Proposal: Anaheim Ducks - New Jersey Devils

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
What are you trying to tell me with those stats? That he is 5th in GP in the last 5 seasons? That deosn't show the amount of times that he is listed DTD is signifigant. In that time you mentioned you ignore that he was injured 12 times. He was literalyl DTD last week. Thats more than two injuries a year and how many more would their be if he played in the playoffs which is a lot harder on the body.

YOu also fail to point out he is also

88th in GAA in that 5 year span........
68th in SV% in that same 5 year span with Vanecek listed 13 spots higher than Gibson.

BEing 5th in GP and 29 in wins isn't telling me much. Yes it is a team game, but he isn't doing anything to warrant signifigant value. You may think he is worth a lot, IMO opinion I am not giving up a top young player for a goalie that has been pretty much average by play and signifigiantly BELOW average when you factor in numbers. Not t omention when you look at the goalies also playing at the same time onthe same team, their numbers where better aside from the year that Miller was 40 years old. Yes they are playing with lesser competition, but his numbers should still be better than what they have been for the last 5 years.

He is an upgrade over Vanecek but not at the cost of a top young player like Holtz.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
What are you trying to tell me with those stats? That he is 5th in GP in the last 5 seasons? That deosn't show the amount of times that he is listed DTD is signifigant. In that time you mentioned you ignore that he was injured 12 times. He was literalyl DTD last week. Thats more than two injuries a year and how many more would their be if he played in the playoffs which is a lot harder on the body.

68th in SV% in that same 5 year span with Vanecek listed 13 spots higher than Gibson.

BEing 5th in GP and 29 in wins isn't telling me much. Yes it is a team game, but he isn't doing anything to warrant signifigant value. You may think he is worth a lot, IMO opinion I am not giving up a top young player for a goalie that has been pretty much average by play and signifigiantly BELOW average when you factor in numbers. Not t omention when you look at the goalies also playing at the same time onthe same team, their numbers where better aside from the year that Miller was 40 years old. Yes they are playing with lesser competition, but his numbers should still be better than what they have been for the last 5 years.

He is an upgrade over Vanecek but not at the cost of a top young player like Holtz.
How is Holtz a top young player??? Even Lindy Ruff things he's a liability and won't play him when the game is on the line.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Ducks would want picks for their players and that's just not feasible at this point. Devils pass.

As an aside, I think Palat would fit well in Anaheim and isn't that much of a long shot to waive (warm weather like Tampa, Killorn, etc), but it's far too early for that conversation.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Ducks would want picks for their players and that's just not feasible at this point. Devils pass.

As an aside, I think Palat would fit well in Anaheim and isn't that much of a long shot to waive (warm weather like Tampa, Killorn, etc), but it's far too early for that conversation.
What assets are you attaching to dump Palat's 3 x year 6M AAV?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Did you not see the part where you dump both Palat and Vanecek? This is god awful for the Ducks taking on those two capdumps. The NJD come out way ahead getting an actual goalie rather than the scrubs they currently have in net.
I have less than zero interest in this stupid proposal that wouldn’t even be possible with Palat’s NMC. He’s still a fine player, his underlying numbers were fantastic this year, he’s just riding poor percentages/got hurt. Or do those things only matter for shitty #1OA picks?

Reactions: Xirik

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
How is Holtz a top young player??? Even Lindy Ruff things he's a liability and won't play him when the game is on the line.
No. "Only Lindy Ruff thinks he is a liabilty". Ask any fan now how they feel about how Holtz is being treated. Lindy Ruff also treats Brendan Smith better than virtually every player on the team.

Holtz has played much of the season on the third and a good portion on the fourth line as a ROOKIE.
On pace for 22 goals and 41 points playing on the 3rd and fourth lines....as a ROOKIE

His PPG is better than or on par than every player except Jack, Bratt, Nico and Toffoli. Toffoli has also played the whole season on the number one PP with the top players. He hasn't had any of the opportunities that Meier, Mercer, Haula or Luke Hughes has had to put up points, yet he has a similar PPG.
You can think he isn't a top young prospect/player all you want. He played 19 games on the fourth line last year and isn't considered a rookie, but essentially is. If he was considered that he would be 8th in rookie scoring this year while being a 3rd foruth liner and not getting the opportunity that other players have.

Either way. I am not giving him up for a goalie that isn't that good anynmore.

Reactions: McDuffz88

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I have less than zero interest in this stupid proposal that wouldn’t even be possible with Palat’s NMC. He’s still a fine player, his underlying numbers were fantastic this year, he’s just riding poor percentages/got hurt. Or do those things only matter for shitty #1OA picks?
6M for low production, 32 years old for another 3 years? That's the very definition of a capdump. NJD would be lucky to dump his rotting carcass. Ditto Vanacek.

Ducks are getting absolutely fleeced in this deal.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
6M for low production, 32 years old for another 3 years? That's the very definition of a capdump. NJD would be lucky to dump his rotting carcass. Ditto Vanacek.

His rotting carcass has the highest expected goal share on the team at nearly 61%. Very low on ice shooting percentage (7.2%) is deflating his point totals.

I have no interest in the goalie that’s finally having an average season after being below average for 4 years.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA

Its not a cap dump when there is still value to the team and no signifigant reason to get rid of him. He may be a cap dump his last year or maybe second last year of the contract, but as of now he isn't. He may be a cap dump to Anaheim, but IMO a player that is still 32 and has 150 playoff games including 101 playoff points and some cups under his belt he is worth the money on young teams like NJ and Anaheim. He is two years out from 21 points in 23 games and still put up 7 points inthe playoffs last year in 12 games. that isnt' a cap dump.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Which is kind of weird since they were the ones who initiated the call.
lol, i think the call goes something like this:

Hi, this is Fitz, i am interested in bending you over by offering two cap dumps and a young winger (who my coach absolutely hates) for your starting goaltender and top-line right wing.

What? Why are you laughing?

Hangs up phone.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
lol, i think the call goes something like this:

Hi, this is Fitz, i am interested in bending you over by offering two cap dumps and a young winger (who my coach absolutely hates) for your starting goaltender and top-line right wing.

What? Why are you laughing?

Hangs up phone.
Palat has an NMC

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Injury reporting is different with each org, when your talking about injured all the time, GP and Minutes are black and white. As for everything else, im not trying to sell you on his value and don't care. Just giving you the black and white numbers that are opposite to what are saying.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Agreed. Not good enough for Anaheim,
Ducks would be smart to trade Gibson and Vatrano in separate deals, if they so desire. Bundling means you have to take agregious capdumps to even up the cap and likely not get the value back. This offer is a case in point.

If you post a laughter emoji you agree with me! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Gibby and Fowler both at max retention for Nemec and Vanecek. Devils go all in for the next 2-3 years with Ducks paying over $16 million of the payroll. Gibby and Fowler at 3.2M and 3.25M would be high value contracts. Ducks get to replace Drysdale with Nemec and not have to wait another 2 years of development. Mix in some prospect and picks swapping. Ducks could add interesting prospects like Zellweger or Luneau, additional 2nd round picks.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
i dont think palat would be included. he's gritty playoff experience that the devils need.

gibson is obviously a major need for the devils but im not sure that a goalie can command a prospect like holtz. but nj is desperate so you can rule it out all together.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Don’t think Holtz and Vanecek gets you Gibson. There’s really no value difference in the other two players. You can argue there is, but grand scheme wise, it can go either way with where the Ducks currently sit.

So you’re basically moving Holtz and Vanecek for Gibson, and let’s face it, Vanecek is purely to help NJ cap wise. Anaheim could easily grab a goaltender this summer, who would give you what he will.

So you’re basically trading Holtz for Gibson… and asking Anaheim to take $3.4 million next year. Don’t think it’s near what Anaheim would demand. Add a 1st Rounder, the conversation gets much more serious.

Likely have to add that 1st rounder for sure.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
This trade proposal just wrong on every level. I get the Devils want a goalie but is giving up Holtz to get one the answer, I don't think so.

Palat has value to the Devils, and almost nowhere else, certainly not to Anaheim so what is he doing here? Plus NTC and he's unlikely to waive for the Ducks

Vatrano is having an amazing season I can't see any reason the Ducks move him for anything less than a 1st and a prospect. I think he's a non starter for a deal between these 2 teams.

VV has zero value as well, he's close to negative value but I don't think the Devils would have to attach anything significant to get rid of him. I think NJ retains on him to make him much easier to take.

VV @50% + Stillman/Filmon + picks for Gibson + Henrique @50%

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad