondered about how long I could go vegan. I would say a week. Seems really hard to know. I could probably go a month or several months vegetarian.

It isn't hard. A little over 4 years here.

I know I brought it up but I actually don't think paczkis are all that great... (Hides)

You aren't wrong.

Reactions: FabricDetails

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

I'm not a fan. But I'm pretty indifferent to sweets.

I did several years as a vegetarian. That's not a terribly difficult commitment. Still having most dairy on the table makes adjustments rather simple.

Going to vegan, despite what vegans tell you about how effortless they do it, is a bit of a commitment. Like you can't just go out and enjoy your foods and drinks without doing some investigation... Lest you end up with random honey in your beer or random butter in basically anything.

I know that seems like a low bar, and my vegan best friend reminds me of that, but there's a certain mental freedom about not having to analyze ever food and drink decision when you're away from home.

All of that said, I'd likely be healthier and ultimately happier if I ate a vegan diet so... Jokes on me, I suppose.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
have my first golf lesson on Saturday. My irons haven't come in yet so I will only be with my driver and hybrids lol

Just don't do what some guys do and try to re-enact Happy Gilmore. Not on your lesson time at least.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I'm not a fan. But I'm pretty indifferent to sweets.

I did several years as a vegetarian. That's not a terribly difficult commitment. Still having most dairy on the table makes adjustments rather simple.

Going to vegan, despite what vegans tell you about how effortless they do it, is a bit of a commitment. Like you can't just go out and enjoy your foods and drinks without doing some investigation... Lest you end up with random honey in your beer or random butter in basically anything.

I know that seems like a low bar, and my vegan best friend reminds me of that, but there's a certain mental freedom about not having to analyze ever food and drink decision when you're away from home.

All of that said, I'd likely be healthier and ultimately happier if I ate a vegan diet so... Jokes on me, I suppose.

It can be a challenge eating out at restaurants for sure. Bonus! It makes you cook more at home. :naughty: You are right it is a commitment. Drinks are easy! Vegan beer directory A-F is the bomb. A lot of places are getting better about labeling their foods We rarely eat out so it works out well for us. And I am always analyzing the food since I am a T1D. Goes with the territory.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I think I’m at LV 46 with a Bow Amazon (freezing arrow is pretty nice) and 26 with a barbarian with two massive swords.

let me know when you get the HD one, jkuts. We should have a Wings board game or two.

About a year ago we had a discussion about a Red Wings themed D&D game. We should still look at doing that sometime on Roll20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad