Player Discussion An Early Look at the 2021 Seattle Expansion Draft

member 96824

If Krug were to re-sign (let's say for 6 years and between 36 and 42m), wouldn't you rather expose him than Lauzon (assuming he continues to develop)? At least we would be freed of a good chunk of salary if they selected Krug, which could be re-located elsewhere. Cap flexibility is a very valuable asset in this league.

And if they know that they have to expose multiple good D's, I'd want them to trade those guys for a top 6 RW. We don't have enough offensive players that are worth being protected.

the general assumption is that Krug re-signs with a NMC or NTC and therefore has to be protected. It would be pretty shocking if that weren’t the case.

Reactions: wintersej

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

If Vladar keeps trending, this is another thing to look for in the expansion draft. Do you protect Rask? Do you maybe let Rask run to UFA and then re-sign him after expansion and protect Vladar?

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If Krug were to re-sign (let's say for 6 years and between 36 and 42m), wouldn't you rather expose him than Lauzon (assuming he continues to develop)? At least we would be freed of a good chunk of salary if they selected Krug, which could be re-located elsewhere. Cap flexibility is a very valuable asset in this league.

And if they know that they have to expose multiple good D's, I'd want them to trade those guys for a top 6 RW. We don't have enough offensive players that are worth being protected.

They're not going to resign Krug for 6 years at huge money and then let him go in a year. If they make the decision to give Krug that type of contract it will because they believe he is a critical, core part of the team

Lauzon is the piece that may be tough to lose, and heck with the way Zboril is supposedly playing down in Providence he may also be a tough one to lose

Gryz is a nice player, but I personally would not be looking to sign him into his early 30s, and if he is the guy they lose i think Vaak will be able to come in and replace. I might even trade a pick to make sure they take Gryz over Lauzon.

Reactions: Ratty

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

If Vladar keeps trending, this is another thing to look for in the expansion draft. Do you protect Rask? Do you maybe let Rask run to UFA and then re-sign him after expansion and protect Vladar?

that seems like the way to go. some think rask is done after this contract, too.

Reactions: rocketdan9

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Seems pretty straight-forward based on what we have today and assuming Krug is extended.

Protect - Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, Coyle, Debrusk. Kase, Ritchie, McAvoy, Carlo, Krug.

Quality players exposed:

F - Wagner, Bjork, Kuhlman, Senyshyn, Frederic

D - Moore, Gryz, Lauzon, Clifton, Zboril

G - Vlader (assuming Rask is extended).

Extremely good chance Seattle takes a D.

Not a shoe in that Krug will be extended. Definitely not a shoe in Kase or Ritchie will be extended.

The list I have thus far

F - Marchand, Bergeron, Pasta, Coyle, Debrusk, Kuraly, x?
D- McAvoy, Carlo, Gryz or Lauzon

In order to keep both Gryz and Lauzon , I would trade extra

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

one of Vladar, Keyser or Swayman will need to prove they can be reliable backups first. Next season one should get a shot (Vladar)
with Keyser/Swayman breathing down his neck down at Providence

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Not a shoe in that Krug will be extended. Definitely not a shoe in Kase or Ritchie will be extended.

The list I have thus far

F - Marchand, Bergeron, Pasta, Coyle, Debrusk, Kuraly, x?
D- McAvoy, Carlo, Gryz or Lauzon

In order to keep both Gryz and Lauzon , I would trade extra

Someone is going to offer Kuraly more than Boston for SURE. Kuraly is most certainly gone when his contract is up.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Someone is going to offer Kuraly more than Boston for SURE. Kuraly is most certainly gone when his contract is up.

If Bruins lose Sean ... it will be bad news

he is really underrated around here. Bruinsdust thinks he can be easily replaced

The guy is pure energy and menace in the playoffs.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
If Bruins lose Sean ... it will be bad news

he is really underrated around here. Bruinsdust thinks he can be easily replaced

The guy is pure energy and menace in the playoffs.

I would think he’s greatly appreciated by management but management is also smart enough to know not to overpay on 4th liners. It is what it is. Same thing as with Schaeller and Acciari before him someone will really pay them

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I wonder does keeping Vlader in Providence for another year keep him off the Seattle radar? If he comes up as the back-up next year and plays to his capability, he starts looking like a more viable option for Seattle.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I wonder does keeping Vlader in Providence for another year keep him off the Seattle radar? If he comes up as the back-up next year and plays to his capability, he starts looking like a more viable option for Seattle.

Depends what else is out there for the Bruins and the league. I would take Gryz and then target one of Jarry/Murray/Demko.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

I'd rather lose Vladar in this potential scenario than someone like Grzelcyk or Lauzon.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'd rather lose Vladar in this potential scenario than someone like Grzelcyk or Lauzon.

Really depend on whether you are extending Rask. If they are going to let Rask walk or if he retires, then Vladar is far more important to the Bruins than a bottom pairing defenseman (Gryz is a very good bottom pair defenseman, but that is what he is)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
one of Vladar, Keyser or Swayman will need to prove they can be reliable backups first. Next season one should get a shot (Vladar)
with Keyser/Swayman breathing down his neck down at Providence
isn`t the largest concern with Keyser concussion history?

That Swayman kid is intriguing, anytime a fan here posts his stats, seems like the kid see`s 40 SOG nightly and stops most of them, obviously a long way between NCAA and the NHL

I`ve seen all 3 of them play 0 minutes though so take that for what it`s worth

Reactions: rocketdan9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad