MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Anaheim :

tony deangelo

New York :

Sam Steel / Lunderstrom + a pick ?
I like both Steel+Lundeström, but neither player as a centerpiece for ADA considering most of the Rangers fanbase see Chytil as a higher caliber Center.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Anaheim :

tony deangelo

New York :

Sam Steel / Lunderstrom + a pick ?

Don't think either team does this (depending on the pick). Ducks need Steel to become a 2C and if Lundestrom is the player, NY fans will want the #6 pick. Ducks shouldn't be looking to fast track the rebuild and they're not far enough through it to make a trade like this worth it. DeAngelo is in a better spot in NY than in Anaheim to put up points, he has legit first line players to play with and a short sample size so Ducks shouldn't want to pay for what he put up last season as the norm and Rangers wouldn't want to sell him for less. Rangers best move would be to keep him for another year (if they think last year wasn't an anomaly) and let him put up a couple seasons at 50/60+ then decide if they want to move him or not.

Anaheim just needs to keep drafting and developing young guys and hope they get gifted high picks in a good draft.

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
No team with already 3D set to protect will trade for ADA only to expose him.

I dont know anything about Anaheims roster. But normally a rebuilding team can go 8 skaters with protections. Usually they will have a lot of young players on the roster who does not need protection.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I mean based on what really?

Beyond the fact that he's bigger, faster, nearly two years younger, is more of a goal scorer, and put up more points in fewer games this season? Steel's a decent prospect, but he's more Howden than Chytil.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Beyond the fact that he's bigger, faster, nearly two years younger, is more of a goal scorer, and put up more points in fewer games this season? Steel's a decent prospect, but he's more Howden than Chytil.
Pretty disingenuous comparison. Steel is 22 and Chytil 21. Chytil also has 144 games played to Steels 87 (majority came from this last season). Chytil also had 23 points in 60 games to Steel’s 22 points in 65 games. They are much closer than you’re willing to accept.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Neither have really show much at the nhl lvl, and their stats are pretty similar in the nhl/ahl. He also plays on a much better offensive team than steel does. None of your arguments are good. Chytil certainly has potentially to be better but right now I don’t think there is much separating the 2

but sure I suppose we can say way better if it helps you sleep at night

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Pretty disingenuous comparison. Steel is 22 and Chytil 21. Chytil also has 144 games played to Steels 87 (majority came from this last season). Chytil also had 23 points in 60 games to Steel’s 22 points in 65 games. They are much closer than you’re willing to accept.

Oh for f***'s sake:

I said Chytil (6'2, 200+ pounds) is bigger than Steel (5'11, 190ish pounds). Where is that disingenuous?
I said Chytil is faster--that's an eye test. You are welcome to disagree.
I said Chytil is nearly two years younger. He is 19 months younger than Steel. Help me out--is 19 closer to two years or one? How is that disingenuous?
I said Chytil is more of a goal scorer. He scored 14 this year as a 20 year old. He scored 11 last year as a 19 year old. Over that same span, even with being older, Steel scored a total of 12 goals.
I said Chytil scored more points in fewer games. You countered by posting the stats that showed that...he scored more points in fewer games.

Again, Steel isn't a bad prospect, but he is far more of a smaller Howden. Chytil has done more at a younger age, and at this point is a far better prospect, which is nothing negative against Steel.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Oh for f***'s sake:

I said Chytil (6'2, 200+ pounds) is bigger than Steel (5'11, 190ish pounds). Where is that disingenuous?
I said Chytil is faster--that's an eye test. You are welcome to disagree.
I said Chytil is nearly two years younger. He is 19 months younger than Steel. Help me out--is 19 closer to two years or one? How is that disingenuous?
I said Chytil is more of a goal scorer. He scored 14 this year as a 20 year old. He scored 11 last year as a 19 year old. Over that same span, even with being older, Steel scored a total of 12 goals.
I said Chytil scored more points in fewer games. You countered by posting the stats that showed that...he scored more points in fewer games.

Again, Steel isn't a bad prospect, but he is far more of a smaller Howden. Chytil has done more at a younger age, and at this point is a far better prospect, which is nothing negative against Steel.
All you’re pointing out is they aren’t all the different lol. Any difference they have is fairly small. One just has the benefit of being on a better offensive team and a full extra season in the nhl.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
All you’re pointing out is they aren’t all the different lol. Any difference they have is fairly small. One just has the benefit of being on a better offensive team and a full extra season in the nhl.

They aren't that far off in their production this year--a year where Chytil is nearly TWO YEARS YOUNGER--and Chytil still has the edge. I don't know why you're so hung up on the Rangers being a better offensive team. Chytil rarely saw any ice with any of the top players on the Rangers. He mainly skated with Howden and Kakko (who were, statistically, among the worst players in the league last year). He's not out there with Zib or Panarin.

Bottom line is that you clearly don't know a thing about Chytil, and you don't want to know because you want to stick your head in the sand on this (inane) point. 99/100 unbiased observers would take Chytil over Steel. It's not really a controversial statement.

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
I dont know anything about Anaheims roster. But normally a rebuilding team can go 8 skaters with protections. Usually they will have a lot of young players on the roster who does not need protection.

I think they will go with 7 forwards. If I'm not mistaken, these 5 will require protection: lundestrom, steel, jones, terry, comtois and then you protect two more from rakell silf, henrique, heinen, milano (of course, some of these guys could be moved before, like Rakell, or not be seen as part of the core going forward like Milano) and any new acquisitions.

Reactions: ETTER DE

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Fowler, lindholm, and Manson come to mind... then they have some others that could be exposed on D.

I don’t see thrm going 8-1.

Why would a rebuilding team want to acquire someone 3 yrs from UFA?

If they felt they were st the stage of recompeting again after a rebuild thrn they might have intetest

Reactions: lwvs84 and duckpuck

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
There is no reason for the ducks t make this type of trade now. With or without Deangelo, the ducks are in rebuild mode and a borderline playoff team. So unless they are acquiring futures or other assets at a discount, they are better waiting until after the expansion draft to ramp it up. And just to be clear, I see no reason for NYR to trade Deangelo at a discount, to doesn't seem like a match.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Don't think either team does this (depending on the pick). Ducks need Steel to become a 2C and if Lundestrom is the player, NY fans will want the #6 pick. Ducks shouldn't be looking to fast track the rebuild and they're not far enough through it to make a trade like this worth it. DeAngelo is in a better spot in NY than in Anaheim to put up points, he has legit first line players to play with and a short sample size so Ducks shouldn't want to pay for what he put up last season as the norm and Rangers wouldn't want to sell him for less. Rangers best move would be to keep him for another year (if they think last year wasn't an anomaly) and let him put up a couple seasons at 50/60+ then decide if they want to move him or not.

Anaheim just needs to keep drafting and developing young guys and hope they get gifted high picks in a good draft.

Rangers best move is to get market value for vets and give those mins to emerging guys.
Those guys need those mins.
Delaying that is a prob.
Kravtsov is an example.
We don't have quite the same logjam immediately at RD, but it makes sense to move Tony now. Why? B'c acquiring club gets more time for his full production this yr, not delayed or a partial year, AND his salary now, due to covid, likely 4.5 x 2.
4.5 x 2 would be great for Rangers, but we can't get around Trouba's 8 per.
Hence DeA must go.
It is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when.
But that said, we hold enuf cards we control that.
It behooves us not to hold off on any kind of a good deal, but we can make sure we are not just giving him away either.

If we’re forced to trade ADA this isn’t terrible. Fits a need for Anaheim too.
agree.
And it is not a matter of if but when; however, we are not forced now. We may eventually be forced if we don't take a good deal now.

There is no reason for the ducks t make this type of trade now. With or without Deangelo, the ducks are in rebuild mode and a borderline playoff team. So unless they are acquiring futures or other assets at a discount, they are better waiting until after the expansion draft to ramp it up. And just to be clear, I see no reason for NYR to trade Deangelo at a discount, to doesn't seem like a match.

We are best off, assuming fair value returned for our vets, to move our vets.
Waiting is not good and I'd rather get ahead of the exp dr now than try to do so later.

----------------

Counter:
keep steel.
ANA needs Fs anyway.

Either:

Deangelo + CAR 2020 1st 22OA + two 2020 3rds
for
ANA 1st 6OA + ANA 2021 2nd

OR

Deangelo
for
BOSTON 2020 1st + ANA 2020 + 2021 2nds

either of those doors should work for both.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Leave it to bern to change a proposition entirely to where NYR acquire top picks or top prospects for NYR dudes who need new contracts and expansion draft protection.

Good luck with that, lol.

Reactions: the Chad Kilger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad