Confirmed Trade: [ANA/BUF] Brandon Montour for Brendan Guhle + 2019 1st (SJ or STL)

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
As I said earlier, his results have been bad for awhile.

People think all defenseman on the Ducks are studs for some reason.

Reactions: 405Exit

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

Agree to some extent. Manson is pretty damn good though. If Ducks was good at anything? we’re good at Defenseman. Hence the high prices Vatanen and Montour fetched.

You throw Anaheim a defenseman we will make it work. Hence hogwash Beauchemin when we got em. Now he’s a Stanley Cup champion.

Tread carefully when you throw Anaheim defenseman or picks. They will burn you.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Its the sheer quantity of Top4 Dmen they have drafted. Most of them are 2nd pair guys(Theodore, Gardiner, Schultz, Vatanen, Montour, Petterssen), 1 is marginal top pairing (Fowler) & 2 top pairing guys in Lindholm & Manson.
None of them are elite, although under a modern coach Lindholm might have a breakout season but we have spent 3 years with the worst coach in the league so that hasn't happened yet.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Just wanted to thank Anaheim for Montour. This kid is really good. Going to be a pivotal member of the Sabres rebirth next season. Hope Guhle does well out there. Thank you once again for such a good player.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I think you'll find Ducks fans to also be very happy with the trade, at least right now. Guhle played very well with Fowler in our top 4 before getting injured, whereas Montour had a hard time fitting on a pairing with Lindholm or Fowler, plus we got another 1st round pick. I like the trade as of today.

Reactions: Masch78

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I think you'll find Ducks fans to also be very happy with the trade, at least right now. Guhle played very well with Fowler in our top 4 before getting injured, whereas Montour had a hard time fitting on a pairing with Lindholm or Fowler, plus we got another 1st round pick. I like the trade as of today.
A win/win? God I hope so. Not only for the fans, but the players themselves. It would be nice to have a win/win for a change. I like that idea, makes our respective management teams appear to know something more than us fans, as of course, they do. lol
Good for Anaheim, good for Buffalo. Let's look at becoming more trade partner friendly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad