OT: And now we return to our regularly scheduled program

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Today's a good day, I scored 2 pairs of Crocs flip flops for $11 total including shipping compared to their usual $40 each. Best part is they actually fit which is very hit or miss here, and I didn't have to deal with Filipino sales clerks. I have a deep seated hatred of the sales clerks, I'll ask for a size 12 they'll bring a 9 or 10 and ask me to try it on, I'll politely ask them what size they wear then ask if they'd wear shoes 2 sizes smaller.

Reactions: HaNotsri

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Does anyone know of/had experience with any good animals rescues for getting a dog at in Niagara/Erie/Genesse counties?
You can use the search on Petco to locate the dog you want to adopt and then check out the organization that has it. I went to quite a few with my brother when he was looking for a dog. The City Of Buffalo Animal Shelter is the only one that I didn't care for. He ended up getting his dog at the Erie County SPCA on Ensminger Rd in the Town of Tonawanda. They've had it for a couple years with no problems. Don't be afraid to ask if the dog has any history of being abused. Some them won't volunteer the information. They can often have behavioral issues.

Find and Adopt a Pet Near You | Petco Foundation

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Today's a good day, I scored 2 pairs of Crocs flip flops for $11 total including shipping compared to their usual $40 each. Best part is they actually fit which is very hit or miss here, and I didn't have to deal with Filipino sales clerks. I have a deep seated hatred of the sales clerks, I'll ask for a size 12 they'll bring a 9 or 10 and ask me to try it on, I'll politely ask them what size they wear then ask if they'd wear shoes 2 sizes smaller.
Seriously? That's a crock.

<wait for it>

Not a Croc. I'm here all week... tip your waiter... over. They have bad balance.

Got our second Pfizer COVID shots Friday. No issues for me. Wife felt a little tired / sluggish Sat & Sun, but probably because she's been working 7 days a week since Jan 18th.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Got our second Pfizer COVID shots Friday. No issues for me. Wife felt a little tired / sluggish Sat & Sun, but probably because she's been working 7 days a week since Jan 18th.

The doctor's office where I got shot #1 of Moderna just called me to schedule shot #2 for next Monday. They immediately called me back and asked for someone else. I joked that they really wanted me to get that second shot.

Reactions: brian_griffin

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I have a couple of sabres jerseys I'm looking to sell if anyone is interested. The royal blue is my wife's, worn once, and the other two are kid sizes. Feel free to PM me. IMG_20210427_144319185_HDR.jpg IMG_20210427_144354267_HDR.jpg IMG_20210427_144706980.jpg

Reactions: Duddy

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Taught at Goalies Inc. this weekend in Greer, SC. Great experience. Jim Stanaway coaches with Mitch Korn, and it shows.

If you've got a goalie, get him or her to this camp. They will be better for it.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
This is one of those days as a dad that I hate.

My daughter has her first lacrosse game ever today. And I can't be there because my wife and I have our counseling session at the same time.

And then my son has a game tonight and I have to watch the first hour or so on YT and then call into my zoom class.

The kids understand. But, I hate missing stuff like this.

Wednesday is slightly better in that I can be at my daughter's game and watch the replay on YT of my son's game as they play at the same time 30 minutes apart.

The good scheduling note is that my daughter plays on Friday and my son plays Saturday morning. The sad part is my son can't watch his sister's game because he has practice at the same time. I hope I can get my daughter up to go to his game on Saturday.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So, my son has had a rough last four games with his varsity lacrosse team. They are on a four game losing streak where they have been outscored 70-8 and shots on goal have been 106 shots against and 23 shots for.

I noticed that one of the refs last night was a friend and I texted him today and here is what he said. That makes me feel a little better.

unnamed.jpg

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Brag post because I’m excited. Past 4 years was working on a complete North American N64 collection. Today I got Mario Party 3 to finish off the 296 games!
Do you just stop*, or do you look beyond North America now?

*or are you a weirdo who actually plays the games they have?

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Do you just stop*, or do you look beyond North America now?

*or are you a weirdo who actually plays the games they have?

Ive been debating doing a Japanese N64 collection. They’re not that expensive in comparison to the US or working on a Wii U collection. I have 76 of 165 Wii U games so almost half there and only a couple of those have terribly high values.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad