Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] F Cutter Gauthier signs ELC with the Ducks (3 years, $950k AAV)

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Oh yeah I guess the Flyers should be thrilled about the situation. How could we be so silly.

Honestly, Flyers management smearing Cutter is the best thing they've done all year. It's arguably the only issue the fans & management agree on.
It’s understandable for fans to be upset. Duck fans, including myself, were pissed over the Justin Schultz debacle. So a lot of us completely understand feeling slighted. However, in defense of Cutter, no matter his reasons, at least he did the Flyers a solid and gave them ample time to trade him away and recoup assets. Schultz simply lied and lead the Ducks to believe he would be signing until the 11th hour when they could not get anything in return for him.

Also, trading away a #5 for a #6 and what should be a pretty high value 2nd round pick doesn’t seem like such a bad deal.

Flyers brass, in my opinion, should remain professional though. Speaking to the press about it, like a spurned girlfriend, isn’t a great look.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Cutter probably met some Philly fans and realised how insane they are and wanted to GTFO. Philly fans have literally proved this since he was traded.

I look forward to seeing him dominate next to Carlsson for the next decade.

Reactions: OKR

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Eh, I actually don't think they need to because it hurts even more when you're directly involved in it.

I think the "smear" campaign came from that one writer (independent of the Flyers) who suggested Kevin Hayes had something to do with him not leaving, and he was rightly called out by Torts. But even so, I totally understand them being mad about it, and I don't fault them at all for publicly or privately cursing him.
And yet, when Justin Schultz did worse to the Ducks, a lot of people here and elsewhere, said well, that's hockey and he had every right not to sign with the Ducks even though he gave them every indication he would sign with them until it was too late for the Ducks to move him for anything. The prevailing attitude was good for Schultz (and good for him to hold court with the GMs pitching him to sign with their team like he was LeBron James or something) and too bad for the Ducks and Ducks fans.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
As a Kings fan absolutely.

As a hockey fan they've had more than a few players I've liked individually over the years.. Selanne, Giguere, Niedermayer, Pronger, Getzlaf, Perry, Penner, Kesler, Bieksa, Gibson..

That problem is solved with guys like Zegras and Gauthier
Ha. Kings fans hated Getzlaf, Perry and Kesler.

Penner won two cups with the Kings, so why wouldn't you like him? And actually, Penner is a real-life douche and whacko conspiracy nut not some 20-year old college kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daz28

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
If Ducks fans are happy with him good for ya'll, enjoy your guy. I've said my piece, not gunna win the court of public opinion on this one. Respectfully ill happily hate the Ducks and shit on him where appropriate
then how about get the f*** out of the thread you started derailing five posts ago?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JKG33

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
There's a difference between cheering for and liking. I was a fan long before he was on the Ducks

Kesler was a prick to play against. Gauthier seems like a genuine douche off the ice. Big difference.

0/2
Lol here comes another Kings fan chiming in on a Ducks player…

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Oh yeah I guess the Flyers should be thrilled about the situation. How could we be so silly.

Honestly, Flyers management smearing Cutter is the best thing they've done all year. It's arguably the only issue the fans & management agree on.
Smart fans know that the Flyers could have signed Gauthier a year ago and are desperate to cover their ass now.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
How was his first game? I missed it
He got his first point - assist (which I suppose technically makes him a PPG player for the 23-24 season...), several shots on goal, contributed to the offense, and didn't look lost/awed by the level of play in the NHL. For a first game with a team that he had very little practice time with, he did fine.

Looked like there potentially was some chemistry with Carlsson, so if it's there, could be quite interesting moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad