Friedman: ANA - Leafs Montour

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
It is gonna be funny seeing the back tracking on here when he does end up at a new hockey club, though.

No one is saying he can't be traded... with enough inducement, you can find a taker for almost any contract. What we're all taking issue with is him being presented as something that adds value when tacked onto a trade proposal.

If Bieksa had 500k and 5 more years on his contract, and ANA fans had spammed the forums last year pretending that anyone would actually want to pay us for him... this is like that.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I am not a Ducks fan.

Their D core is very nice and more enviable than Toronto's. Lindholm, Manson, Fowler, Montour is a group they should keep together, maybe add a #5 who can fill in for Vatanen's missing offense but that's it.

The Ducks' problem this season was a combination of coaching and underperforming forwards.

Then explain their god awful defensive stats

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Then explain their god awful defensive stats

I just did.

When forwards can't forecheck, or drive play through the neutral zone and the coach fails to emphasize controlled team breakouts, team stats suffer.

Do you really think Hampus Lindholm went from a 57% CF player in 2016 against top lines to a 48% CF player in 2019 because he suddenly lost his skill?

Hockey is a team game. Call me when Morgan Rielly posts a 57% CF in a season.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Reading through Toronto's forum and specifically the Gardiner thread, seem Zaitsev makes every partner he plays with worse.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Given that Zaitsev is a servicable #4 defenseman on an expensive but not super overpaid deal and ANA rebuilding, I respectfully disagree.

Zaisev on 4.5m a year to be your #4/#5 on a rebuilding club isn't that bad. Hes not signed for 10 years.

Also, often players like Zaitsev thrive in a system and hold value. Anaheim can move him further in the deal for additional assets. If Zaitsev rounds into a reliable 2nd pairing defenseman, he could easily bring in a 2nd or something in the future.
If Zaitsev was any of the things you are trying to sell him as, you wouldn't be trying to trade to upgrade him and get rid of his salary.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Given that Zaitsev is a servicable #4 defenseman on an expensive but not super overpaid deal and ANA rebuilding, I respectfully disagree.

Zaisev on 4.5m a year to be your #4/#5 on a rebuilding club isn't that bad. Hes not signed for 10 years.

Also, often players like Zaitsev thrive in a system and hold value. Anaheim can move him further in the deal for additional assets. If Zaitsev rounds into a reliable 2nd pairing defenseman, he could easily bring in a 2nd or something in the future.
This is hilarious.

"GIVEN THAT ZAITSEV IS A SERVICEABLE #4 DEFENSEMAN". That's not a "given", he is a #6 with term and heavily overpaid.

You can save your snake oil salesman talk to other teams.

Reactions: Spazkat

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I just did.

When forwards can't forecheck, or drive play through the neutral zone and the coach fails to emphasize controlled team breakouts, team stats suffer.

Do you really think Hampus Lindholm went from a 57% CF player in 2016 against top lines to a 48% CF player in 2019 because he suddenly lost his skill?

Hockey is a team game. Call me when Morgan Rielly posts a 57% CF in a season.

So Corsi is all that matter? Lmao I guess Jake Gardiner is a top 10 D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad