OT: And finally, sweet release from the grip of this eternal monster

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Spent Father's Day taking my (step) daughter to North Carolina's governor's school where 600-some competitively selected rising HS Seniors (300-some placed at each of two "borrowed" University campuses) spend 6 weeks immersed in concentration in their field of interest, in addition to other academic enrichments. All paid for by the state. (Although the program was specifically removed from the budget for next year. My suspicion is it is being held hostage for something else, given the Rep. legislature and Dem. governor.)

My wife thinks that, between the two of us, I will miss our daughter more than my wife will miss her. We'll see. I know for certain our daughter won't miss my music, and I won't miss her yelling from her bedroom upstairs "use your headphones or turn it off!!"

Although posting music videos has become passe` in the OT, I offer you "Mother's Daughter" from Santana's Abraxas ca. 1970. Note keyboardist Greg Rolie, later of Journey, is on vocals. The lyrics don't really apply, but I like the tune.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Average velocity just a shade under 60mph.

Accoding to my road note, I got on the New York State Thruway at 8:54 AM. With only 8 miles on my tripometer. That kind of rounds that number up a lot.

Edit: final tally for today is 880.2 miles

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Quick question:

I had an interview last Friday. It seemed to go really well. I was told during the interview that this a a two interview process. After the interview I emailed the interviewees thanking them for taking the to interview me. The guy who originally invited me for the first interview emailed back tahnking me, and said I'd hear from him soon. This got me optimistic, but it's not been a week and I haven't heard from them. I really want this job, so I've been waiting on their call. Anyone have experience in interviewing for a job that had multiple interviews? How long did it take to hear back for the second interview?

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
Quick question:

I had an interview last Friday. It seemed to go really well. I was told during the interview that this a a two interview process. After the interview I emailed the interviewees thanking them for taking the to interview me. The guy who originally invited me for the first interview emailed back thanking me, and said I'd hear from him soon. This got me optimistic, but it's not been a week and I haven't heard from them. I really want this job, so I've been waiting on their call. Anyone have experience in interviewing for a job that had multiple interviews? How long did it take to hear back for the second interview?

It all depends on the company and the urgency of filling the vacancy. One week, isn't something to get nervous about.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
My work productivity is next to nil this afternoon with the NBA Draft last night, the NHL Draft tonight, and the fact that I have an 11 day weekend that starts in a couple of hours.

:laugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My work productivity is next to nil this afternoon with the NBA Draft last night, the NHL Draft tonight, and the fact that I have an 11 day weekend that starts in a couple of hours.

:laugh:

I just drove 1200 miles solo. My productivity is also zero. I am also questioning why I have so much stuff in my van to unload 96° heat

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Fear the Walking Dead
F is for Family (Netflix - season 2 was recently released)
Last Week Tonight - Technically it is a year-round show but it is slim pickings for summer TV shows. Apparently we are supposed to go outside and experience nature and such, lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad