Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Ducks sign Adam Henrique (5yr/5.85AAV)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Pagnotta believes it's 5.5
Looked really solid in Anaheim and can fill a variety of roles. The Henrique-Vatanen trade is one of the best recent examples of a substantial, win-win trade. Both teams got exactly what they needed out of that one.

Agreed. Anaheim had an overabundance of Vatanen types and now with Kesler's career in question, Henrique is vital to them.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Only 5 years is a bit interesting, but I guess his game will age enough that he'll be decent enough to get one more contract at 34 years old. Age like Marleau?

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
5.5 would be about expected. Anything more than that would be a bit rich for me, although I could live with anything below 6.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ooo that’s a bit much, not gonna kill them but that’s pricey
Yeah. But I think it's fine. Kesler was a fine 2c but considering the years Anaheim couldn't find someone for that role, Henrique will do just fine in that spot.

I also enjoy the Windsor Spitfires connection between Fowler and Henrique. Now if only they could get Taylor Hall out of New Jersey :naughty:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Fine with the price, can't really expect a hometown discount for a guy who's been in Anaheim for a few months. Happy to get him locked down as he's pretty much Anaheim's #2 center going forward with Kesler more likely to retire then continue playing (imo)

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Yeah. But I think it's fine. Kesler was a fine 2c but considering the years Anaheim couldn't find someone for that role, Henrique will do just fine in that spot.

I also enjoy the Windsor Spitfires connection between Fowler and Henrique. Now if only they could get Taylor Hall out of New Jersey :naughty:
Yeah as the 2c Henrique is a solid guy, just hope Getzlaf doesn’t get hurt bc Henrique is not a 1c.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah as the 2c Henrique is a solid guy, just hope Getzlaf doesn’t get hurt bc Henrique is not a 1c.
I would assume the plan is to bank on a guy like Sam Steel or Troy Terry eventually stepping into that role. I would say Rakell but he's more suited for the wing.

That said, provided Getzlaf doesn't get hurt I can't imagine him losing the 1c spot within the next three years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghetty Green

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not a bad contract for his 29-34 year old seasons. Scored 50 points last season. Seemed to fit into the Ducks team very well.

Last season or two have the potential to be a bit bad depending on how he ages, however he has never really missed any significant time, so that's always a good sign.

Reactions: Cambodian Fouler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad