Anaheim Ducks Prank Creates Uproar

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Anyways, who are all these people that are being so offended? It's like when the story breaks of something causing "an uproar" it either A - never happened or B - wasn't really an uproar but a mouse squeak but since the news made a story of it everyone thinks there's all these offended people.

Last edited by a moderator:

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
The video was lame. I don't see how it could be classified as "offensive," and I really don't see it as harassment.

I actually saw something just yesterday at my workplace that I considered to be far more offensive than that stupid video. I work in a warehouse, unloading packages off of trailers for a rather large, well-known company. I won't say which one, but -- well, let's just say it rhymes with EdFex.

One of the guys I worked with yesterday -- young, African-American guy, early twenties -- wore a shirt that in great big letters said "PU**Y." Underneath, in smaller text, "The most expensive meal you'll ever eat."

First of all, it's just not funny. That joke's older than he is. But more importantly, how immature do you have to be to wear that in a workplace, especially when there are women around in your area? You walk around for eight hours with a t-shirt with an offensive word on it, and an crude joke about a sex act, and everyone you pass has to see it, whether they want to or not. And I'm certainly no sissy when it comes to language, but there's no way in hell I would consider that an appropriate thing to wear in a workplace environment.

But I'm pretty sure Kesler didn't walk through the main lobby at Ducks HQ during normal business hours when that video was made. There were like four people in the video, all of whom had to know what was going on in advance, and dude probably wasn't even naked anyway. Relax.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
There is a clear lack of respect for people who hold different perspectives, and from all over the place. Maybe we should work on respecting one another before we tackle bigger issues.

"I don't see how you could possibly be offended because I'm not offended. You must just be weak/sheltered/trying to get attention." It's a common attitude among people, and it has been for a long time.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Who are all these people that are being so offended? It's like when the story breaks of something causing "an uproar" it either A - never happened or B - wasn't really an uproar but a mouse squeak but since the news made a story of it everyone thinks there's all these offended people.

That's exactly what I wondered. It seems like immediately we had people who assumed because Anaheim pulled the video and apologized it must have been due to an outpouring of outrage. I still haven't seen it, granted I haven't really looked for it either.

In Tennessee over the weekend we actually did see social media jump on an issue involving the hiring of a coach, and there are a lot of folks who took that as people being overly judgmental, not doing their homework on a person before making up their minds, and essentially throwing a fit on Twitter. That is a clear example of outrage. I'm not seeing it here.

Reactions: Lancer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad