GDT: Ana @ Stl 5pm

paragon

May 5, 2010
Getzlaf was our best player. Fowler would be 2nd.

Silf and Cogs are a joke. Almost 7 million for good defensive play.

Allen outplayed Andersen.

So far, I don't see Maroon as much worse than McGinn. McGinn is better around the net and a better skater but Maroon is better at everything else, and he at least had chemistry with Rakell and Perry.

Perry and Rakell were especially bad imo.
Fowler had absolutely terrible positioning on the Stastny's goal and should have had primary assist on Beglund's and a secondary assist on Tarasenko's goal. Had it been Bieksa, he would have been asbsolutely lambasted.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Is it October again? Such a struggle to get the stream working due to unidentified issues and five hours later I'm not only upset but very disappointed too. I really wish Kesler had better linemates. Not that I specifically want Silfverberg or Cogliano gone, but something's gotta give. I like them both, especially Cogliano.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Yeah ^ Bells is on pace for a 40-point season. Our lineup would be a lot better with him in it. Bruins' fans are loving him.

15 goals and 40 points is not a legit top 6 guy. It's a tweener. We need a guy who is a 20 goal guarantee and 50+ points.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Fowler had absolutely terrible positioning on the Stastny's goal and should have had primary assist on Beglund's and a secondary assist on Tarasenko's goal. Had it been Bieksa, he would have been asbsolutely lambasted.

I think you mean Lehtera, not Berglund. And I wouldn't blame him for the Tarasenko goal.

Other than that, I agree. Bieksa would be eaten alive right now. Lately Fowler has been making a bit too many defensive gaffes for my liking, luckily our goalies have had his back. But I'm starting to get a little worried.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Has very little to do with Vatanen's absence

Disagree. Losing Vatanen keeps the puck in our end a lot more than having him. Vatanen is huge key to our offense whether people here will admit it or not. I'm beginning to think that Fowler could be the odd man out.

Lindholm-Manson
Despres-Vatanen
Theodore-Bieksa

Again, no "top pair" but 3 pairs that have a puck mover and also two PP Qb's.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
15 goals and 40 points is not a legit top 6 guy. It's a tweener. We need a guy who is a 20 goal guarantee and 50+ points.
Actually 127 forwards scored 40 points last year. That would make him mid-level 2nd liner (4.2 forwards per team).

38 left wingers scored 40 points, again that is comfortably mid-tier 2nd line.

20 goal guarantee is actually more of a 1st liner. 90 forwards last year scored 20 goals, and only a portion are "guaranteed".

But agreed that 50 points would be ideal.

Last edited:

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Disagree. Losing Vatanen keeps the puck in our end a lot more than having him. Vatanen is huge key to our offense whether people here will admit it or not. I'm beginning to think that Fowler could be the odd man out.

Lindholm-Manson
Despres-Vatanen
Theodore-Bieksa

I wouldn't go that far. If we're going to move a D-man making around 4 million, I would look to trade Despres long before Fowler. And yes, I would move Despres before Vatanen as well. Keeping all three of Lindholm, Fowler and Vats would be great.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Fowler, Manson and Despres can't make those giveaways. Those were all so bad.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Beleskey had 22G 10A 32P in 65 games last year. He has 13G 20A 33P in 67 games this year.

The issue with this year's numbers are the 13 and 20. How is he going to get 20 assists on the Kesler line? Is he playing with Marchant? We need someone who can put the puck in the net. We need a goal scorer.

John

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The issue with this year's numbers are the 13 and 20. How is he going to get 20 assists on the Kesler line? Is he playing with Marchant? We need someone who can put the puck in the net. We need a goal scorer.

John

He's played mostly on a line with Krejci/Spooner at centre. He basically never plays wth Marchand as he almost exclusively plays with Bergeron.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Can you really blame the fishbowl for leaving his guy wide open in front of the net though?

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
The whole team played like Emerson Etem offensively.

If you missed the game that's the best description I can give.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Can you really blame the fishbowl for leaving his guy wide open in front of the net though?

I wouldn't put it on the fishbowl. He made a bad choice to try to block the shot there, but he wasn't alone to blame. Perron gave Gunnarsson all day at the point. If he had done his job defensively that play never has time to develop.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
During the winning streak, the PP was at ludicrous speed pace of 45% efficiency. In the last three losses, the PP has been 11%.

League avg high is 23.7%
League avg low is 15.3%.

vs Was: 0 for 3.
vs Col: 0 for 3.
vs St.Louis: 1 for 3.

Coach BB denoted at the Washington game that the team hasn't been skating well and has been bailed out by the PP. Apparently, it's still showing. Getting Horcoff and Stewart might help realign things again as BB had to resort to putting the Twins together again. Send Ritchie down. If we're keeping Ritchie on the fourth line, then bring up Noesen instead.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

No, that was puck watching and I called him on it at the time if you go back in the thread.

He's clearly fumbling the puck while stickhandling, passing, receiving passes, and shooting though, and that I think IS the fishbowl.

Last edited:

mytduxfan*

Lindholm-Manson
Despres-Vatanen
Theodore-Bieksa

This would be a terrible idea IMO.

No, that was puck watching and I called him on it at the time if you go back in the thread.

He's clearly fumbling the puck while stickhandling, passing, reviewing passes, and shooting though, and that I think IS the fishbowl.

Agreed. Hopefully that thing comes off soon.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Me, after the Kings game (our last win)

Despite the winning streak, I feel like the team hasn't quite been that good the past few games.

Sort of how like a team normally plays better and doesn't get results at the end of a losing streak, this feels a little like "undeserved wins" at the end of a winning streak.

Hopefully a loss would just refocus them and they can get back to playing well.

Prophecy or jinx?

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Bieksa being day to day is good for him, bad for the team.

That should be his status for playing in general.

During the winning streak, the PP was at ludicrous speed pace of 45% efficiency. In the last three losses, the PP has been 11%.

League avg high is 23.7%
League avg low is 15.3%.

vs Was: 0 for 3.
vs Col: 0 for 3.
vs St.Louis: 1 for 3.

Coach BB denoted at the Washington game that the team hasn't been skating well and has been bailed out by the PP. Apparently, it's still showing. Getting Horcoff and Stewart might help realign things again as BB had to resort to putting the Twins together again. Send Ritchie down. If we're keeping Ritchie on the fourth line, then bring up Noesen instead.

THIS. I remember hearing a stat of something like the Ducks have scored eight 5 v 5 goals the past ten games. However, a PP clicking at that insane percentage has hidden how atrocious this team has been at scoring during even strength. This team still has MAJOR problems offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad