May 19, 2018
New Jersey Devils
John Gibson
Frank Vatrano

Anaheim Ducks
Ondrej Palat
Alexander Holtz
Vitek Vanecek
trading a big money contract to new jersey is not easy to do right now. the devils can't take in a big surplus of cap hit with term. upgrading this season to risk not having enough cap space to resign mercer (summer 24), l.hughes, holtz (both summer 25) or nemec (summer 26) doesn't make sense at all. palat going the other way would obviously balance the salaries, but he has a nmc this and next season. so he can veto any trade attempt.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Big no. You need to add a at least another 1st more for both Vatrino and Gibson and that is before the cap dumps

Reactions: Rec T

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Ducks should’ve traded Gibson 4-5 years ago. I’m not saying he isn’t worth what you want to your team, but from where I see it, Gibson hasn’t put up really good numbers in a half a decade. I get the team hasn’t been the greatest. Not to mention he misses lots of games due to injury and that isn’t reliable with a heavy workload in the playoffs.
No interest if Holtz is involved.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Palat has NMC.

It's a bad deal for the Ducks either way. Gibson for some reason seems to have positive value still while Vanecek and Palat are firmly on the negative side.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Palat is just a dealbreaker in this trade. 6M caphit with another 3 years of underperforming offense at 32 years old. Woof.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Ducks should’ve traded Gibson 4-5 years ago. I’m not saying he isn’t worth what you want to your team, but from where I see it, Gibson hasn’t put up really good numbers in a half a decade. I get the team hasn’t been the greatest. Not to mention he misses lots of games due to injury and that isn’t reliable with a heavy workload in the playoffs.
No interest if Holtz is involved.
ducks had no reason to trade him 4-5 years ago since we had no other goalie to replace him. gibson has played 50+ games as a starter over the last 7 years, only outlier is the year covid ended the season early with 35 games. that's about average as other starters. this lie that he misses a lot of games keeps being spread for no reason.

if people could please stop asking for Gibson then telling us we should just take whatever scraps for him because he's awful and always hurt that'd be great.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
trading a big money contract to new jersey is not easy to do right now. the devils can't take in a big surplus of cap hit with term. upgrading this season to risk not having enough cap space to resign mercer (summer 24), l.hughes, holtz (both summer 25) or nemec (summer 26) doesn't make sense at all. palat going the other way would obviously balance the salaries, but he has a nmc this and next season. so he can veto any trade attempt.
Palat balances that out.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
ducks had no reason to trade him 4-5 years ago since we had no other goalie to replace him. gibson has played 50+ games as a starter over the last 7 years, only outlier is the year covid ended the season early with 35 games. that's about average as other starters. this lie that he misses a lot of games keeps being spread for no reason.

if people could please stop asking for Gibson then telling us we should just take whatever scraps for him because he's awful and always hurt that'd be great.
It’s not a lie that he misses lots of games. He’s been in my keeper league since he came into the league and has let me down more than any other player. That’s guy is DTD regularly.
I also never said he was awful. He just isn’t the goalie he was five years ago. And the only reason people are offering scraps is that he isn’t the goalie he was that long ago and it isn’t really worth elite assets to essentially upgrade a little. He may be worth more to Anaheim.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Verbeek being too generous to his old team? i doubt it

Holtz a good get,
but package needs more upside youth,
or Ducks can sell those 2 guys separately and bring back more

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
New Jersey Devils
John Gibson
Frank Vatrano

Anaheim Ducks
Ondrej Palat
Alexander Holtz
Vitek Vanecek
Devils pass ...See what we have in Daws ....Palat when healthy contributes and Holtz is progressing nicely as young player....

Verbeek being too generous to his old team? i doubt it

Holtz a good get,
but package needs more upside youth,
or Ducks can sell those 2 guys separately and bring back more
Have at it I don't blame you cash in ....Imo both Ducks not worth Holtz

Devils pass ...See what we have in Daws ....Palat when healthy contributes and Holtz is progressing nicely as young player....

Have at it I don't blame you cash in ....Imo both Ducks not worth Holtz
Devils need to ride year out and see what happens it's just doesn't seem like it's our year too much going wrong

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Why do the Ducks do this again? I'm just curious, what is the logic?

To get out of Gibson's contract (lets assume they want to in this scenario)?
Not taking into account Holtz they save a grand total of 4 mil in cash over the life of the contracts and a grand total of 400k in cap per year.

Vatrano would probably fetch a 1st by himself at the moment. Especially if the Ducks trade him at 50% at the deadline this year with another year on his contract.

Gibson for Holtz is fine although I expect the Ducks would want more. But also taking back 2 cap dumps in the process..... cmon.

Reactions: Rec T

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I’m sure the Devils are eager to add Gibson’s 6.4 million dollar cap hit for 3 more years for a barely .900 goalie.
Did you not see the part where you dump both Palat and Vanecek? This is god awful for the Ducks taking on those two capdumps. The NJD come out way ahead getting an actual goalie rather than the scrubs they currently have in net.

Reactions: Crazy8oooo

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Seems meh for Anaheim, could get more moving each piece separate and taking back cap m.

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
It’s not a lie that he misses lots of games. He’s been in my keeper league since he came into the league and has let me down more than any other player. That’s guy is DTD regularly.
I also never said he was awful. He just isn’t the goalie he was five years ago. And the only reason people are offering scraps is that he isn’t the goalie he was that long ago and it isn’t really worth elite assets to essentially upgrade a little. He may be worth more to Anaheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad