Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Ducks sign Adam Henrique (5yr/5.85AAV)

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I like the term and the money for a 50 point middle-six center, especially when they're up against it given Kesler's status. They can afford to overpay because above all they need to keep this core competitive up until Getzlaf's retirement/movement/etc.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Think you just spend way too much time there guy, thanks for your totally irrelevant input though bud.

Anyway, great signing
It was a joke at their expense. Not yours or other HFDevils posters, bud.

I don't know if you're aware but we are actually allowed to make jokes on this site.

Reactions: Groo

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Henrique is as consistant as they come. A 40-50 point guy who's only above average qualities are finishing and penalty killing. Not really a great passer or play driver.

Last edited:

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I think RNH is a fairly good comparable. RNH's career points per game is 0.67, while Henrique's is 0.57. Fairly comparable, though Henrique scores more goals which gives more weight to his PPG. Henrique is also 3 years older, but he's still only 28 (which I think shows just how often people forget how young RNH still is, but that's another topic so I digress).

RNH is getting 6m AAV, so I think this is a pretty fair deal overall, much like RNH's deal. Both seem to fit in line with the going rates for players their caliber.

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
RNH signed his deal back in 2013 effective for 2014-2015 with a much smaller cap. Today, RNHs AAV would be 7-7.5 mil per.

Henrique is a solid player. Solid players get 5-7 mil now a days. Which is why locking up your stars for 10+ mil is worth it.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
RNH signed his deal back in 2013 effective for 2014-2015 with a much smaller cap. Today, RNHs AAV would be 7-7.5 mil per.

Henrique is a solid player. Solid players get 5-7 mil now a days. Which is why locking up your stars for 10+ mil is worth it.

That's a good point. But I also recall hearing just a couple years ago here how RNH is overpaid, which gives more credence to your point that as the salary cap continues to rise players of these caliber and the deals they signed earlier become a better and better deal, and locking up your players for what may seem like a bit of overpay today becomes a very good deal later on, or at the very least evens out in most cases.

If Lindholm is worth close to 5m (which basically everyone in that thread, including myself, agree upon) then Henrique and RNH are worth ~6m easily. Anyway, don't mean to make this about RNH, I just brought him up as I thought he was a somewhat fair comparable as both are very good 2nd line centers, even if they're not stars. But let's try to leave that be and let this be about Henrique.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think RNH is a fairly good comparable. RNH's career points per game is 0.67, while Henrique's is 0.57. Fairly comparable, though Henrique scores more goals which gives more weight to his PPG. Henrique is also 3 years older, but he's still only 28 (which I think shows just how often people forget how young RNH still is, but that's another topic so I digress).

RNH is getting 6m AAV, so I think this is a pretty fair deal overall, much like RNH's deal. Both seem to fit in line with the going rates for players their caliber.

Tyler Johnson signed last year at 5mil for 7 years. He was a year and a half younger than Henrique with an RFA year still left. He produces at a 0.67 rate and has a higher goals per game rate as well. He took less money for more term. People tend to think he's overpaid and has too much term for his age so prepare for that when this deal kicks in next off-season.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
another tumbling block leading to a future cba lockout... hope for duck fans this turns out better than I think it will

but sad for hockey in general that these very unwise deals keep getting handed out. where will the insanity end?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
would have guess 5-5.25 or something similar.
nearly 6 mil for a guy with a career high of 51pts is bananas.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
What's with ducks fans saying Kesler retiring? What is that about ?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
What's with ducks fans saying Kesler retiring? What is that about ?

He’s questionable to play next year due to hip issues. We won’t know more until closer to the season on whether he feels he’s capable of playing at a high level still.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Yes.

28 is aging. His contract runs until he's 33/34, For a player like Henrique, that term is not good.

I can't agree that 28 is aging in any stretch of the imagination, sounds silly if you ask me. He's a 2C who will be paid 2C money on a deal that ends before 35, nothing wrong with that at all. One year older than the min age for UFA, so basically you think any long term deal to a UFA is bad?

I'm not sure what you meant by " a player like Henrique" but he's been pretty durable and plays a style that should age well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad