Claimed off Waivers: [ANA] Ducks claim F Ross Johnston off waivers from the Islanders

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
he took a surprisingly clear loss in a tilt against Sam Morin of the Flyers a few seasons back, suffering an injury in the process. Frankly, he hasn't looked the same since.

In fact, I don't think he's clearly won an altercation since then, including two this preseason.
Same thing happened to Josh Manson when he was in Anaheim. I forget who it was he fought, but he got up wabbly afterwards and hasn't been the same since. Still a solid player, just a shell of his former self.

Was Johnston's injury concussion related?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Same thing happened to Josh Manson when he was in Anaheim. I forget who it was he fought, but he got up wabbly afterwards and hasn't been the same since. Still a solid player, just a shell of his former self.

Was Johnston's injury concussion related?

I don't think it was... I can't remember him having had concussion issues.

But I do think it was called an "Upper body injury".

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Anaheim is notorious for being in the top 10 for like the last decade plus every year for most penalty minutes. There are some seasons when they were the #1 most penalized team and many in the top 5. It seems odd they brought this guy in when they got Gudas this summer. It really was a bad move by Lou signing him to that deal but atleast Anaheim took him off the Islanders hands for nothing.
Simple: Gudas creates the mess, Johnston cleans it up

Reactions: McDonald19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad