OT: And now we return to our regularly scheduled program

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Got a text while I was digging up poison icy roots, “vaccine available to any county resident if you go now!”
Drop my stuff, disrobed in the backyard, 3 minute shower, out the door. Got my first dose after waiting 2 hours in line. Drive thru.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Stuck in 2 week lockdown with alcohol ban, checkpoints and curfews. A whopping 65 new cases in a 400k population so our mayor is following Manila to clamp down before next weeks Semana Santa festivities and coincided it to end after Easter. Nearby Subic is wide open but you can't get through the Angeles checkpoints without proof of negative covid test.

Waiting on my Thai Elite visa to be processed then I'll suffer the 2 week quarantine in a 4 star hotel so I can permanently relocate to Pattaya

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Florida drops its age requirement for Covid vaccines to 50 starting today. I didn’t get an appointment this morning. I will try again tomorrow.

Took the big dog to the dog park, taking the kids to the library (limited to masked and distanced visitors) in a minute. We used to go about once per week and haven’t been in over a year.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Florida drops its age requirement for Covid vaccines to 50 starting today. I didn’t get an appointment this morning. I will try again tomorrow.

Took the big dog to the dog park, taking the kids to the library (limited to masked and distanced visitors) in a minute. We used to go about once per week and haven’t been in over a year.
We are dropping to 16 and older starting Wed.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

So that will get the last 10% of the Sunshine State population...;)

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

NYS is dropping it to 50+ at 8am today.

If it was 45+, I would be all over it...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
A bit lightheaded and achy after shot one. Mostly good after sleeping, just a sore spot at the injection point but that’s normal.

Hope everyone is well.

Reactions: Jim Bob

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Welp, a few lessons learned this week.

We traveled with our twin two year olds and our dog eight hours drive to south carolina to visit the in laws

Lessons:

1. Yeah if you leave after bedtime the kids won't sleep 4 hours in the car. You'll get one maybe 2 and then they'll wake up screaming, be off their schedule and spend 3 hours screaming in the hotel room because they are over tired
2. If your in laws have a chicken coop, don't let your boxer bulldog mix find out or she will lose her god damned mind and get covered in chicken shit in the process
3. A 2 year old boy let run wild in rural SC will, in fact, catch and attempt to eat a frog.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Good lessons to learn. Hope the birds are okay--are they for eggs or wings?
I've had great luck leaving really early in the morning. Our kids aren't morning people, so they usually can nod back off for a while. Well, probably. I am out like I got Scott Stevens'd as soon as we roll out of the driveway, so for all I know they scream like banshees and my bride curses me out for a few hours.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Good lessons to learn. Hope the birds are okay--are they for eggs or wings?
I've had great luck leaving really early in the morning. Our kids aren't morning people, so they usually can nod back off for a while. Well, probably. I am out like I got Scott Stevens'd as soon as we roll out of the driveway, so for all I know they scream like banshees and my bride curses me out for a few hours.

Eggs! The in laws decided they wanted chickens to entertain the grand children. The grand puppy was looking for wings, a breast, thigh and any other part of the chickens, however.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
1. Yeah if you leave after bedtime the kids won't sleep 4 hours in the car. You'll get one maybe 2 and then they'll wake up screaming, be off their schedule and spend 3 hours screaming in the hotel room because they are over tired
2. If your in laws have a chicken coop, don't let your boxer bulldog mix find out or she will lose her god damned mind and get covered in chicken shit in the process
3. A 2 year old boy let run wild in rural SC will, in fact, catch and attempt to eat a frog.
The joys of being a parent.

1. Had that with both my kids. My family would tell me "Just stay until it's bed time, put the kids in the car and drive home and they'll sleep the whole way." No, they will in fact stay awake for two hours in the car fighting each other making the trip horrible, then 15 minutes before home they'll fall asleep, wake up when we get home and then not go to sleep because they are so tired but just had a powernap.
2. If your sister has dogs and she's coming round, don't leave your free-range chooks out because although she knows you have chickens, she will apparently let her dogs into the back yard without looking and the dogs will murder the chooks.
3. That's just awesome. My boy never tried to eat a frog.

Reactions: HaNotsri

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->