Analyzing Dubas's performance II - (Full Analysis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
See above for what exactly?

Lou got rid of Phaneuf and didn't have to trade a 1st.

Dubas apparently had to trade a 1st to get rid of 1 year of Marleau.

The fact dubas can't take salary back because he miss used our cap doesn't detract from what lou was able to accomplish.

Not sure why you even think that

Again, do you not understand how the dynamics of that Phaneuf trade worked?

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Lou created the situation where that had to be done. Imagine giving a 38 year old Marleau 3 years at 6 million.

That is all on Lou. You can try spinning it however you want.

Go and quote where I said the cap was Lou’s fault. I said losing the first was his fault. Which it was.

Don’t make things up. It doesn’t help your argument.

The mental gymnastics you are preforming in order to lay the blame on Lou is impressive!

Stop spinning. Dubas made a terrible trade. It shouldn't have cost a 1st to move one year of Marleau.

Add on that we ended up missing the playoffs.

Terrible asset management.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The cap dynamic issue is self inflicted by none other than dubas himself.
It doesn't matter how much he overpaid for the big 3. The Leafs are/were in full win-now mode. Lou would have had the team spent to the cap too. Hell he almost did when they were on ELC's.

There's more than enough ammo to criticize Dubas. There's no need to misrepresent things.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
The mental gymnastics you are preforming in order to lay the blame on Lou is impressive!

Stop spinning. Dubas made a terrible trade. It shouldn't have cost a 1st to move one year of Marleau.

Add on that we ended up missing the playoffs.

Terrible asset management.
exactly this, and and we have no insight on how Lou would of handled this, probably better because he would of not paid even close to what Dubas did for contracts... Lou is missed

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
Lou created the situation where that had to be done. Imagine giving a 38 year old Marleau 3 years at 6 million.

Go and quote where I said the cap was Lou’s fault. I said losing the first was his fault. Which it was.

The cap crunch only exists because Dubas gave out absurd contracts

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Again, do you not understand how the dynamics of that Phaneuf trade worked?

Clearly you do not understand.

Just because Dubas is unable to accomplish something lou did, doesn't detract from what lou accomplished.

Comprehend?

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Not sure how I feel about Dubas' whole philosophy literally blowing up in front of his face.

On the one hand I feel vindicated for all the shit I took here for speaking out against it.

On the other I feel sad because this is my team, and it might be several years before the damage can be undone and get back on the upswing.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Not sure how I feel about Dubas' whole philosophy literally blowing up in front of his face.

On the one hand I feel vindicated for all the shit I took here for speaking out against it.

On the other I feel sad because this is my team, and it might be several years before the damage can be undone and get back on the upswing.
That’s really the bottom line.
At the end of the day, who suffers?

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
My bad,I meant they were hired by his boss.
Shanny brought them in.

You’re still incorrect, sorry.

Lawrence Gillman was hired by Kyle Dubas.

Brandon Pridham was promoted to AGM by Kyle Dubas.

The amount of misinformation on this board is astonishing.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto

No, Kyle Dubas created the need by signing John Tavares to $11m/yr contract before he’d fit Marner and Matthews in.

It’s not spinning, it’s evaluating the situation logically with the understanding that adults along with professionals are responsible for the decisions they make. Kyle Dubas knew what his cap forecast looked like and made the Tavares signing anyway. Tavares wasn’t part of the equation when Marleau was signed.

Blaming Lamoriello for trading the Leafs 1st long after he’d moved on to NYI is one of the most irrational perspectives I’ve read on here. I’d encourage you to take a moment to google ‘accountability’.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
How thick are you?

You tried to draw a parallel to the Phaneuf deal. That deal involved salary coming back both ways. There was no option to take salary back in the Marleau deal. It doesn't matter what Dubas had to give up, no parallel can be drawn to the Phaneuf deal because they're 2 completely different situations.

Please don't bother responding if you're not even going to attempt to understand what's being portrayed.

Rofl clearly you are not worth replying to if you are going to act like a child.

Grow up.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
No, Kyle Dubas created the need by signing John Tavares to $11m/yr contract before he’d fit Marner and Matthews in.

It’s not spinning, it’s evaluating the situation logically with the understanding that adults along with professionals are responsible for the decisions they make. Kyle Dubas knew what his cap forecast looked like and made the Tavares signing anyway. Tavares wasn’t part of the equation when Marleau was signed.

Blaming Lamoriello for trading the Leafs 1st long after he’d moved on to NYI is one of the most irrational perspectives I’ve read on here. I’d encourage you to take a moment to google ‘accountability’.

:laugh: Lou also knew what his cap forecast looked like and gave Marleau a third year.

You’re actually defending Lou for signing an effectively useless Patrick Marleau while at the same time criticizing Dubas for signing an in his prime John Tavares?????

:laugh: I see what kind of poster I’m talking to now. Have a nice day.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
:laugh: Lou also knew what his cap forecast looked like and gave Marleau a third year.

You’re actually defending Lou for signing an effectively useless Patrick Marleau while at the same time criticizing Dubas for signing an in his prime John Tavares?????

I see logic is not one of your strong suits.

Carry on sir.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Rofl clearly you are not worth replying to if you are going to act like a child.

This was your original quote:

When did Lou trade a 1st to dump a contract?

Lou got rid of Phaneuf without trading a pick and even got a 2nd back.

Some posters around here are so irrational.

What Dubas gave up to get rid of Marleau and what Lou did to get rid of Phaneuf and some random hypothetical of how he would have dealt with our cap are all different arguments on their own.

Feel free to trash Dubas for trading the 1st, absolutely no problem with that. Demanding the use of Lou's Phaneuf trade as a standard for what he should do is purely asinine.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
The 1st 10+ mil contract started in 2015-16.

Since then, 13 players have made 10+ mil for at least one season.

Those 13 players make up 28 seasons of being paid 10+ mil.

Out of those 28 seasons:
- 13 have missed the playoffs
- 6 lost in the qualifiers
- 6 have 1st round exits
- 3 wins in the qualifiers

Not a single player making 10+ mil has won a 7 game playoff series out of 28 seasons.

We have 3 players making 10+ mil.

What was Dubas thinking when he gave out the contracts to the big 3?

I honestly don't understand how dubas is able to fool so many intelligent and reasonable people. He is a terrible gm.

And I can’t for the life of me see why Shanahan doesn’t see this. He played how many years? Was an All-Star how many times? Was a great power forward who played with an edge!
It just doesn’t add up!

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto

Lamoriello knew Tavares’ $11m would be on his cap when he signed Marleau? Hmm.

I didn’t defend nor indict Lamoriello for the signing, I simply clarified the facts.

You don’t understand simple accountability and attempted to blame someone else, much like a child would do... You shouldn’t be laughing at anyone.

Reactions: Stamkos4life
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad