Torrance, CA
They locked in down in the last half of the game

Getzlaf 8/16 - 50%
Kesler 13/22 - 59%
Santorelli 1/2 - 50%
Ritchie 0/1 - 0%
Thompson 0/4 - 0%
Rakell 8/14 - 57%

WTF, Rakell. Bring that more frequently please.

They were 13/27 in the defensive zone, which is actually pretty darned good with the new rules. The Kings were 9/17.

Rakell getting better with his only face-off move or is he changing it up? Didn't pay attention to his faceoffs this game.

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Few notes on a game.
Despite the win, im not pleased with our game, we won but long term that not how you go deep.
Whats worries me is that Kings achieved everything from their to do list, cycle the puck, piss of Getz, easy D zone entry, lots of penalties which disrupt our game flow...
They lost yesterday mainly because of bad shot accuracy...

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Few notes on a game.
Despite the win, im not pleased with our game, we won but long term that not how you go deep.
Whats worries me is that Kings achieved everything from their to do list, cycle the puck, piss of Getz, easy D zone entry, lots of penalties which disrupt our game flow...
Despite the winning streak, I feel like the team hasn't quite been that good the past few games.

Sort of how like a team normally plays better and doesn't get results at the end of a losing streak, this feels a little like "undeserved wins" at the end of a winning streak.

Hopefully a loss would just refocus them and they can get back to playing well.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Few notes on a game.

Kings didn't piss Getz off, the refs did. I can't imagine a worse officiating performance than that. He's been pretty good about it this year. Things turned for the worse in the second period, which incidentally is the period in which we took the lead for good.

The Kings tried their absolute best, with lots of help, and still couldn't win. You should feel good, not bad.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I'd rather us keep finding ways to win, than find ways to lose. We can't dominate every game, but it's a good sign we continue to win, even when we aren't playing our best.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Rakell getting better with his only face-off move or is he changing it up? Didn't pay attention to his faceoffs this game.

I wasn't really paying attention during the game, but I'm going to try to pay attention next time. Good for him if he finally has learned a new move.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Rakell gets better every single game. At this point I don't think you can put a cap on his potential.

mytduxfan*

Few notes on a game.

We took lots of penalties, but LA got away with a tonne. Should have been all square when the final whistle was blown, but the officiating was awful. We got totally screwed all game and still won. Getzlaf didn't lose his cool, nor did Perry, nor did Kesler. In fact, all our guys were on point.

I'm not worried about LA. We control our own destiny when/if we ever face them in the playoffs. IMO, the only team that ANA should be concerned about going into the playoffs is CHI.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I'm not worried about LA. We control our own destiny when/if we ever face them in the playoffs. IMO, the only team that ANA should be concerned about going into the playoffs is CHI.

If the Kings get healthy (Gaborik mainly), and get more from Carter and Toffoli than they are right now, they will give us all we can handle. That said, I agree that we are as good as them or maybe even better in terms of depth. But as you said, it's up to the team to avoid their patented meltdowns, that's what worries me more than the opposing roster. This team can hang if they don't go full headless chicken.

Nashville is formidable, a series with the Sharks could give us fits, a healthy Blues team shouldn't be taken lightly, either.

mytduxfan*

If the Kings get healthy (Gaborik mainly), and get more from Carter and Toffoli than they are right now, they will give us all we can handle. That said, I agree that we are as good as them or maybe even better in terms of depth. But as you said, it's up to the team to avoid their patented meltdowns, that's what worries me more than the opposing roster. This team can hang if they don't go full headless chicken.

Nashville is formidable, a series with the Sharks could give us fits, a healthy Blues team shouldn't be taken lightly, either.

Agreed, I just think that, on paper, we're better than all those teams. However, nothing was ever won on paper and a cup is never going to come easy. We're in a really good spot though.

Chexxum

Feb 1, 2007
San Diego, CA
Some "expert" on twitter said that he hurt his knee in the first period and then played through it the rest of the game, since Bieksa was already gone.

I remember Hazy mentioning something about Lindholm kinda lingering his way down the tunnel and how he wasn't 100%, is my brain dumb or does anyone else remember hearing that?

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
I remember Hazy mentioning something about Lindholm kinda lingering his way down the tunnel and how he wasn't 100%, is my brain dumb or does anyone else remember hearing that?
I heard that too. He took that leg hit several games ago, too. Hopefully unrelated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad