GDT: And .... we're back: Montreal vs Ottawa Take 2: Saturday, Feb. 6, 1pm | RDS, TSN2, TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm expecting a loss because they have not convinced me against teams that do no play an all offence game.

As bad as the Sens are, if they play another intense conservative game, Habs will struggle to score. Habs mostly scored on rushes this season. Reduce the number of rushes by playing the trap and you may completely neutralize their offence.

I want to be convinced though.
This game will tell us what kind of team we have.
The Habs absolutely dominated the Sens last game.

Except for 2 mins at the end of the 1st period...the ice was heavily tilted in Habs favor.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I'm expecting a loss because they have not convinced me against teams that do no play an all offence game.

As bad as the Sens are, if they play another intense conservative game, Habs will struggle to score. Habs mostly scored on rushes this season. Reduce the number of rushes by playing the trap and you may completely neutralize their offence.

I want to be convinced though.
This game will tell us what kind of team we have.

The Habs outplayed the Sens most of the last game, Murray was good, Price was pathetic. If Allen was in net, we win the last game.

Reactions: Tuggy

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
I was wondering how to kill time till the game today and was pleasantly surprised to see it was an afternoon game!
Hope the Habs come out flying today!

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Minus - 34 here in the Arctic er I mean Regina. Lol. Go Habs go.
Vagina Saskatchewan is very cold. It is true. That wind blowing down from the north.

I'm going to be banned today I think. Watch out for my posts and forgive me.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005

Except for 2 mins at the end of the 1st period...the ice was heavily tilted in Habs favor.

The Habs outplayed the Sens most of the last game, Murray was good, Price was pathetic. If Allen was in net, we win the last game.

I disagree with those statements.
Ottawa sat back with the lead and boxed the Habs out.
Of course Habs had more possession and shots but Murray still had it easy. Not many shots were really dangerous.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Of course Habs had more possession and shots but Murray still had it easy. Not many shots were really dangerous.
The sens were on their heels while the Habs were down 2 men in the box and they actually scored.

You watched a different game then i did that's for sure.

The Habs can show up with the EXACT same effort and I'm ready to bet Matt Murray doesn't stand on his head again.

Jul 6, 2016
I still feel kinda iffy about how much they're using Allen TBH. Price hasn't been up to par yet this season and it's gonna be hard for him to get his groove back if he's sitting every other game.

Right. Not a confidence builder to play his backup that much.... But Price's numbers are pretty weak. Does the situation disturbing him OR is he kind of injured ?

Habs better win today.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I am assuming no TSN feed today? SN or RDS? I'm cool with RDS... they are homers and going to prop up their golden home boys but for the rest they are very decent - play by play. Not the talking heads like Tremblay and Gaston... bleah.
Thread title says TSN, so it might be right!

Jul 6, 2016

Right. Ottawa played an excellent road game. And Murray put his best effort into it for once since with the Sens.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm okay with Allen starting. Honestly, the team looks like it will be in the playoffs this year and it would be good to go in with Price being fresh for a change. Long term, playing him less will likely help to extend his career as well.

Roy used to split with Hayward and that worked out beautifully. Allen is too good a goalie to just sit for as many games as our other backups have. Give him some ice.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

I don't think sitting back is a good strategy, I saw it as they hung on for dear life for most of the game. I guess we saw two different games, it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. It was poorly played by Montreal, don't get me wrong, but they had a lot of chances.

Jul 6, 2016

Yes and no. Sens have played an excellent road game. It's gonna be a confidence builder for them... especially IF they can repeat today and beat the Habs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad