Proposal: Ana/NYR/NJ/Edm

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
That's just not true. RNH was top 30 in scoring among C for all of his healthy seasons as our #1C prior to McD & Drai coming along. Nobody would/could argue he's proven capable of being a top 15 C (if that's what you really mean when you say "legit"), but top 30 has been demonstrated repeatedly.

No, I mean a top-end number one center. As I've stated, the Rangers has a very similar player in Derek Stepan who they traded away. RNH isn't a bad player by any means, he's just ultimately not what the Rangers need. They need Jack Hughes more than anything.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
No, I mean a top-end number one center. As I've stated, the Rangers has a very similar player in Derek Stepan who they traded away. RNH isn't a bad player by any means, he's just ultimately not what the Rangers need. They need Jack Hughes more than anything.

Well, what can I say other than good luck with that! I must say I don't like your odds.

As for RNH... I think there is still an argument that he has untapped offensive potential, but he's a very coachable kid who's been a bit over coached in Edmonton and has taken on a mostly shut-down role by necessity. But you are right, there is little data (other than his first year) suggesting he can put up 70+ points in a full season. If he does it this year (which I DO expect if he's healthy), he won't get the credit due to playing on McD's wing... and that's fine. I don't particular want him traded anyway.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Well, what can I say other than good luck with that! I must say I don't like your odds.

As for RNH... I think there is still an argument that he has untapped offensive potential, but he's a very coachable kid who's been a bit over coached in Edmonton and has taken on a mostly shut-down role by necessity. But you are right, there is little data (other than his first year) suggesting he can put up 70+ points in a full season. If he does it this year (which I DO expect if he's healthy), he won't get the credit due to playing on McD's wing... and that's fine. I don't particular want him traded anyway.

That's fine and like I've said not a bad player by any means. I do like him, to me, he's a faster and harder shooting, but less defensively adept Derek Stepan. Not a bad player to have by any means, but the Rangers being as bad as they will be should be looking to add a franchise center through the draft.

If there was anyone I'd be looking to trade for from Edmonton, it would be Nurse, but I highly doubt he'd even be available, knowing Edmonton's defensive depth, so that's a non-starter.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I would put good money down on RNH scoring 30 goals and 70 points this season if he plays the year with McDavid - he’s a 55 point player in his own right. Edmonton would be nuts to move him now.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Oilers will not deal the only winger (not named Draisaitl) that actually has good chemistry with McDavid in the past 3 years. Even Taylor Hall couldn't gel with Connor. And then get back Severson? lmao. We already gave you Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson. No need to get greedy and try to rip us off again.
Everyone always wants to hustle the oilers into ridiculous deals because of their season last year and Chiarelli being the GM. Past 10 years all the oilers did was rotate players in and out of their roster, only keeping the "core" intact; it's time for them to keep it all together and let them grow as a non-dysfunctional family, much like the oilers of old

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I'd say the value is pretty equal to be honest. RNH is a lot more skilled than Kreider. Kreider is fast and can obviously use his size a lot more, which is what we currently need more, but people who think of RNH as this soft, ****ty center, has no clue about RNH.

I know the value is about equal, but Rangers are too soft, they can't afford to get even softer, and that is exactly what they are doing in this trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad