Speculation: Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Really nice to have one undersized goalie in Miller to mentor another undersized goalie in Dostal :laugh:
Our top 4 organisational goalies are set with Gibby, Miller, Stolarz and Dostal. What are the requirements for the expansion draft regarding goalies, I am lost.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Really nice to have one undersized goalie in Miller to mentor another undersized goalie in Dostal :laugh:
Our top 4 organisational goalies are set with Gibby, Miller, Stolarz and Dostal. What are the requirements for the expansion draft regarding goalies, I am lost.
Ducks either need to extend Stolarz, trade for a goalie who has another season after this or sign a goalie to 2 year deal haha

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
How did Backes drop off that much so fast? He was such a warrior for St. Louis and then the trade to Boston just destroyed him.

It’s called being the wrong side of 30 and having concussion issues.

He really didn’t drop off that fast at all though, his first two years in Boston he was basically the same player he was the last year in St Louis. It was the third year in Boston where he turned into a pretty useless bottom 6 forward which pretty much everyone expected he would become when he signed that contract.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I believe so. The stipulation is that the goalie just has to be signed next year I believe. I don't recall there being a games played requirement.

Dont think this is true. The process isn't choosing who to expose, its choosing who to protect. Exempt players can't be exposed.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Dont think this is true. The process isn't choosing who to expose, its choosing who to protect. Exempt players can't be exposed.
But there a certain requirements of players that need to be exposed. The goalie prospects might be exempt but I believe they can chose to expose them to fulfil that requirement.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If I’m Bob Murray right now I’m tendering an offer sheet to Cirelli for a year at $4.3M and see if he bites, knowing if he has a good year he can cash in with a lucrative extension. If I was the GM of a really good team that likely won’t be in the lottery I would go even higher and give up the first and third. Tampa is f***ed if he signs an offersheet as they’re almost at the off-season upper limit, they can’t match without getting rid of dead assets fast.

Massive pipe dream but he would be a great piece to build around if it’s at all possible to acquire him. He’s got Ryan O’Reilly potential.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
If I’m Bob Murray right now I’m tendering an offer sheet to Cirelli for a year at $4.3M and see if he bites, knowing if he has a good year he can cash in with a lucrative extension. If I was the GM of a really good team that likely won’t be in the lottery I would go even higher and give up the first and third. Tampa is f***ed if he signs an offersheet as they’re almost at the off-season upper limit, they can’t match without getting rid of dead assets fast.

Massive pipe dream but he would be a great piece to build around if it’s at all possible to acquire him. He’s got Ryan O’Reilly potential.
I'm sure Cirelli has already agreed to some kind of deal. Tampa just can't make it official until they clear space.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I'm sure Cirelli has already agreed to some kind of deal. Tampa just can't make it official until they clear space.

Yeah there’s clearly some type of handshake deal that’s gone on. Tampa is one of the best teams at managing to get key RFAs signed when they’re in a world of hurt cap wise.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Does Cirelli really move the needle for us? Hes a good player but he isn't a top line player from what I understand?

Not quite at a top line level yet but he’s elite defensively and paced for over 50 points last season. And he’s only just 23 years old.

My post was more me dreaming out loud than anything, I highly doubt he is attainable, via offersheet or any other means.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I mean, I wouldn't mind him at all. I actually played around with the idea of offering Steel to Tampa in part of a deal to get him on CF but I tend to agree with you that they aren't likely to move him.

Reactions: Paul4587

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Would like to see Zegras hit the NHL roster some time this season. I expect him to be on maybe the Taxi squad? He looks NHL ready and has even bulked up. Not sure the AHL is going to develop him any more to be NHL ready and could be a step back.

Zegras - Getz - Silf
Rakell - Henrique - Terry

That is a very good top 6 there. I don’t see Getz and Z passing back and forth, I see Z taking the shot and he has a decent enough shot to do some damage, or he can pass to Silf who will shoot. The amount of time they will open up will create a lot of scoring chances. Just need to finish which has been the teams biggest issue.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
The Ducks updated the roster on their website. Coincidentally, there are 35 skaters and 3 goalies, so this will likely be the training camp roster. And no, Zegras and Drysdale are not on the list, but Perreault and Tracey are. None of the ECHL guys (Golod, Kindopp, Durny, OEE, Badini) are there either.
Anaheim Ducks 2019 Roster

EDIT: Looking at it again, Larsson, Dostal, and Lundestrom aren't there either, so we will see what changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magnus the Duck

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
The Ducks updated the roster on their website. Coincidentally, there are 35 skaters and 3 goalies, so this will likely be the training camp roster. And no, Zegras and Drysdale are not on the list, but Perreault and Tracey are. None of the ECHL guys (Golod, Kindopp, Durny, OEE, Badini) are there either.
Anaheim Ducks 2019 Roster

EDIT: Looking at it again, Larsson, Dostal, and Lundestrom aren't there either, so we will see what changes.

Didn't Larsson and Lundestrom play tier 2 in Sweden so they would be available for camp? That's very odd if they're not on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad