Confirmed Trade: [ANA/MTL] Jan Mysak for Jacob Perreault

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This is a change of scenery type trade, both guys from the same draft class who have shown flashes, but not enough to really get a look at the NHL level by their respective teams.

Both prospects are top 60 2020 picks inherited by new GMs.
My only thing is that overall I think Mysak has improved, very slowly, while Perrault has stagnated IMO.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So is this good or bad for Mysak? Is he just a dump or did Anaheim see something?

Gulls then Europe?

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Just a PSA so people realize how many Habs fans are out there - this very minor trade has meant that the top 2 searches on hockey DB are for the 2 players involved in the deal, despite all the other moves made over the past couple of days.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
nothing more than an AHL trade

really wanted perreault to work out, but he just hasn't shown any signs of improvement for a while now

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
So is this good or bad for Mysak? Is he just a dump or did Anaheim see something?

Gulls then Europe?
Getting away from Houle is good for Mysak as he was hellbent on gluing him on the 4th line. We'll have to see if Mysak can run with the opportunity with a new coach.

Reactions: Czechboy

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Just a PSA so people realize how many Habs fans are out there - this very minor trade has meant that the top 2 searches on hockey DB are for the 2 players involved in the deal, despite all the other moves made over the past couple of days.
Everyone looked up the other players yesterday.

But yes there are a view Hab fans here.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I thought it was Gabe Perreault for a few seconds and wondered how the actual f*** this could possibly have happened.

Reactions: banks

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Perreault has some NHL level skills, mostly his shot and pretty quick while not powerful skater. Doesnt really put enough effort or have anything to give anywhere else on the ice though. Kind of the opposite of his pops. Not surprised Verbeek shipped him out.

• Love
Reactions: Bijelo

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This has the potential of putting the Habs on the promised land.

This is a parade planning trade!

I don't know what Hughes did to pull of this amazing trade. Possibly setting Anaheim back at least a decade.

Warm wishes to Anaheim after Hughes took this vicious advantage of the poor Ducks.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
This has the potential of putting the Habs on the promised land.

This is a parade planning trade!

I don't know what Hughes did to pull of this amazing trade. Possibly setting Anaheim back at least a decade.

Warm wishes to Anaheim after Hughes took this vicious advantage of the poor Ducks.

So what are you guys trying to say? That the Habs shouldn't make any minor trades? That only major trades need be reported on? This is GM John Sedgwick's first move in Laval since his new contract. Let's just see what other changes he makes on the Rocket before the end of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Lets see: 20 points in 48 games for Mysak, 28 points in 48 games for Perreault. Montreal looks like they got the better player and one with a deadly shot. What does Mysak do other than work hard ? We don't really need more 4th liners with how they've been drafitng Gaucher, Myatovic etc.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Saw a Perreault change of scenery trade coming, at this point he just hasn't done enough in the AHL to make a push for NHL time on one of the weakest rosters. Time for a reset.
As you know I had called something from Rs [Vesey?] to acquire JP who would then go to Habs for Barron
we both called JP

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Cool trade. As ranked on my NHL Affiliated Prospect Ranking, I have them exactly 3 places away from eachother, so pretty cool to see. I'm very high on Mysak.

1709846449364.png

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Lets see: 20 points in 48 games for Mysak, 28 points in 48 games for Perreault. Montreal looks like they got the better player and one with a deadly shot. What does Mysak do other than work hard ? We don't really need more 4th liners with how they've been drafitng Gaucher, Myatovic etc.
Mysak projects as a bottom 6er IF he makes it. He does have skill and he has a lot of heart. Plays more like a Canuck then a Czech to be honest. Goes to dirty areas and was captain of several Czech teams. I'm not sure if he ever sees the NHL though.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So what are you guys trying to say? That the Habs shouldn't make any minor trades? That only major trades need be reported on? This is GM John Sedgwick's first move in Laval since his new contract. Let's just see what other changes he makes on the Rocket before the end of the season.
The is3due is we have a trainload of mid level forwards and we need top 6.

Package a few for higher quality rather then swapping AHLers

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Don't love it for the Habs. Think Mysak is more likely to develop into an everyday NHLer.
Both guys have almost next to zero chances of making it to the NHL. Mysak was very close to starting the year on the ECHL. He likely tops out as a 2nd liner in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad