GDT: Ana @ Stl 5pm

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Yikes... three horrid d-errors and this game was lost. Lindholm the only one with a good game from the back end today. (besides one rather stupid crosscheck) Not clicking offensively either right now. But better now than later in the PO.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Getzlaf was our best player. Fowler would be 2nd.

Silf and Cogs are a joke. Almost 7 million for good defensive play.

Allen outplayed Andersen.

So far, I don't see Maroon as much worse than McGinn. McGinn is better around the net and a better skater but Maroon is better at everything else, and he at least had chemistry with Rakell and Perry.

Perry and Rakell were especially bad imo.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Yeah... up with Theo please. His rocket from the blueline is also needed, if Vats is going to be absent further on. And it gives BB a good look to see if he can be the replacement for just Vatanen as well later on. (if he's not going to sign for next season)

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
I know how much people admire Cogs and his effort, but he needs to go. He is completely lackluster on offense, and there's just no spot where he fits on this team anymore.

Silfverberg has just been disappointing all season. I was really expecting this season to be his breakout year. Hopefully he manages to turn it around in playoffs like he did last year.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012

So far, I don't see Maroon as much worse than McGinn. McGinn is better around the net and a better skater but Maroon is better at everything else, and he at least had chemistry with Rakell and Perry.

Sorry, but Fowler had a rather poor game. Gave away the puck before one of the goals as well. Getz & Kes good in all zones. The rest of the frw's bleak.
And I stand by that Lindholm had an overall good game. Worked the crease really well on the PK as well to help out Freddy. Not something Ahlers & Hazy noticed though.... but they didn't notice that Bieksa left the game or Vatanen the last game (for almost a period of play) so....

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I know how much people admire Cogs and his effort, but he needs to go. He is completely lackluster on offense, and there's just no spot where he fits on this team anymore.

Silfverberg has just been disappointing all season. I was really expecting this season to be his breakout year. Hopefully he manages to turn it around in playoffs like he did last year.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a defensive player like Cogs, but the problem lies when no else outside a few players can score consistently. If Kes and Silf could score on a consistent basis, more so Silf than Kes, I don't think people would be too focused on Cogs needing to be moved. Silf needs to step up or he needs to go at this point, unfortunately.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013

Yeah right :laugh:

He was closer to 2nd worse than 2nd best

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
I don't think there's anything wrong with having a defensive player like Cogs, but the problem lies when no else outside a few players can score consistently. If Kes and Silf could score on a consistent basis, more so Silf than Kes, I don't think people would be too focused on Cogs needing to be moved. Silf needs to step up or he needs to go at this point, unfortunately.
Well it applies to both of them. Silf is also a good defensive player who should be better offensively than he is now. Cogs is important to the PK, but he is almost completely useless offensively. He can't score, he can't set up plays, he just doesn't look dangerous at all out there. Kesler needs at least one good scorer on his line because those two are really bringing him down. We've needed a real top 6 player for a long time now and Murray needs to realize that. Damn I miss Beleskey.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Beleskey had 1 good season with us and has barely done anything offensively with the Bruins. I agree that we need a legit top 6 winger because guys like Silf and Cogs (and Bels in the past) are tweeners.

I'm willing to give Silf another year. I think he has all the tools to at least put up 20 goals/50 points - he's got a wicked release, is very good at protecting the puck, can cycle well enough, good passer, is a smart player, etc. He just needs to put it together.

mytduxfan*

These past 2 games the team has looked as bad as they were at the beginning of the season.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Beleskey had 1 good season with us and has barely done anything offensively with the Bruins. I agree that we need a legit top 6 winger because guys like Silf and Cogs (and Bels in the past) are tweeners.

I'm willing to give Silf another year. I think he has all the tools to at least put up 20 goals/50 points - he's got a wicked release, is very good at protecting the puck, can cycle well enough, good passer, is a smart player, etc. He just needs to put it together.

Beleskey had 22G 10A 32P in 65 games last year. He has 13G 20A 33P in 67 games this year.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
Yeah ^ Bells is on pace for a 40-point season. Our lineup would be a lot better with him in it. Bruins' fans are loving him.

Jack Bauer DAMNIT

Two Way Defenseman
Nov 11, 2015
Golden State
What in the..? I watched 2 periods, 1-1, ok we have a chance. Go out during the third, check the score, YIKES !

An 11 game win streak against mostly crappy teams is great and all, but we need to battle and step up to these better teams.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Splitting them up was fun but put the twins back together.

Perron Getzlaf Perry
Rakell Kesler Silf
McGinn Thompson Cogs
Ritchie Santo Garbutt

Last edited:

manspaceman

Jan 16, 2014
So this is how our game looks without Vatanen? 0-0-2 now.

Fowler can't handle those minutes, -4, that's bad.

Time to bring Theo back, and gosh I hope Bieksa is ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad