Confirmed with Link: [ANA/TOR/CAR] Ilya Lyubushkin (75% retained) for 2025 3rd round pick - CAR receives 6th round pick for additional retention

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Boosh played some solid bottom pair for the leafs a couple of years ago. Given they were never in on Tanev due to the price, I’m not surprised they gave up a 3rd and a 6th for him. He fits comfortably with them, like an old glove. At least they hope he will.

Good move by PV.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
3rd rounder for a guy that having seen both I’m not convinced is better than Benoit. Happy PV didn’t bail Treliving outta jail taking a McGinn-esque contract back

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Oct 18, 2011
Why even bother for a 3rd, 4th, 5th…..those later round picks have zero value IMO. I get wanting to ship him off but Lyubushkin is worth more than that. He’s a serviceable NHL defenseman.
Nonsense. All picks are assets to either draft new players or put in trades

Verbeek used this trade to recoup a 2025 pick that he lost in the JD trade

This is solid asset managment

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Never have I ever seen a more incompetent group of fans in my life than the Ducks fans complaining about this trade on the Ducks Facebook page. My god it’s embarrassing that they even associate themselves with this team.
Do they actually think he was worth MORE?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
People fuming that we got hosed “handed him to Toronto for free” and are upset becauseToronto fans are celebrating on their page. lol One person went on to say how Verbeek is the worst GM in the league. Lol
Perhaps they'd be ready to trade Matthews for Vatrano

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
This is a good deal for the Ducks. I wasn't expecting more than a 4th.

Lybushkin wasn't good, but he did his job as a veteran third pairing d-man to shepherd Mintyukov in his rookie season. I will remember him fondly, unlike many other third pairing dmen the Ducks have gone through in the last dozen years. Good luck to you, Bush.

eaterfan

Nov 29, 2023
Wouldn't mind having an extra 3rd rounder every year just to grab a goalie prospect. Good trade IMO.

Reactions: Kalv

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Think Verbeek will start using draft picks to acquire players after the season. Waiting for a 3rd to develop will be outside of our timeframe.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Nonsense. All picks are assets to either draft new players or put in trades

Verbeek used this trade to recoup a 2025 pick that he lost in the JD trade

This is solid asset managment
I’m not arguing the asset management (although Jamie was traded with a 2nd). I’m arguing that a 3rd round pick is worth next to nothing.

Roughly 1 out of every 10 3rd round picks play in the NHL. The probability of them becoming an impact player is even lower.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad