Friedman: ANA - Leafs Montour

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Wow.
Timashov, while he’s not a A level prospect he’s certainly in the B-C level. He’s having a decent season in the AHL.
You have Brown as a dump?
I think if that’s where you are our conversation is finished. Can’t have a repectful conversation with crazy.
So with that, I bow out.
Leafs need space next season, and Brown is easily expendable...not your typical dump, but not a player teams will be clamoring to acquire either.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I never said Brown was a hot commodity. I just said he’d be used as an asset in a trade.
Sure, but in the trade you are suggesting, he doesn't hold the value you hope. He's worth about a 3rd, Timoshov is worth less than that....so you think adding Kadri to that lands you Montour+Ferland?

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Sure, but in the trade you are suggesting, he doesn't hold the value you hope. he's worth about a 3rd, Timoshov is worth less than that....soe you think adding Kadri to that lands you Montour+Ferland?
I feel Kadri and Montour is almost a wash. IMO I think Kadri is more established, still young and signed to an incredible contract, so I’d give Kadri the edge in terms of value.

Ferland will most likely garner a late first and a mid to late pick. He is a UFA to be and had a concussion earlier this year.

In my offer the Canes ended up with Sprong (who is performing) and an unknown prospect in Timashov.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I feel Kadri and Montour is almost a wash. IMO I think Kadri is more established, still young and signed to an incredible contract, so I’d give Kadri the edge in terms of value.

Ferland will most likely garner a late first and a mid to late pick. He is a UFA to be and had a concussion earlier this year.

In my offer the Canes ended up with Sprong (who is performing) and an unknown prospect in Timashov.

So if Kadri and Montour is a wash in this scenario (which I dont agree with - RFA top 4 RHD > 2/3 C) how do the Ducks end up downgrading from Sprong to Brown? They just want to help out the Leafs for some unknown reason?

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
1. No player traded from Toronto to Anaheim will put up near the amount of points they would in Toronto

2. Montour/Manson would be much better in Toronto than they have been in Anaheim this season

3. The Ducks should not trade any young guys with potential this season. Everyone on the team is having a bad year, don't sell low on any of them. Let them play a year in a real system and trying for the year before making a decision. Right now everyone's value is down, it's not worth selling guys like Montour unless management truly believes he has peaked

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
1. No player traded from Toronto to Anaheim will put up near the amount of points they would in Toronto

2. Montour/Manson would be much better in Toronto than they have been in Anaheim this season

3. The Ducks should not trade any young guys with potential this season. Everyone on the team is having a bad year, don't sell low on any of them. Let them play a year in a real system and trying for the year before making a decision. Right now everyone's value is down, it's not worth selling guys like Montour unless management truly believes he has peaked

The ducks have to tear it down. Their vets are older, Perry had a huge surgery, Kesler is almost Lupul 2.0 with injuries. Coming from a leaf fan who has seen when it's time to tear down..time is now. Now of course you dont give up all your young talent you off load the older guys..but they have huge $ signs attached. Basically your GM has to pick 1 to 3 D to keep build around the rest. Im sure you guys prefer Manson over Montour. I really wonder if we gave up Jake as part of the deal, and it hinged on him resigning if that would help a transaction happen.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I mean yes, literally every single team has an All-Star player.
How about a minimum of one All Star Centering two of any particular players top three line combinations.

Perhaps Pittsburgh will give up a 3/4D for Johnsson? I doubt he'll lose a step. On the other hand I wonder how many teams will trade a Top 4D for Jake Guentzel on the belief he will maintain his production on their team?

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I am not sure why anybody is wasting time arguing about Johnsson :laugh: If ignorant fans of other teams don't see the value in him then oh the horror I guess we are just going to have to keep him. You enjoy what you got....we will enjoy what we got.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The ducks have to tear it down. Their vets are older, Perry had a huge surgery, Kesler is almost Lupul 2.0 with injuries. Coming from a leaf fan who has seen when it's time to tear down..time is now. Now of course you dont give up all your young talent you off load the older guys..but they have huge $ signs attached. Basically your GM has to pick 1 to 3 D to keep build around the rest. Im sure you guys prefer Manson over Montour. I really wonder if we gave up Jake as part of the deal, and it hinged on him resigning if that would help a transaction happen.
I really disagree, well see what the team looks like with a new coach... leaf fans are well aware of the anchor RC is. Are biggest issue is center if we can get a high draft pick this year that can basically solve the issues. I do agree our stars are a bit older, but we have a lot of young talent... the problem to me lies in the fact that we cant get rid of that old talent so we are wasting a lot of money on players that arnt going to produce/provide much for us.... If we had that cap space from perry/kesler/eaves we could be contenders for a player like Panarin/Stone/Duechene but right now I think we just find a new coach, and move forward with what weve drafted/will draft and start fresh next year... I think itll be a trial year... lot of young players getting a shot... new coach/system … and team learning it.... but at least we should be more exciting to watch. I also agree, we prob do have to move 1 of the top 4 dmen, if nothing else for a bit of a shake up/change of character. I feel like fowler is the guy that needs to be moved... we have mahura/Larsson on left side... hes much easier to lose than a manson/Montour. Still cant believe we gave up Theodore essentially to protect bieska -.-

27 and younger:
Centers: Shore, Steel, Lundestrum, Kossila (morand but idk that hes an nhl player)
Right wingers: Kase, Sprong, Terry, Sheerwood
Left wingers: Rakell, Comtois, Ritchie, Jones
Defense: Lindholm, Fowler, Montour, Manson, Larsson, Mahura(hunter drew looks like hes got a pretty decent upside for where he was picked)
Goalies: Gibson, Dostal, Erickson-ek, Durney and Boyle

We look like we should have a top 5 pick this year, so you figure were going to get a boost in 1 of those forward spots. And I imagine we will add a 1st round pick via fowler/Henrique trade now or at the draft.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Jake Gardiner to Anaheim? You can f*** Right Off.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I am not sure why anybody is wasting time arguing about Johnsson :laugh: If ignorant fans of other teams don't see the value in him then oh the horror I guess we are just going to have to keep him. You enjoy what you got....we will enjoy what we got.
A few First Round outs? Enjoy away.

Reactions: Sam Steel

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
2 is a bunch? Listen I am not arguing with you champ. If you are happy with your team then I am happy for you. No need for the sass.
Two All-Star (Top 6) Centers is more than literally any other team in the modern Salary Cap NHL excepting the Penguins and this years Capitals, so yes I'd say comfortably, two is a bunch in this context.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I really disagree, well see what the team looks like with a new coach... leaf fans are well aware of the anchor RC is. Are biggest issue is center if we can get a high draft pick this year that can basically solve the issues. I do agree our stars are a bit older, but we have a lot of young talent... the problem to me lies in the fact that we cant get rid of that old talent so we are wasting a lot of money on players that arnt going to produce/provide much for us.... If we had that cap space from perry/kesler/eaves we could be contenders for a player like Panarin/Stone/Duechene but right now I think we just find a new coach, and move forward with what weve drafted/will draft and start fresh next year... I think itll be a trial year... lot of young players getting a shot... new coach/system … and team learning it.... but at least we should be more exciting to watch. I also agree, we prob do have to move 1 of the top 4 dmen, if nothing else for a bit of a shake up/change of character. I feel like fowler is the guy that needs to be moved... we have mahura/Larsson on left side... hes much easier to lose than a manson/Montour. Still cant believe we gave up Theodore essentially to protect bieska -.-

27 and younger:
Centers: Shore, Steel, Lundestrum, Kossila (morand but idk that hes an nhl player)
Right wingers: Kase, Sprong, Terry, Sheerwood
Left wingers: Rakell, Comtois, Ritchie, Jones
Defense: Lindholm, Fowler, Montour, Manson, Larsson, Mahura(hunter drew looks like hes got a pretty decent upside for where he was picked)
Goalies: Gibson, Dostal, Erickson-ek, Durney and Boyle

We look like we should have a top 5 pick this year, so you figure were going to get a boost in 1 of those forward spots. And I imagine we will add a 1st round pick via fowler/Henrique trade now or at the draft.
i think the ducks have a ton of good-great pieces, they really lack an elite talent up front imo. and the new hc, rc is horibad.
A coach makes a huge difference i agree, look at the islanders they lost an elite player, sure other players stepped up but the isles are much better then last year cause of torts.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
What are you even talking about? lol
Johnsson has spent a majority of his TOI this season with EITHER of Two All Star Centers, something practically no other player in the modern NHL can claim. I wonder if that might be boosting his numbers just a bit?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Johnsson has spent a majority of his TOI this season with EITHER of Two All Star Centers, something practically no other player in the modern NHL can claim. I wonder if that might be boosting his numbers just a bit?
You made a comment about the Leafs losing in the 1st round....I replied and you totally switched on the conversation. I will reiterate though I don't really give a damn what you think about Johnsson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad