GDT: Ana @ La 1pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
The 6 to 2 pp and playing with 5 defenseman most of the game helped with that.

The one takeaway I got from the game is how many faceoffs we lost. I know kings are a good faceoff team but that will wear on us in a 7 game series.

According to nhl.com we won 51% of faceoffs, so it's not that bad.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
According to nhl.com we won 51% of faceoffs, so it's not that bad.

They locked in down in the last half of the game

Getzlaf 8/16 - 50%
Kesler 13/22 - 59%
Santorelli 1/2 - 50%
Ritchie 0/1 - 0%
Thompson 0/4 - 0%
Rakell 8/14 - 57%

WTF, Rakell. Bring that more frequently please.

Most of the faceoffs in defensive zone was lost on critical times, so it feels like they werent as even as they were.

They were 13/27 in the defensive zone, which is actually pretty darned good with the new rules. The Kings were 9/17.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
tGZjQLa.png

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Nice to see them get the W, but I didn't like the way we played tonight. Very sloppy play on even strength -- especially so in the 3rd, where we didn't have much going on offensively. The defensive play also wasn't up to par tonight, the Kings exploited some of our mistakes with a couple of quick passes through the netural zone. Don't know how much playing with only 5D for pretty much the entire game affected that though.

It's great that the PP is working for us, but we cant keep relying on it forever. We have to start scoring more on 5 vs 5, because that 44% PP isn't going to last. Teams will figure that out sooner or later.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
OD taking shots at the Ducks... saying they feel the need to prove they belong against the "elite" teams while for the Kings it's not as important because they've "been there done that"...:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad