Proposal: ANA Mega Rebuild: MTL/TOR/COL/CHI/NYR/PIT/WPG

Discussion in 'Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk' started by Meeqs, Sep 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meeqs Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Rebuilding teams generally don't build around players who will be outside of their primes by the time they are relevant again, no.

Dislike it all you want but full on tanking is an excellent strategy and knowing the difference between that and teams who are just terribly ran is an important distinction as well.

I do agree that Ana is a pretty bad team either way and will get a high draft pick regardless.

You seem to be the one who is confused on how rebuilding works though, not me

2. Meeqs Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    I think it works because its something MB would do, and I also think that MB is very bad at his job. What you extrapolate from that onwards is up to you

3. Meeqs Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    I think you severely underestimate how bad some of the things posted on here are lol.

Also I would almost say its hard enough to ever see 1-2 good trades on here let alone 7 from a single team lmao. I would also add that what we see in reality is often far far worse than the standards people on here think are realistic

4. Meeqs Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Key word here you missed is getting better eventually. You clearly are confused with "win now"

5. heusy_79 9 - 20 - 8

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Rebuilding teams who don't keep any semblance of a veteran core always struggle to truly compete. Banking on a bunch of unproven teenagers has not proven to be a winning formula. Collecting a bunch of B prospects does not equal prosperity, never has. Sorry but you are of this broken HF mindset that hoarding non elite futures is the way to rebuild and I really don't see any example of that being the case.

The Ducks don't need to be bad passed Gibson and Lindholm's prime if they don't go full tank mode and completely strip themselves of all established talent. In honestly the full tank mode is quite ill advised for a tight budget team in a very saturated sports market. They can't sell off any reasons to come watch the team, resign themselves to being terrible for five plus years and hope to win a lottery some day. They need to get this thing turned around sooner than that, a complete blow up will put this team closer to being run out of town than to winning a Cup.

Even if I did agree with your premise, you literally have not offered one piece who a team should be banking on as a true cornerstone. I'd much rather start a rebuild with the few building blocks we have a place than with a fistful of magic beans .

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Spazkat likes this.
  6. The Duck Knight Henry, you're our only hope!

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    I don't have any issue with your general premise, but if the Ducks were going to blow it up (they're not) and move all of their best pieces they'd want quality over quantity. This is the opposite. I don't know any way to justify a team moving Gibson/Lindholm/Fowler/Rakell/etc. without getting a single blue chip asset back.

Spazkat and heusy_79 like this.
  7. heusy_79 9 - 20 - 8

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Do you honestly think trading our elite goalie, who is signed long term through his prime, for that pile of stuff, will ever actually actually make a team better at any point?

Five years down the road, and we're lucky if we get a couple solid contributors out of the deal. Keeping an established elite talent has an exponentially better chance of helping us compete in the future than those pieces. That's what I'm talking about with the misconception over how to build a team - we need to add like 3 more Gibson level talents to be competitive. Starting by trading him for a pile of stuff is completely backwards. You are suggesting the asset management version of chucking a bunch of low percentage shots.

8. Meeqs Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    I think its very important to point out that this was intentionally very dumb/silly/fun.

However I would be VERY interested and entertained if you have the time to have you give it a shot and see where we differ. Its honestly kinda enjoyable being like "trade every player in their prime" and not be incredibly boring by making them all of them one sided. Win some trades, lose some trades, be silly.

9. Meeqs Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Do you see the humor in treating this post seriously.

Like don't get me wrong, this post is intentionally dumb, but I didn't expect to get people commenting who actually went below that bar lmao.

However to give you an accurate response. I would say I don't expect the Ducks to be able to build a contender before many of their current pieces are past their prime, and thus should clearly trade them for pieces that line up with that. Who and for what is debatable

10. Blackhawkswincup RIP Fugu

SB Cash:
    $ 1,897,850
    Deslauriers blows and Gudbranson is absolutely meh bottom pairing defender

Not giving up Debrincat + Beaudin + Maatta for 2 yrs of Lindholm (Who will be UFA at end of 2 years)

Also Lindholm has had some issues staying healthy in recent years

Also I have always found Lindholm to be a bit overrated

Pertti likes this.
  11. heusy_79 9 - 20 - 8

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Personally have always thought silly fantasy threads should go in the fantasy section and prefer to come here for an mature discussion about what teams may actually do in reality but to each their own. If you were going for any sense of realism you are miles off on most of these. But it seems like you just wanted to play NHL 20 for an audience so mission accomplished I guess.

12. SEALBound Fancy Gina...mmmmm...

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Dude...no. Insulting the fan base isnt helping your cause.

13. Meeqs Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    This entire website is silly fantasy lmao, who you think you foolin? If you think internet message boards are where people go for 'mature discussion' boy are you in for a trip. There is maybe 5-10 good posts on this place in an entire year lol.

14. Meeqs Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Posters on here insult themselves by what they post. I just respond to each comment in kind. If you post valid and thought provoking conversation then I respond. If you are hella dumb I make fun of you for it. As it should be.

Also I don't have a 'cause', this is a meme thread.

15. Paul4587 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Get back to your PlayStation, NHL20 is waiting...

MCB likes this.
  16. heusy_79 9 - 20 - 8

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    I wouldn't still be here after all these years if there wasn't quality conversation to be had. Absolutely are many informed, intelligent hockey fans to discuss the game with here. Unfortunately a lot the quality gets buried by this silly attention seeking crap. I'll never understand what the heck anyone would ever hope to get out of trying to make a "meme thread" but I can guarantee there are better ways to spend your time

17. SRHRangers Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 900,000
    I give Kravtsov, Georgie, and a B prospect or a 3rd rounder for Lindholm if you are insistent on Georgie in the deal.

If not set on Georgie, I would give Kravtsov/Car 1st for Lindholm.

I'm usually for being set for this off-season, but I would really like the fit for the Rangers with Lindholm.

18. heusy_79 9 - 20 - 8

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Anaheim hasn't drafted/signed/employed a young Russian player for too long for it to be any coincidence. I definitely wouldn't bank on them trading their best Dman for a Russian prospect.

19. Meeqs Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    I have a n64, not on there mr serious message board man

20. Drew311 Makes The Pass

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    With that projected roster the only good part for the Ducks is they’ll have the best chance to draft Wright in 2022.

21. Meeqs Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Every smart post ever is "seems good" and disappears. Every dump article is here for months. Its just how these things work, no reason to fight that.

Also there are people worth talking to on here but its more of a rarity than not.

If you don't understand fun, its because you aren't fun, which so far checks out

22. Meeqs Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Thats the idea yes

23. Meeqs Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Your retort is a conspiracy theory that Ana is racist?

24. Junohockeyfan Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    Horrible for the Habs

25. Meeqs Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 1,000,000
    I think that pairing has been talked about a few times. That proposal could make sense if they choose to move Gibson but that is honestly very unlikely to happen so probably not realistic, but not bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.