Proposal: anaheim - new york rangers

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Don't think either team does this (depending on the pick). Ducks need Steel to become a 2C and if Lundestrom is the player, NY fans will want the #6 pick. Ducks shouldn't be looking to fast track the rebuild and they're not far enough through it to make a trade like this worth it. DeAngelo is in a better spot in NY than in Anaheim to put up points, he has legit first line players to play with and a short sample size so Ducks shouldn't want to pay for what he put up last season as the norm and Rangers wouldn't want to sell him for less. Rangers best move would be to keep him for another year (if they think last year wasn't an anomaly) and let him put up a couple seasons at 50/60+ then decide if they want to move him or not.

Anaheim just needs to keep drafting and developing young guys and hope they get gifted high picks in a good draft.

so NYR fans would want pick 6 (Drysdale/Raymond/Rossi) + the ducks 1st rd prospect from 2018 who is probably a full time NHLer starting next year?

yikes. pretty sure anaheim laughs at any offer for pick 6 that includes a dude that cant play D and has off ice concerns as the main piece

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
The only reason why ADA is even being talked about on the trade market is because of the depth the Rangers have at RD.

He's the first guy I would resign this off-season and we have the spot to protect him in the expansion draft.

I don't want to deal ADA just to deal him.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
The only reason why ADA is even being talked about on the trade market is because of the depth the Rangers have at RD.

He's the first guy I would resign this off-season and we have the spot to protect him in the expansion draft.

I don't want to deal ADA just to deal him.
I read that he isn't going to resign and be a suprise RFA that doesnt get qualified. Dreger was hinting it I believe. I also read anaheim was interested, so I made this proposal

Reactions: SRHRangers

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I read that he isn't going to resign and be a suprise RFA that doesnt get qualified. Dreger was hinting it I believe. I also read anaheim was interested, so I made this proposal

I'm not complaining about your proposal. It's one of the better ones I have seen on here.

Reactions: Sam Steel

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Rangers best move is to get market value for vets and give those mins to emerging guys.
Those guys need those mins.
Delaying that is a prob.
Kravtsov is an example.
We don't have quite the same logjam immediately at RD, but it makes sense to move Tony now. Why? B'c acquiring club gets more time for his full production this yr, not delayed or a partial year, AND his salary now, due to covid, likely 4.5 x 2.
4.5 x 2 would be great for Rangers, but we can't get around Trouba's 8 per.
Hence DeA must go.
It is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when.
But that said, we hold enuf cards we control that.
It behooves us not to hold off on any kind of a good deal, but we can make sure we are not just giving him away either.

agree.
And it is not a matter of if but when; however, we are not forced now. We may eventually be forced if we don't take a good deal now.

We are best off, assuming fair value returned for our vets, to move our vets.
Waiting is not good and I'd rather get ahead of the exp dr now than try to do so later.

----------------

Counter:
keep steel.
ANA needs Fs anyway.

Either:

Deangelo + CAR 2020 1st 22OA + two 2020 3rds
for
ANA 1st 6OA + ANA 2021 2nd

OR

Deangelo
for
BOSTON 2020 1st + ANA 2020 + 2021 2nds

either of those doors should work for both.

I'm not sure other teams will view ADA the way the Rangers do... he has 1 year as an elite OFD. Ranger fans obviously view him as a top pair RHD. There are plenty of players that had 1 outlier year then regressed. If he keeps it up, great, and there might be a team that risks it on him. It shouldn't be the Ducks.

And Anaheim definitely shouldn't be trading the 6th overall... this as as high as they've picked in over 15 years. They need top line/top pair players. Hopefully the 6th and Zegras will be two of those pieces.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

Seems unlikely given Murrays history with RFA's. He's notoriously tightfisted with RFA contracts.... I don't see him trading for an unsigned arbitration eligible RFA that's rumored to be looking for a payday

And that's before you even get into the expansion draft protection slots (or lack thereof)

Reactions: duckpuck

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
yes. he can rake points on the PP but he is terrible in his own end.

also off ice issues are a concern

Raking in points on the PP is one thing I never thought I would hear when it came to a Rangers player

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Seems unlikely given Murrays history with RFA's. He's notoriously tightfisted with RFA contracts.... I don't see him trading for an unsigned arbitration eligible RFA that's rumored to be looking for a payday

And that's before you even get into the expansion draft protection slots (or lack thereof)
Ducks also have a lot of cap space and need a skilled puck moving RHD. If the expansion is 7 -3 - 1, We'd protect Lindholm, Fowler, and DeAngelo.

Reactions: bernmeister

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas

About 2/3 of his points this season came at even strength, he is far better in his own end than people on here believe (I'd say he's slightly below average--ie: if he didn't bring the offense, he'd still be a 3rd pair D), and he hasn't had a single off-ice issue in the time he's been in NY (or during his time in Arizona from what I remember). People are still harping on his juniors nonsense.

So you're o for 3 there. ADA is a keeper and certainly isn't on the block for scraps or middling prospects. Odds are pretty decent that at least one of ADA, Fox, or Nils can play the left side effectively. It's a good problem to have, and they'll find space for everyone.

Reactions: egelband and STHLM

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
DeAngelo has elite skill running a PP. Defensively he should be put on the third pair and played less at even strength. I think at 26-27 he'll be average on the defense side of things. Issue is Lundkvist is a d guy I think will be special and DeAngelo, Fox and Lundkvist are all 5'11. You can have that many guys that size on your d. Two is pushing it. So DeAngelo probably will be the guy out. However, it has to be a deal where it makes sense to what the Rangers need.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Do we need a scoring D, preferably on the right side? Yes.
Do we need to be careful with the expansion draft next year? Hell yes.

Our Top 3 (even top4 I would say) D are pretty set and we can roll with them. This next season is not a do or die for us so there is zero need to push the pace and acquire pieces that will cause problems in ED.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
About 2/3 of his points this season came at even strength, he is far better in his own end than people on here believe (I'd say he's slightly below average--ie: if he didn't bring the offense, he'd still be a 3rd pair D), and he hasn't had a single off-ice issue in the time he's been in NY (or during his time in Arizona from what I remember). People are still harping on his juniors nonsense.

So you're o for 3 there. ADA is a keeper and certainly isn't on the block for scraps or middling prospects. Odds are pretty decent that at least one of ADA, Fox, or Nils can play the left side effectively. It's a good problem to have, and they'll find space for everyone.

Something tells me that when folks refer to DeAngelo's "off ice issues" I have a feeling they are referring to his political affiliations.

Its insane

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Leave it to bern to change a proposition entirely to where NYR acquire top picks or top prospects for NYR dudes who need new contracts and expansion draft protection.

Good luck with that, lol.

Disingenuous, so you need the proper come uppance: a b (bern) slap.

There is A REASON
your trading partner would be getting established talent
vs futures.

IF this was yesteryear, no cap, teams w/$$$ can do all kinds of stuff, we just keep our abundance of riches. Although I still say overall, past RD, we need to move vets for emerging guys.

There is a give to get here both ways.
Ducks get instant, proven help.
Rangers buy the possibility to obtain good talent which at initial point = opportunity, not a given, to rejuvenate.
It is a mutual backscratch, don't make like it isn't.

Also, Deangelo is rfa and covid will likely = 2 yrs suppressed contract at 4.5 per. So the "needs new contracts", while factually correct is misleading. It is suggesting he immediately needs much more than 4.5, which is not the case, and it is not inconceivable they could do 7 yrs term if ANA wants to go there and do 4.25, 4.5, 4.75, 5, 5.25, 5,5, 5,75, or perhaps a bit more. That is not ridiculous $, it is in fact a bargain for a guy of DeA's talents and production.

As to exp dr, that is baked into the equation.
Deangelo would have more suitors if no exp dr.
ANA is a fit and taking him on does not = surrender of signif D.

Tell it LIKE IT IS
let your conscience be your guide

Reactions: egelband

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Disingenuous, so you need the proper come uppance: a b (bern) slap.

There is A REASON
your trading partner would be getting established talent
vs futures.

IF this was yesteryear, no cap, teams w/$$$ can do all kinds of stuff, we just keep our abundance of riches. Although I still say overall, past RD, we need to move vets for emerging guys.

There is a give to get here both ways.
Ducks get instant, proven help.
Rangers buy the possibility to obtain good talent which at initial point = opportunity, not a given, to rejuvenate.
It is a mutual backscratch, don't make like it isn't.

Also, Deangelo is rfa and covid will likely = 2 yrs suppressed contract at 4.5 per. So the "needs new contracts", while factually correct is misleading. It is suggesting he immediately needs much more than 4.5, which is not the case, and it is not inconceivable they could do 7 yrs term if ANA wants to go there and do 4.25, 4.5, 4.75, 5, 5.25, 5,5, 5,75, or perhaps a bit more. That is not ridiculous $, it is in fact a bargain for a guy of DeA's talents and production.

As to exp dr, that is baked into the equation.
Deangelo would have more suitors if no exp dr.
ANA is a fit and taking him on does not = surrender of signif D.

Tell it LIKE IT IS
let your conscience be your guide
There are multiple points in your post that shows you have no idea where the Ducks stand now and going forward. But you sure think you know it.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Something tells me that when folks refer to DeAngelo's "off ice issues" I have a feeling they are referring to his political affiliations.

Its insane

this^
and ps
#1 -- holding vs his right to opinion violates core of free speech one is supposedly upholding.
#2 -- without going off tangent, even allowing Trump is arguably a disaster, for sake of argument/discussion, people evolve. They learn from positive growth as well as negative experiences.

Do his CURRENT political views, whether the same or now additionally informed and change, mean anything as to his on ice game?

If no, why do many insist on judging him as if they did mean something?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
There are multiple points in your post that shows you have no idea where the Ducks stand now and going forward. But you sure think you know it.

While, this thread was OP by a Ducks fan.
I don't doubt a lot of your base agrees with his assessment in post 35.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Do we need a scoring D, preferably on the right side? Yes.
Do we need to be careful with the expansion draft next year? Hell yes.

Our Top 3 (even top4 I would say) D are pretty set and we can roll with them. This next season is not a do or die for us so there is zero need to push the pace and acquire pieces that will cause problems in ED.

Again, post 35.

There is a middle ground of enough draft pick capital that acquires Deangelo which both sides can add to balance final result.
Trick is for both sides to be honest and, while of course advancing own interest, not get greedy.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

I'm sure you misunderstood whatever it was that you read, because there's no chance that they don't qualify him. His QO is only $971,250. Whether he's willing to sign for whatever the Rangers offer beyond the QO, who knows, but the cap is tight. One of ADA or Strome will likely be traded, unless both agree to sign for less than market value.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'm sure you misunderstood whatever it was that you read, because there's no chance that they don't qualify him. His QO is only $971,250. Whether he's willing to sign for whatever the Rangers offer beyond the QO, who knows, but the cap is tight. One of ADA or Strome will likely be traded, unless both agree to sign for less than market value.

Strome almost a given.
Expect DeA is likely gone in adv of exp dr; whether that is now or later during the season, remains to be seen.
But prefer to move a guy before the exp dr if we are not gonna keep him long term due to Nils L and Trouba NMC + Fox = a keeper.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
While, this thread was OP by a Ducks fan.
I don't doubt a lot of your base agrees with his assessment in post 35.
I am not sure I understand fully what you are saying, but if you base your arguments by one post that is made by a presumably a Ducks fan then I have not much to say to you.
For starters, that post ignores we have Manson, and says we have ''a lot of cap space''. :huh:
In one of the new podcast LeBrun re-issued that the Ducks are very high on Manson and would require a steep price to get him out. And rightfully so.
While we have some cap space, it's not ''a lot'' and it's far from clear if we even will be spending to the cap.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018

He's been improving on that end a bit, so 'terrible' is an exaggeration. If his D was so bad it negated the rest of his game, he wouldnt have a 75+ Corsica rating.

And what would those be? because he's had zero issues since he became a Ranger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad