Analyzing Dubas's performance II - (Full Analysis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Sooooo Polak is better than Muzzin now!?

e8a.gif

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

weems

Jul 3, 2008

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Sooooo Polak is better than Muzzin now!?
My goodness what an odd take. We saw polak and realized right away he was a solid number 5 defender who had trouble getting the puck out of his own zone and brought very little offense. Muzzin has been a great number 3 even solid number 2 defender for us who has the ability to move the puck up the ice, play physical and chip 35+ points from the backend. Comparing polak and muzzin is like comparing malgin and nylander.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
That's the thing with bias.

You end up seeing things that aren't actually happening.
The difference is I posted video evidence of the puck getting blocked by a Penguins player. Plus the stats from the 3rd period which come from the NHL's official website don't even list it.

So it's one thing to claim it happened, however to keep up that claim despite the proof against you is crazy.

Reactions: weems

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
@TheCyNick

You said to this date Polak has contributed more to the Leafs than anything Muzzin has done.

Polak: 240 games with Leafs and 45 pts. 0.19p/gp.

Muzzin: 83 games with Leafs and 39 pts. 0.47p/gp.

Plus Polak averaged almost one penalty in every game while Muzzin has only taken 43 PIM in 83 games.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
@TheCyNick

You said to this date Polak has contributed more to the Leafs than anything Muzzin has done.

Plus Polak averaged almost one penalty in every game while Muzzin has only taken 43 PIM in 83 games.

Polak isn't a stat guy. But he is the type of guy championship teams know you need to have in your lineup.

Here's my take on Polak, which is already being taken out of context. When the chips were down, 45 seconds to go and the season on the line, he was out there against one of the best players of all time. He was a massive presence that whole game. I've watched the game multiple times. If you go back you'll see he was very impactful especially that 3rd period. Then he was really effective in the Washington series until unfortunately getting hurt, and then we lost that series.

Dubas never picked up a cost effective guy like to replace what he brought to the table. Same thing with Hainsey in terms of what he brought to Reilly. Now Reilly is on his own and back to looking average.

As for Muzzin, I've just never seen him be the shutdown guy that people claim he was and can be. I think this upcoming playoff qualifier and hopefully playoffs is a big test for him. Hopefully he shows his value, because he should be heavily relied upon. If he has a big series vs Columbus and helps us beat a Tampa, Boston or Wash I'll be the first to sing his praises.

So far I haven't been impressed.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
@TheCyNick

That can't be true for Polak, can it?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Here's my take on Polak, which is already being taken out of context. When the chips were down, 45 seconds to go and the season on the line, he was out there against one of the best players of all time. He was a massive presence that whole game. I've watched the game multiple times. If you go back you'll see he was very impactful especially that 3rd period. Then he was really effective in the Washington series until unfortunately getting hurt, and then we lost that series.
Zach Hyman did better defending compared to Polak in the last minute against Pittsburgh and at one point he was playing without a stick.

Also in their playoff series against Washington every game was decided by 1 goal and 5/6 games went into overtime or double overtime. So Polak getting injured is not the reason why they were eliminated.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Zach Hyman did better defending compared to Polak in the last minute against Pittsburgh and at one point he was playing without a stick.

Also in their playoff series against Washington every game was decided by 1 goal and 5/6 games went into overtime or double overtime. So Polak getting injured is not the reason why they were eliminated.

Yes, the series was extremely close and as such having Polak there with his defensive and physical presence possibly makes the difference. If we were blown out the whole series, then I wouldn't think losing him was a huge issue.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Much better than your eye test that cant even get right when a guy blocks a shot or not.

Shot blocked by Roman Polak was the call.

And I will take eye test over faux stats every day of the week. Faux stats have led to moves like Barrie over Kadri and Sparks over McBackup.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Shot blocked by Roman Polak was the call.

And I will take eye test over faux stats every day of the week. Faux stats have led to moves like Barrie over Kadri and Sparks over McBackup.

It clearly hit Connor Sheary.
It wasnt recorded by anyone as being blocked by Polak.

This is what happens when you have an outrageous bias.
You see things that you want to happen when in fact it didnt even play out like you think.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yes, the series was extremely close and as such having Polak there with his defensive and physical presence possibly makes the difference. If we were blown out the whole series, then I wouldn't think losing him was a huge issue.
When they lose Games 1, 5, and 6 in overtime it's 50/50 for either team, so having or not having Polak didn't make a difference. Hell in Game 1 when Polak was not hurt they lost with him in the lineup, however when he got hurt in Game 2 they won in double overtime and won Game 3 in overtime which he did not end up playing due to his injury. So once again another one of your theories has been proven wrong.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
It clearly hit Connor Sheary.
It wasnt recorded by anyone as being blocked by Polak.

This is what happens when you have an outrageous bias.
You see things that you want to happen when in fact it didnt even play out like you think.

So do you think Jim Hughson has a bias for Polak?

weems

Jul 3, 2008

It was a play that could easily be seen incorrectly seeing Sheary jumped right into the picture at the last second and Polak was sprawling on the ground in the position to block the shot.

That's the problem with the "eye test". As usefull as it can be in alot of scenarios, many times the eye gets things wrong and other times see's what it wants to see.

Polak didnt block that shot. It hit Sheary.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Why did Joe Bowen not say shot blocked by Polak in the video I posted? So Jim Hughson was obviously wrong in that moment because like I said before, the stats for that game from NHL.com do not list Polak with a blocked shot at that exact moment.

Reactions: kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->