Confirmed Trade: [ANA/MTL] Jan Mysak for Jacob Perreault

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Two 5'11 forwards from the 2020 getting flipped for one another - #27 overall for #48.

I'm thinking Perreault might give Laval a bit more time before looking to Europe, so this might work out for Montreal. Still, they gave up the positionally more valuable player.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Saw a Perreault change of scenery trade coming, at this point he just hasn't done enough in the AHL to make a push for NHL time on one of the weakest rosters. Time for a reset.
Saw a Mysak change of scenery trade coming, at this point he just hasn't done enough in the AHL to make a push for NHL time on one of the weakest rosters. Time for a reset.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I think Mysak has NHL potential, he has bottom 6 upside but it's still a longshot IMO, hard working player

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I was hoping Perrault would get a chance if the team ever got healthy as a 3rd wheel with good players. I feel like he's a guy that just can't carry a line (even in the AHL) and there just wasn't enough talent to let him play his game... that and the injuries have piled up. Put him with a good LW and C that will draw the attention and let him get into shooting areas and he'll be at his best. I wanted to see a Gauthier-Zegras-Perrault 3rd line in pre-season next year, oh well. We have plenty of depth guys.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
two players needing a change of scenery. I know most of us Duck fans expected this to happen for Perreault. I was hoping he'd be packaged for a better upgrade. Oh well, I see the reason to move on.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
seems early to give up on a guy you drafted in the first round a few years ago

When Perreault was drafted by Anaheim, Pat Verbeek was still working in Detroit. When you inherit prospects, you might have to disregard where somebody else took them and just go with your own valuation.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That's often how these trades tend to work haha hopefully helps both players in the end

Yeah, guys get a kick in the ass and then put in more work on their game to get further. We'll have to see how this impacts either of these guys but it wouldn't surprise if one or both get going after this.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
This is a change of scenery type trade, both guys from the same draft class who have shown flashes, but not enough to really get a look at the NHL level by their respective teams.

When Perreault was drafted by Anaheim, Pat Verbeek was still working in Detroit. When you inherit prospects, you might have to disregard where somebody else took them and just go with your own valuation.

Both prospects are top 60 2020 picks inherited by new GMs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad