Proposal: ANA Mega Rebuild: MTL/TOR/COL/CHI/NYR/PIT/WPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
This summer ANA goes into FULL rebuild mode trading away every big roster player to do an entire rebuild in a very short window:

Trade 1:
MTL: Domi (Ana extends Domi 6x7)
Ana: Silfverberg

Ana gets a young top 6 forward that MTL seems destined to move out and MTL gets a top 6 winger for the short and long term to help insulate their young centers and give them options with their current rentals

Trade 2:
Tor: Liljegren, Johnsson
Ana: Josh Manson, Milano

Tor gets a physical defensive Dman and a young winger swap without adding much cap. Ana gets young pieces for the future

Trade 3:
Chi: Debrincat, Beaudin, Maatta
Ana: Lindholm, Deslauriers, Gudbranson

Chi gets a true top pairing Dman they desperately need using a position they have an excess of, as well as swapping a dmen to clear some cap the year after next.

Trade 4:
Col: Timmins, Zadorov, Grubauer, Annunen, Compher, Beaucage, Greer, 2020 1st
Ana: Gibson, Rakell

Ana gets 2 long term dmen to immediately replace what is lost, especially Timmins who I LOVE, A goalie for the now, a top top goalie prospect for the future, a 1st, 2 prospects with higher upside than I think people realize and and solid bottom 6 forward. Colorado gets 2 pieces to help them win now.

Trade 5:
NYR: Georgiev
Ana: 2020 2nd

Ana gets a young goalie with upside for a high pick to NYR.

Trade 6:
Pit: Murray(Sign for 4x3), Joseph, Poulin, Johnson
Ana: Grubauer, Getzlaf(50% retained)

Pit gets a goaltending upgrade, dumps a bad contract and gets Getz for one last run at a Cup. Ana gets a young goaltender to see if he can raclaim some magic

Trade 7:
WPG: Heinola, Roslovic, Perrault
Ana: Henrique, Fowler, Steel

WPG fills holes at both 2c and top 4 D while getting a center prospect, while WPG gets a young Dman, middle 6 young center and a winger for cap reasons. (Assuming Fowler waives, but hard to tell with his NMC, if not just find a trade with at team that works.)

Final Roster:

Debrincat/Domi/Terry
Johnsson/Zegras/Comtois
Heinen/Compher/Roslovic
Jones/Backes/Perrault
Poulin

Heniola Timmins
Zadorov Liljegren
Larsson Maatta
Jospeh Beaudin

Murray
Georgiev

Ana has an exceptionally young and talented roster with a bounty of prospects on the way as well. They can let the kids battle out to see who earns spots, take advantage of cap dumps during the flat cap and use any excess young players as trade pieces for more established players as you exit the fast rebuild and get back into contention. In the few years the kids have growing pains, use the high picks to get top end talent whereever the holes arise.

Is this batshit insane, yes. But is it also fun and have some sensibility to it? Also yes.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Yeah, absolutely 100% no to the Pittsburgh proposal. Not giving up our 2 best prospects for an aged out Getzlaf and a goalie we don't need. We'll gladly keep JJ before we do that. Oh geez AND MURRAY!? No.

Some of the others...not awful but I imagine there will be a lot of upset people.

Reactions: DesertPenguin

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
There's probably not much chance the Jets give away two good young players for two aging players with bad contracts.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I would jump for joy with the Leafs proposal. I am guessing it would take that package + 15th overall.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Yeah, absolutely 100% no to the Pittsburgh proposal. Not giving up our 2 best prospects for an aged out Getzlaf and a goalie we don't need. We'll gladly keep JJ before we do that. Oh geez AND MURRAY!? No.

Some of the others...not awful but I imagine there will be a lot of upset people.

I mean you don't make 7 trades without causing some shinanigans. Also "2 best prospects" doesn't really mean much when you have the 2nd worst prospect pool in the entire NHL, or when your GM is obviously in complete win now mode. Murray is also being traded anyways so you might as well get a much better #1 goaltender to pair with Jarry. Getting a star as a 3c, upgrade in goal and getting rid of your worst player by a mile that single handedly lost you the MTL series for 2 players that wouldnt have too much of am immediate impact seems like a pretty obvious win to me, but I can definitely respect a different take.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
COL would likely accept, but don’t understand why they need to accumulate Goalies? PIT trades a G to avoid the EX Draft get another?

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
There's probably not much chance the Jets give away two good young players for two aging players with bad contracts.

I mean they are coming off of strong seasons and it fills their 2 biggest needs. Probably not optimal but it's clear Roslovic isn't going to get a fair shake in WPG so there is really 1 main valuable piece coming back. This was a more silly thread and that was the very last trade to get rid of the last 2 win now players, so I'm not too surprised it isn't a slam dunk lol

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I would jump for joy with the Leafs proposal. I am guessing it would take that package + 15th overall.

I mean I wouldn't argue with adding more value coming back to Ana, but I wanted to make them relatively fair and not too biased or 1 sided.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I would definitely entertain a Lindholm deal to NYR centered around Kravtsov.

One of the few guys I would entertain in a deal because I could see Lindholm part of the puzzle.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Hey Meeqs...did you make a bunch of proposals just to try to sneak Colorado getting Gibson and Rakell for a bargain in there?

I think both players fit that team pretty well, just like most trades on here.

I just made this to have fun. You could do it with a few teams but Ana seems in the best spot for it. The whole idea started around the Domi proposal

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I would definitely entertain a Lindholm deal to NYR centered around Kravtsov.

One of the few guys I would entertain in a deal because I could see Lindholm part of the puzzle.

I think there could be a deal with NYR as well, they certainly have the pieces. DeAngelo sucks though so don't bother adding him. Kravtsov+Beauch would probably work pretty well if you wanted to leave out Chi and expand upon Geo.

I really like Debrincat for this concept though and already moving for Domi and having Zegras makes other center prospects less enticing as guys with proven offensive upside. One of the issues is that you get a lot of depth and potential but the true high end players are harder to come by

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
This summer ANA goes into FULL rebuild mode trading away every big roster player to do an entire rebuild in a very short window:

Trade 1:
MTL: Domi (Ana extends Domi 6x7)
Ana: Silfverberg

Ana gets a young top 6 forward that MTL seems destined to move out and MTL gets a top 6 winger for the short and long term to help insulate their young centers and give them options with their current rentals

Trade 2:
Tor: Liljegren, Johnsson
Ana: Josh Manson, Milano

Tor gets a physical defensive Dman and a young winger swap without adding much cap. Ana gets young pieces for the future

Trade 3:
Chi: Debrincat, Beaudin, Maatta
Ana: Lindholm, Deslauriers, Gudbranson

Chi gets a true top pairing Dman they desperately need using a position they have an excess of, as well as swapping a dmen to clear some cap the year after next.

Trade 4:
Col: Timmins, Zadorov, Grubauer, Annunen, Compher, Beaucage, Greer, 2020 1st
Ana: Gibson, Rakell

Ana gets 2 long term dmen to immediately replace what is lost, especially Timmins who I LOVE, A goalie for the now, a top top goalie prospect for the future, a 1st, 2 prospects with higher upside than I think people realize and and solid bottom 6 forward. Colorado gets 2 pieces to help them win now.

Trade 5:
NYR: Georgiev
Ana: 2020 2nd

Ana gets a young goalie with upside for a high pick to NYR.

Trade 6:
Pit: Murray(Sign for 4x3), Joseph, Poulin, Johnson
Ana: Grubauer, Getzlaf(50% retained)

Pit gets a goaltending upgrade, dumps a bad contract and gets Getz for one last run at a Cup. Ana gets a young goaltender to see if he can raclaim some magic

Trade 7:
WPG: Heinola, Roslovic, Perrault
Ana: Henrique, Fowler, Steel

WPG fills holes at both 2c and top 4 D while getting a center prospect, while WPG gets a young Dman, middle 6 young center and a winger for cap reasons. (Assuming Fowler waives, but hard to tell with his NMC, if not just find a trade with at team that works.)

Final Roster:

Debrincat/Domi/Terry
Johnsson/Zegras/Comtois
Heinen/Compher/Roslovic
Jones/Backes/Perrault
Poulin

Heniola Timmins
Zadorov Liljegren
Larsson Maatta
Jospeh Beaudin

Murray
Georgiev

Ana has an exceptionally young and talented roster with a bounty of prospects on the way as well. They can let the kids battle out to see who earns spots, take advantage of cap dumps during the flat cap and use any excess young players as trade pieces for more established players as you exit the fast rebuild and get back into contention. In the few years the kids have growing pains, use the high picks to get top end talent whereever the holes arise.

Is this batshit insane, yes. But is it also fun and have some sensibility to it? Also yes.
habs say no thx

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
4 years and 10 team NMC . tell us how you really think? your troll opinion is irrelevant. he won't trade domi for a 30 year old winger

Ahh my bad, it was actually worse than I put down lmao. Also it is against the rules of the site to use the T word.

Also we will SEEEEEEEE what the trade ends up being. I wouldn't give your hopes up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->