Analyzing Dubas's performance II - (Full Analysis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Blind patriotism eh? Not allowed to file grievances with the team? If their play doesn't effect you and drive you nuts from time to time are you even a fan? This man doesn't need to be told the history of the maple leaf and we can go golfing next year, he knows what's up.

You're allowed to openly challenge your beleaf in the team and not be told you can cheer for someone else when he's feeling a certain way about a team he's been supporting for 53 years.

Maybe if we started questioning the team more vocally and with our pockets long ago, we'd have a cup by now.
Um no. As I said, he has the right to his opinion. In fact, that was my first sentence. The impetuous of this is ridiculous. Go back and read the post again because you clearly didn't understand.

Last edited:

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Why did you cut out the part where he says Barrie is not a good puck mover, but is a good puck transporter with strong transition ability? I liked that part
Because I had no disagreement with that part. I wouldn't necessarily say that he's "not a good puck mover", but his strength is transitioning by carrying the puck.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
what would Dubas do if he didnt have MLSE money to throw around? He gave all that money up front to Marner to make him easier to trade? Makes sense.... gives you an easier out if it doesnt pan out. But... does it make him allow him to give in easier to contract demands? Does he negotiate harder if he isnt able to give all that money up front? Montreal did the same with Aho's offersheet because they didnt think Carolina's ownership would want to pay all that money up front. This was a 8.6 million contract only though (not 11.893)

Aho btw has 8 goals and 20 points in his last 18 post season games. Mitch as most know has 2 goals and 8 points in his last 12 ...while playing with elite talents like Matthews and Tavares. Marner takes home 38% more money than Aho. When Aho signed i was relieved.... i thought great! We should be slightly above 9 at most. Hell Ahos was an offersheet even. Edit Oh and Aho got 25 selke votes to Marners 11. Aho is also bigger and plays a the more difficult and more valuable center position.

Just shocked...his **** love letter to fans pisses me off too, like a slap in the face. Thanks fans!!!!!! I am so ecstatic with my contract i feel like i owe you something for this overpayment......hey how about a love letter?

Would love to see him sent to Winnipeg to live out his contract in that crappy market (i would know i lived there for 5 years).

/rant for a few hours anyways

Last edited:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
what would Dubas do if he didnt have MLSE money to throw around? He gave all that money up front to Marner to make him easier to trade? Makes sense.... gives you an easier out if it doesnt pan out. But... does it make him allow him to give in easier to contract demands? Does he negotiate harder if he isnt able to give all that money up front? Montreal did the same with Aho's offersheet because they didnt think Carolina's ownership would want to pay all that money up front. This was a 8.6 million contract only though (not 11.893)

Aho btw has 8 goals and 20 points in his last 18 post season games. Mitch as most know has 2 goals and 8 points in his last 12 ...while playing with elite talents like Matthews and Tavares. Marner takes home 38% more money than Aho. When Aho signed i was relieved.... i thought great! We should be slightly above 9 at most. Hell Ahos was an offersheet even.

Just shocked...his **** love letter to fans pisses me off too, like a slap in the face. Thanks fans!!!!!! I am so ecstatic with my contract i feel like i owe you something for this overpayment......hey how about a love letter?

Would love to see him sent to Winnipeg to live out his contract in that crappy market (i would know i lived there for 5 years).

/rant for a few hours anyways
They have ( or had?) Mom's Perogies on Sinclair!

CaptainCrunch17

Dec 31, 2010
North of Toronto
Um no. As I said, he has the right to his opinion. In fact, that was my first sentence. The impetuous of this is ridiculous. Go back and read the post again because you clearly didn't understand.
Many of your posts drip of arrogance.

Good to know that you at least acknowledge that you allow other forum members to have an opinion though.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Many of your posts drip of arrogance.

Good to know that you at least acknowledge that you allow other forum members to have an opinion though.
Now that is arrogant. I don't allow people to have opinions. The have that right independent of me.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
While that is true the Lightning almost made the playoffs in 2017 because they finished just one point behind Toronto, despite trading Boyle and Bishop who were set to become UFA's.
We're talking about when those players were traded though, which was not the end of the season after Tampa Bay made a good push. At the trade deadline, Tampa Bay was 6th in the division and 12th in the conference, which is a situation that is not comparable to Toronto.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Weirdly enough, I thought we did alright defensively.

Can't build a team to win through offence and then have it get completely shut down in key games.

People can point to Tampa last year, but that doesn't bring me a lot of comfort.

Reactions: Beleafer34

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Imagine having a man crush on a GM of a team? Of all things. No critical analysis, just defensive like he’s a family member. Never seen anything more bizarre watching the Leafs, he’s the freaking GM. Be nice if we could evaluate the guy cold, without all the agendas.

Reminds me of Burke. Another GM who had the wool pulled over the eyes of a large chunk of the fanbase.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Reminds me of Burke. Another GM who had the wool pulled over the eyes of a large chunk of the fanbase.
Don’t see it. Burke had a resume going in which gave fans hope that a real hockey man would turn the franchise around.
They’re were just as many hesitant about a rookie president bringing in a rookie gm, not all saw it as a good move. Starting to look like that group was right and if they’re like me, wish they were wrong.

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
Dubas won it all in the OHL. He was great there. However, he brought his OHL championship experience to a league that is completely different. Apples and oranges.

Dubas was a super GM in the OHL, and that's where he should have stayed. This guy thinks you can win in the NHL like you can in the OHL. Unfortunately, he forgot that the NHL is a men's league and you need players that are prepared for battle. Not just players with razzle dazzle and finesse.

This team cannot move on from this failure of a GM fast enough.

Reactions: Beleafer34

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Dubas won it all in the OHL. He was great there. However, he brought his OHL championship experience to a league that is completely different. Apples and oranges.

Dubas was a super GM in the OHL, and that's where he should have stayed. This guy thinks you can win in the NHL like you can in the OHL. Unfortunately, he forgot that the NHL is a men's league and you need players that are prepared for battle. Not just players with razzle dazzle and finesse.

This team cannot move on from this failure of a GM fast enough.

Dubas did not win it all in the OHL. He did win the AHL. Don't care what his experience is/was regardless - care about the results.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Yep.

He was a stick boy and dressing room attendant and only got that job through family connections.

Unqualified for literally every role in hockey he's ever had.

Reactions: cesareborgia

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
I feel like if you are going to criticize Dubas and his background, you should at least have a tiny clue what you're talking about when it comes to his background
2nd overall, whatever. The point is he had success in the OHL, and he is trying to recreate it here using the same methods.

I guess he still hasn't gotten the memo that the NHL isn't a no contact league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad