GDT: Anaheim vs Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
Question to ones who saw the game: was it just the opponent's goalie's greatness? Ducks outshot Sabres by a wide margin. How did the offence look like, despite the numbers, were there quality scoring chances?

Overall this situation is just sad.
Johnson was average. Spit out rebound after rebound but we couldn't cash in on anything. Same story different day I guess.

In higlights it was all Buffalo.

PS
Sekac looked good in highlights. What are the observations of him? (someone who saw the game)

Sekac was fine. Didn't look out of place. Did a lot of his flashy dekes along the edges and the move where he turns around abruptly and skates the other way on the half boards like twelve times without accomplishing anything.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
In higlights it was all Buffalo.

PS
Sekac looked good in highlights. What are the observations of him? (someone who saw the game)

He's mastered the art of shooting into the goalies chest. Just like all of our other LWers. We really need some wingers who can finish.

Stephens says Stewart was benched in the third. Is that right? I don't remember him playing, but that's pretty typical for him even when he plays.

He didn't play after about halfway through the second period.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Fowler will not be traded. Neither will BB be fired. This mess is entirely on BM's shoulders, I'm sure he realizes it as he's not stupid (I know it's popular to think otherwise, but he's not).

Last edited:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I haven't been able to watch the last two but the schedule seems to have killed that tiny momentum we had

Ron C.

Sponsor
Jun 16, 2002
Amherst, NY
Visit site
I haven't been able to watch the Ducks much at all this year, so some thoughts:

Lindholm is a dynamic player. The Ducks hit a home run with that pick.

Gibson has played well every time I have seen him play. The three goals were a deflection off of a leg, a cross crease pass to an open man and another uncovered man at the top of the crease.

Ducks seemed to control play for large portions of the game. They just can't seem to score. I'm not sure you can blame BB for that.

Finally, I see a lot of the Fowler threads. I'm sure I have not seen what I should be seeing, but I don't see him even close to being on par with Lindholm or Ristolainen as far as overall skill. I would appreciate it if someone would let me know what his strengths are. I would like to see what to look for the next time I watch the Ducks.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town

Gibson has played well every time I have seen him play. The three goals were a deflection off of a leg, a cross crease pass to an open man and another uncovered man at the top of the crease.

Ducks seemed to control play for large portions of the game. They just can't seem to score. I'm not sure you can blame BB for that.

Finally, I see a lot of the Fowler threads. I'm sure I have not seen what I should be seeing, but I don't see him even close to being on par with Lindholm or Ristolainen as far as overall skill. I would appreciate it if someone would let me know what his strengths are. I would like to see what to look for the next time I watch the Ducks.

Cam's main strength is his skating speed and agility.

This was actually one of the rare games this season where Lindholm didn't randomly fall over like he's been shot in the ankle. Even though it doesn't show on the sheet, this is probably the best he's played so far.

mtxed

Aug 17, 2007
Trade Andersen for Eric Staal you moronic GM... we all know you're forcing BB to overplay Gibson.....

KatellaKid

Jul 9, 2013

Finally, I see a lot of the Fowler threads. I'm sure I have not seen what I should be seeing, but I don't see him even close to being on par with Lindholm or Ristolainen as far as overall skillI would appreciate it if someone would let me know what his strengths are. I would like to see what to look for the next time I watch the Ducks.

BLASPHEMY!! Beware, lest ye anger the Fowlerites!!

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
To say he isn't close is just hyperbole, and untrue.

But I definitely think Lindholm and Risto have more upside.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'm sorry, my sample size was small. I hear all of the alleged trade hype and want more info.

Last night wasn't his best performance, if that's what you're basing it on. He was definitely solid, but I wouldn't call it a great games by his standards this season.

But, like I said, I definitely see higher upside in Lindholm and Ristolainen. Lindholm's game last night might have been his best of the season, and I can only think of one other game that came close. That hasn't been the norm for him this season, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad