Confirmed Trade: [ANA/CBJ] Devin Shore for Sonny Milano

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
We are missing half our roster if he can skate and not be a liability its better then our AHL roster.
He can skate some and is a decent puck handler. Won't wow you in anything. Typical warm body depth player who won't be a liability as long as he's used in correct matchups.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
We are missing half our roster if he can skate and not be a liability its better then our AHL roster.
Yes he will be better than Stenlund this year, not sure next one. and he isn't better than bone, wenn or nash at center that's mostly what I meant

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
Wasnt Sonny Milano considered a high rated prospect at one time ? What happen injuries or something else ?

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Wasnt Sonny Milano considered a high rated prospect at one time ? What happen injuries or something else ?

Can dazzle you with offensive skill then baffle you with blunders away from the puck. But he's made considerable improvements this season. Very well could end up being one of those players you blame Torts for ruining his chances with the Jackets since Torts sees mistakes no one else sees.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Swapping Sprong for Milano. Maybe the Ducks were picking between Milano and Ritchie during the draft and didnt realize that there was Larkin and Pastrnak available.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Can dazzle you with offensive skill then baffle you with blunders away from the puck. But he's made considerable improvements this season. Very well could end up being one of those players you blame Torts for ruining his chances with the Jackets since Torts sees mistakes no one else sees.
This is a good synopsis - dazzle and baffle - of Milano. He can make plays that few other Jackets could make, has good vision and can be a good assist guy on a team with players who can finish.

While his defense improved, that will never be his strong suit and was an Achilles heel on a team where punishment for defensive lapses and turnovers exceeded rewards for good offense. IMO the jury is still out on him - some think he still has upside while many would consider him a bust.

One thing is for sure - you’ll probably know when he’s on the ice.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Not sure why there would be any Columbus fans speaking poorly of Milano. I feel like he and Duclair were in similar situations. Flashy, productive, creative, not defensively sound, easily the kind of player to put in the coaches doghouse. Not all that unlike Sprong.

The writing was on the wall that his time was up as call up after call up jumped him in Torts depth chart.

Before the season Torts has said that it wasn’t Sonny’s play without the puck that was the issue it was when he tried to create something from nothing with the puck when the simpler play was there.

I think he’s a piece that could do well on a rebuilding team in the right circumstances. Columbus fans probably have modest expectations for Shore. Hopefully he can fill a role like he did in Dallas.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Not sure why there would be any Columbus fans speaking poorly of Milano. I feel like he and Duclair were in similar situations. Flashy, productive, creative, not defensively sound, easily the kind of player to put in the coaches doghouse. Not all that unlike Sprong.

The writing was on the wall that his time was up as call up after call up jumped him in Torts depth chart.

Before the season Torts has said that it wasn’t Sonny’s play without the puck that was the issue it was when he tried to create something from nothing with the puck when the simpler play was there.

I think he’s a piece that could do well on a rebuilding team in the right circumstances. Columbus fans probably have modest expectations for Shore. Hopefully he can fill a role like he did in Dallas.
I dont think theres anyone talking bad abiut him... i just think theres 2 schools of thought. Either you think Milano was held back because Torts has a short leash on offensive players or you think Milano is just a very raw talent that is having a hard time at this level but is a very good offensivly minded player.

Ive aeen what Torts did with Panarin ans Bjorkstrand turning them into great 2way players and doing things they struggled with or were too lazy to do before. Its a situation where the teams gameplan and the players playstyles dont mesh so you move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad