GDT: Anaheim Ducks @ San Jose Sharks 7:30pm 11-7-15

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Tough one, can't say the chances weren't there though. I don't know what's up with the reffing though, this season the sharks are getting flat out jobbed.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
In a way, Martin Jones lost us that game by not making that breakaway save on Corey Perry. In another way...team didn't score a goal.

The top line wasn't good, imo. The 2nd and 4th lines did well. Goldobin did well but Tierney and Wingels didn't do very much in terms of maintaining pressure. The defense performed well moving the puck and breaking out after the first ten minutes or so. Ducks did a great job preventing the Sharks from getting pucks in scoring areas and rebounds.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
And Dillon as well. WTF is the matter with that guy? Lets the Sharks go down to 5 defensemen in a tight game because of a stupid, mental error. Time to move Mr Mediocrity off the team.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
And Dillon as well. WTF is the matter with that guy? Lets the Sharks go down to 5 defensemen in a tight game. Time to move Mr Mediocrity off the team.

Yeah getting tossed was bad news. Couldn't take as much advantage of the team on the back to back.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Goldobin needs to shoot the puck. The whole ****ing team needs to stop trying to make pretty plays.

I agree. But, he is a kid. I think that needs to come from the coaching staff.

I do remember him from his draft interviews saying that he is more of a playmaker. And while that is great, we do need him to help with the scoring. Or give him wingers that actually can score.

Episkey

Nitrox
Mar 12, 2013
California
No consistency with this team. Yeah, Couture is out and that will have some effect. But you have to win or at least 100% show up in these important divisional games. Embarrassing that we can't muster a goal on a team playing their back-up on the 2nd half of a B2B. These types of games are just frustrating.

You can see the difference here between a team with mobile, good-skating offensive defensemen and a team who is stocked full of "defensive defensemen". We really struggle to break the puck out and can barely connect two consecutive passes between d-men.

Also agree about Goldobin on the 2nd PP unit. Wingels and Ward? Come on. Get some skill in there and Goldobin is lethal in the offensive zone. He was one of our best forwards tonight.

Ward hasn't looked good these past few games. Marleau was up and down. Good to see a solid start from Jones. But if this team continues to toil in mediocrity when Couture gets back and nearing the trade deadline, we need to make a move. We have the advantage of being in a weak division and I still think we'll sneak into that 3rd Pacific spot, but at this rate it looks like it will be another one-and-done.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I'll just say one thing about Vlasic on the pp, if you're worried about getting scored on up 5-on-4 you're in trouble.

That is exactly why I think they are playing Vlasic on the PP. I think DeBoer is also putting 'safe' players out on the 2nd unit. Its almost like, 'Lets see if we can generate some chances/momentum with the PP. A goal would be a bonus'. They need to try to score on the PP. That is a priority.

They have not had a single PP goal at home this year. That is amazing. :help:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I agree. But, he is a kid. I think that needs to come from the coaching staff.

I do remember him from his draft interviews saying that he is more of a playmaker. And while that is great, we do need him to help with the scoring. Or give him wingers that actually can score.

Now I want to see Hertl play with Goldobin. Speaking of Hertl, dude needs to learn to use his butt more. He needs the little bit of extra time that comes from boxing people out with *****. I saw him pinned hard to the boards a couple time.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
That is exactly why I think they are playing Vlasic on the PP. I think DeBoer is also putting 'safe' players out on the 2nd unit. Its almost like, 'Lets see if we can generate some chances/momentum with the PP. A goal would be a bonus'. They need to try to score on the PP. That is a priority.

They have not had a single PP goal at home this year. That is amazing. :help:

If Peter is truly doing that we're in deep ****.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Folks we are getting an all star quality player later this season. So let's not declare them dead yet.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Team honestly looked pretty good tonight, I was at the game. The refs ****ed them over, they got really unlucky, and Khudobin played well.

With that said, the team needs to shoot more often. And Vlasic on the first PP? WTF?

Goldobin was amazing though. Definitely looked like he belongs in the NHL

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Now I want to see Hertl play with Goldobin. Speaking of Hertl, dude needs to learn to use his butt more. He needs the little bit of extra time that comes from boxing people out with *****. I saw him pinned hard to the boards a couple time.

Marleau-Hertl-Goldobin would be a fun line to watch, I'd bet.

Episkey

Nitrox
Mar 12, 2013
California
Or when Couture gets back...

Marleau - Couture - Ward
Goldobin - Hertl - Wingels

But don't know if they'll burn a year of his ELC.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Folks we are getting an all star quality player later this season. So let's not declare them dead yet.

Oh absolutely not dead. I still think we have a good chance making the playoffs when Couture gets back. I don't know what is going on with Karlsson but he will be a welcome addition as well. And if Torres ever plays in teal again, he would be useful on the 4th line as well.

Despite the 'crappy' play today, we still only lost 1-0. And it was not for lack of chances either. Some bad calls, bad luck and excellent goal-tending from Khudobin all contributed to our loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad