Confirmed with Link: ANA trades Carl Hagelin to PIT for David Perron and Adam Clendening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Your concerns are totally valid. But JR isn't going to let Hagelin get in the way of signing multiple people this summer. I'm not even saying this as a positive. I don't think the Pens should cap. But they will, and in the NHL, if you REALLY want to sign someone, there's ways to make it happen.

Good points. JR definitely scares me a bit.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If Hagelin doesn't work out, why are people so sure there is a trade market for him, if those same people aren't sure there would have been a trade market for Perron at the deadline?

Teams usually aren't psyched to take on 4MM contracts with 3 years remaining on a player that failed on 2 teams in 1 year.

IF Hagelin doesn't work out here, we aren't going to be able to move him without taking salary back IMO. That's why it's risky. That said, Hagelin is a player that helps you even if he's not producing. I just don't feel like paying 4MM a year for a 3rd line checker that puts up 20 points. Let's hope he's not that.

He could our very own PA Parenteau, Desharnais, Vinny, or Gagner!

We are totally the kind of organization that would hamstring ourselves and honor it :laugh:

Similar to when we didn't demand compensation for Shero. :laugh:

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
Similar to when we didn't demand compensation for Shero. :laugh:

I mean, I sort of get that though - that rule is stupid as written and everyone knows it, and you'd be screwing over another team (an in-division rival even) rather than an individual player. Is a compensatory 3rd rounder worth it if it means giving NJ more reason to offer sheet one of our RFAs? That one struck me as more of a good sportsmanship/gentleman's agreement type move than anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad