Proposal: ANA Mega Rebuild: MTL/TOR/COL/CHI/NYR/PIT/WPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Yeah, absolutely 100% no to the Pittsburgh proposal. Not giving up our 2 best prospects for an aged out Getzlaf and a goalie we don't need. We'll gladly keep JJ before we do that. Oh geez AND MURRAY!? No.

Some of the others...not awful but I imagine there will be a lot of upset people.
Yeah thats "spit out your coffee" bad for PIT, which I nearly did.

We shed JJ, get the ghost of Getzlaf, and all it costs us is a goalie downgrade and are our two top, nearly ready prospects. YUCK.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Yeah thats "spit out your coffee" bad for PIT, which I nearly did.

We shed JJ, get the ghost of Getzlaf, and all it costs us is a goalie downgrade and are our two top, nearly ready prospects. YUCK.

If you think Gru is a downgrade on Murray I would like to remind you its not 2017 anymore. But you seem to think Getz is also in 2022 so I would stay away from the time machine

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I would jump for joy with the Leafs proposal. I am guessing it would take that package + 15th overall.

too little from OP, then you gave too much

Manson isnt getting pick 15+Liljegren+Johnsson when there are a bunch of guys available in UFA (Tanev,Hamonic,Brodie etc)

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I dont know where to start with this mess ...

Gibson and Rakell are not going out together for a giant pile of "things the Avs dont need/want" and a very late 1st.

Especially when one of those pieces is Timmins with his disastrous concussion history. He's managed to play 78 total hockey games in any league since he was drafted in 2017. A grand total of 2 NHL games before going out yet again with another concussion. Nobody is paying a lot to take on that risk, let alone him being valuable enough to be the centerpiece of a Lindholm trade

Domi as a 1c? Unless they're planning to tank for the foreseeable future, that's a no go

The leafs trade? Give up a cost controlled top 4 RD to roll the dice with an unproven maybe and taking a cap dump back on top of it? Big hell no to that one. I did get as laugh out of OP putting Johnsson as a top 6 LW tho.

Its kind of sad that after all those trades, I believe ANA is actually worse off than when they started.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
MB is a straight up crazy person. So I am not too worried what fans of MTL think because I am pretty darn convinced its something that he would do lmao
Other than the Drouin trade Bergevin has come out on top in most of his trades. I’m pretty darn convinced he’d hang up the phone if you’re offering a 40 point w for a 50-60 point C who’s 4 years younger

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This summer ANA goes into FULL rebuild mode trading away every big roster player to do an entire rebuild in a very short window:

Trade 1:
MTL: Domi (Ana extends Domi 6x7)
Ana: Silfverberg

Ana gets a young top 6 forward that MTL seems destined to move out and MTL gets a top 6 winger for the short and long term to help insulate their young centers and give them options with their current rentals

Trade 2:
Tor: Liljegren, Johnsson
Ana: Josh Manson, Milano

Tor gets a physical defensive Dman and a young winger swap without adding much cap. Ana gets young pieces for the future

Trade 3:
Chi: Debrincat, Beaudin, Maatta
Ana: Lindholm, Deslauriers, Gudbranson

Chi gets a true top pairing Dman they desperately need using a position they have an excess of, as well as swapping a dmen to clear some cap the year after next.

Trade 4:
Col: Timmins, Zadorov, Grubauer, Annunen, Compher, Beaucage, Greer, 2020 1st
Ana: Gibson, Rakell

Ana gets 2 long term dmen to immediately replace what is lost, especially Timmins who I LOVE, A goalie for the now, a top top goalie prospect for the future, a 1st, 2 prospects with higher upside than I think people realize and and solid bottom 6 forward. Colorado gets 2 pieces to help them win now.

Trade 5:
NYR: Georgiev
Ana: 2020 2nd

Ana gets a young goalie with upside for a high pick to NYR.

Trade 6:
Pit: Murray(Sign for 4x3), Joseph, Poulin, Johnson
Ana: Grubauer, Getzlaf(50% retained)

Pit gets a goaltending upgrade, dumps a bad contract and gets Getz for one last run at a Cup. Ana gets a young goaltender to see if he can raclaim some magic

Trade 7:
WPG: Heinola, Roslovic, Perrault
Ana: Henrique, Fowler, Steel

WPG fills holes at both 2c and top 4 D while getting a center prospect, while WPG gets a young Dman, middle 6 young center and a winger for cap reasons. (Assuming Fowler waives, but hard to tell with his NMC, if not just find a trade with at team that works.)

Final Roster:

Debrincat/Domi/Terry
Johnsson/Zegras/Comtois
Heinen/Compher/Roslovic
Jones/Backes/Perrault
Poulin

Heniola Timmins
Zadorov Liljegren
Larsson Maatta
Jospeh Beaudin

Murray
Georgiev

Ana has an exceptionally young and talented roster with a bounty of prospects on the way as well. They can let the kids battle out to see who earns spots, take advantage of cap dumps during the flat cap and use any excess young players as trade pieces for more established players as you exit the fast rebuild and get back into contention. In the few years the kids have growing pains, use the high picks to get top end talent whereever the holes arise.

Is this batshit insane, yes. But is it also fun and have some sensibility to it? Also yes.

Ana 2nd for Geo is high enough for a yes
conventional wisdom is 2nd + depending on slotting and I've advocated getting a 2nd from somewhere and going to DET w/that + Geo for the DET 2nd.

But ANA on its own is solid yes.
congrats

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Other than the Drouin trade Bergevin has come out on top in most of his trades. I’m pretty darn convinced he’d hang up the phone if you’re offering a 40 point w for a 50-60 point C who’s 4 years younger

Its kind of weird for a guy who's team has been a non factor for a decade a "success" in any way. MTL has been irrelevant for a long long time and a big reason of that is that they have been very good at tricking their fans into thinking that things will some how be different moving forward

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I dont know where to start with this mess ...

Gibson and Rakell are not going out together for a giant pile of "things the Avs dont need/want" and a very late 1st.

Especially when one of those pieces is Timmins with his disastrous concussion history. He's managed to play 78 total hockey games in any league since he was drafted in 2017. A grand total of 2 NHL games before going out yet again with another concussion. Nobody is paying a lot to take on that risk, let alone him being valuable enough to be the centerpiece of a Lindholm trade

Domi as a 1c? Unless they're planning to tank for the foreseeable future, that's a no go

The leafs trade? Give up a cost controlled top 4 RD to roll the dice with an unproven maybe and taking a cap dump back on top of it? Big hell no to that one. I did get as laugh out of OP putting Johnsson as a top 6 LW tho.

Its kind of sad that after all those trades, I believe ANA is actually worse off than when they started.

Did you miss the word "rebuild" in the title?

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Its kind of weird for a guy who's team has been a non factor for a decade a "success" in any way. MTL has been irrelevant for a long long time and a big reason of that is that they have been very good at tricking their fans into thinking that things will some how be different moving forward
Lol. Ok bud. Your “Bergevin is crazy” argument and this little rant is so convincing. Clearly Montreal should accept the older, less effective player in the trade because....reasons

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

Rebuild implies getting better. And as I mentioned - any team using Max freaking Domi as a 1C is destined for a perma tank

It also implies that you trade off established things for better things - I didnt see any argument about my player valuation

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
This will go down as the worst post with 7 trades ever made on this forum. :laugh:

Outside of the Georgiev deal everything else is horrendously bad. Anaheim literally blows it up and the best futures piece they get back is Heinola? :laugh:

Reactions: Meeqs

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
MB just signed one of the worst Dmen this year to a 3.5x3 and gave him a NMC. I am most certainly right. The man is a terrible GM and thinking he isn't will only bring you sadness
So you think your proposal is bad idea that MB would agree to?

Reactions: Meeqs

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Pretty sure the reaction from non-ANA fan bases be like:

upload_2020-9-16_19-26-42.gif

Reactions: Pertti and Meeqs

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
MB just signed one of the worst Dmen this year to a 3.5x3 and gave him a NMC. I am most certainly right. The man is a terrible GM and thinking he isn't will only bring you sadness
The stat line I’ve been reading seems to go against this . Your gm is one of the few he hasn’t fleeced yet . Maybe he’s next

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Lol. Ok bud. Your “Bergevin is crazy” argument and this little rant is so convincing. Clearly Montreal should accept the older, less effective player in the trade because....reasons

They did today lmao

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

This is more like the Ducks going full re - something else.

You are sorely mistaken if you think this series of moves puts the Ducks in a better position. A rebuilding team should be looking to add pieces like Gibson, not trade them for a bunch of crap.

There is a really bad misconception around here that a team needs to go complete full tank in order to get better. Trading all your best players for a bunch of non elite prospects and late 1sts has a very low chance of making a team better at any point. Anaheim doesn't need to get any worse in order to get better, and they are not hurting for young depth whatsoever. They need more high end core pieces, so trading off the few that they have for all this stuff is completely ass backwards.

Teams like Toronto and Edmonton are struggling to take the final step because they don't have the goaltending or strong defensive pieces like Lindholm and Silfverberg to provide balance to their young offensive core. Anaheim is going to add young offensive talent over the next couple years (Zegras + early picks this year and almost surely at least next), they can get back to competing in the Pacific so much quicker by building from the net out rather than this full demolition.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Duck Knight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad